RAZR V3 and t-mobile and t-zones Web Settings

Last response: in Brands
Share
July 10, 2005 9:59:57 PM

I just got my t-zones web access configured using unlocked RAZR V3 and
t-mobile service. I saw the settings that BruceR posted, but they didn't
work for me. (btw. BruceR - I've been reading all your posts for the past 2
days on RAZR - Very helpful ... )
Also does anyone know if I can use media net or mms (what is this?) and how
I should set it? I thought I read that these could be used with t-mob
service, but the defaults are not working for me.

Anyway here are the settings that worked for me (given by t-mob tech
support- as a side note, tech said that July 10 - today - <should> be the
launch of the t-mobile V3)

Name new name (ie t-zone)
settings -> web acces -> web sessions ->[new entry]

homepage: http://wap.myvoicestream.com
service type 1: WAP
gateway ip: 216.155.165.050 (phone will drop the leading 0 . so only 50 will
be displayed)
port1: 9201
domain 1: leave blank
service type 2: WAP
gatewat ip: 216.155.165.051 (phone will drop the leading 0 . so only 51 will
be displayed)
port2: 9201
domain 2: leave blank
dns1: 216.155.175.40 (phone will drop the leading 0 . so only 40 will be
displayed)
dns2: 216.155.175.170

everything else leave as default (or modify timeout as desired)

the other settings are (in case you deleted them)
timeout: 15 min
speed (bps) 1: 9600
line type 1: modem
speed (bps) 1: 9600
line type 2: modem

the other lines should be blank

hope this helps someone -

devon
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 7:09:10 AM

I am new to Moto and to this forum -- today a I got an unlocked Cingular
branded black
RAZR. If I follow the instruxctions in this thread and set up T-zones,
will I be able to restore the Cingualr default settings if I want to use
it on Cingular? Is there a restore defaults like on some browsers?
Would I need to restore manually the Cingular settings? Where can I
find the Cingular settings? (Maybe I should copy them as I am
inputting the T-Mobile settings?!!??

Thank you.

--
davetreo300600
August 1, 2005 3:54:17 AM

davetreo300600 <davetreo300600.1t0ymz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>
wrote:

>I am new to Moto and to this forum -- today a I got an unlocked Cingular
>branded black
>RAZR. If I follow the instruxctions in this thread and set up T-zones,
>will I be able to restore the Cingualr default settings if I want to use
>it on Cingular? Is there a restore defaults like on some browsers?
>Would I need to restore manually the Cingular settings? Where can I
>find the Cingular settings? (Maybe I should copy them as I am
>inputting the T-Mobile settings?!!??
>
>Thank you.

Have you checked to see if it even has viewable settings? I bought
an unlocked CIngular T720, and it didn't even have a web sessions
menu, so I couldn't change the settings to T-Mo.
I'd definitely record the old settings before changing them, or, it it
allows multiple network setups, just add the T-mobile setup as the
second one, and leave the ingular ones intact.

I returned the T720 to the seller, and am again shopping for one
that's compatible with Tmo.

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.
!