RAZR V3 and t-mobile and t-zones Web Settings

I just got my t-zones web access configured using unlocked RAZR V3 and
t-mobile service. I saw the settings that BruceR posted, but they didn't
work for me. (btw. BruceR - I've been reading all your posts for the past 2
days on RAZR - Very helpful ... )
Also does anyone know if I can use media net or mms (what is this?) and how
I should set it? I thought I read that these could be used with t-mob
service, but the defaults are not working for me.

Anyway here are the settings that worked for me (given by t-mob tech
support- as a side note, tech said that July 10 - today - <should> be the
launch of the t-mobile V3)

Name new name (ie t-zone)
settings -> web acces -> web sessions ->[new entry]

homepage: http://wap.myvoicestream.com
service type 1: WAP
gateway ip: 216.155.165.050 (phone will drop the leading 0 . so only 50 will
be displayed)
port1: 9201
domain 1: leave blank
service type 2: WAP
gatewat ip: 216.155.165.051 (phone will drop the leading 0 . so only 51 will
be displayed)
port2: 9201
domain 2: leave blank
dns1: 216.155.175.40 (phone will drop the leading 0 . so only 40 will be
displayed)
dns2: 216.155.175.170

everything else leave as default (or modify timeout as desired)

the other settings are (in case you deleted them)
timeout: 15 min
speed (bps) 1: 9600
line type 1: modem
speed (bps) 1: 9600
line type 2: modem

the other lines should be blank

hope this helps someone -

devon
2 answers Last reply
More about razr mobile zones settings

    I am new to Moto and to this forum -- today a I got an unlocked Cingular
    branded black
    RAZR. If I follow the instruxctions in this thread and set up T-zones,
    will I be able to restore the Cingualr default settings if I want to use
    it on Cingular? Is there a restore defaults like on some browsers?
    Would I need to restore manually the Cingular settings? Where can I
    find the Cingular settings? (Maybe I should copy them as I am
    inputting the T-Mobile settings?!!??

    Thank you.

    --
    davetreo300600

    davetreo300600 <davetreo300600.1t0ymz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>
    wrote:

    >I am new to Moto and to this forum -- today a I got an unlocked Cingular
    >branded black
    >RAZR. If I follow the instruxctions in this thread and set up T-zones,
    >will I be able to restore the Cingualr default settings if I want to use
    >it on Cingular? Is there a restore defaults like on some browsers?
    >Would I need to restore manually the Cingular settings? Where can I
    >find the Cingular settings? (Maybe I should copy them as I am
    >inputting the T-Mobile settings?!!??
    >
    >Thank you.

    Have you checked to see if it even has viewable settings? I bought
    an unlocked CIngular T720, and it didn't even have a web sessions
    menu, so I couldn't change the settings to T-Mo.
    I'd definitely record the old settings before changing them, or, it it
    allows multiple network setups, just add the T-mobile setup as the
    second one, and leave the ingular ones intact.

    I returned the T720 to the seller, and am again shopping for one
    that's compatible with Tmo.

    To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
    Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

Motorola Mobile