V3 and P2K software

Last response: in Brands
July 10, 2005 2:56:37 PM

Is there one P2K software with just upgrades floating around to modify the
V3 or is there different P2K software from different writers available? If
more than one, which is the easiest to use?

More about : p2k software

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 4:59:26 PM

"troyboy30" <troyboy30.1rzrqy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> www.motomodders.net
>
> sign up, look at the top for the software download link. all of the
> various programs are there including all of the p2k's.

I think I am going to take a shot at changing the seem table so I can
increase the handset volume. To do this I plan to download a P2K and XV132
programs. I noticed a number of people here have done it successfully. Are
these the programs they use and are there any step by step directions?

Jimmy

> --
> troyboy30

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 12, 2005 1:07:01 AM

Look at the following site:

http://www.xlr8.us/hofo/

Whilst not connected with volume changing have a look at
http://www.mark-world.com/Motorola/page1.html

I changed the volume attribute to 4 and this works well. If you're using
Windows XP then I have to use 'EndItAll' to close all programs before the
phone is seen by any of these programs.

Good luck.

AlanC

"Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message

> "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1rzrqy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message
>>
>> www.motomodders.net
>>
>> sign up, look at the top for the software download link. all of the
>> various programs are there including all of the p2k's.
>
> I think I am going to take a shot at changing the seem table so I can
> increase the handset volume. To do this I plan to download a P2K and
> XV132 programs. I noticed a number of people here have done it
> successfully. Are these the programs they use and are there any step by
> step directions?
>
> Jimmy
>>

>> --
>> troyboy30
>> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
>> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181192.html

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:59:08 AM

step by step? 1st, don't mess with editing the gain table. Either use
p2k or motokit and do it by just pointing and clicking. Motokit is
prob the easiest. Just click the volume option and adjust the sliders,
boot the phone and you're done. I wouldn't set anything higher than 4
or you may blow a speaker.

--
troyboy30
July 12, 2005 6:01:52 PM

"troyboy30" <troyboy30.1s1ixz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> step by step? 1st, don't mess with editing the gain table. Either use
> p2k or motokit and do it by just pointing and clicking. Motokit is
> prob the easiest. Just click the volume option and adjust the sliders,
> boot the phone and you're done. I wouldn't set anything higher than 4
> or you may blow a speaker.
>

> --
> troyboy30

Just tried to do a volume edit on my daughter's V220, all the settings were
at 8 already. I guess this don't work with the cheaper Moto phones. Any
ideas on how to get more volume?

bamp
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:55:26 PM

"troyboy30" <troyboy30.1s1ixz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> step by step? 1st, don't mess with editing the gain table. Either use
> p2k or motokit and do it by just pointing and clicking. Motokit is
> prob the easiest. Just click the volume option and adjust the sliders,
> boot the phone and you're done. I wouldn't set anything higher than 4
> or you may blow a speaker.

I saw the motokit on one of the sites (motomodder?), and it had a
suggestion that it was for advanced users only. Any comment on this? Will
I, a simple lowly I don't want more stress guy, be able to do it without
flucking my phone?

Jimmy

> --
> troyboy30

July 13, 2005 5:23:33 AM

go to howardforums.com and run a search for motokit in the motorola
forum. There is a thread thats about 60 pages long and covers
everything. No it's not advanced, it's simple point and click. Please
take the time to read the whole thread. There are some parts that may
or may not work depending on what phone you have. It was originally
made for triplets phones but most of the features work on the razr as
well. It's what i used to unlock advanced menus, adjust volumes, add
the block id on all calls option, etc etc.

1st thing you should do with it is a complete backup of your phone. If
you have backups, you can never ruin your phone, no matter what you do.

--
troyboy30