Sign in with
Your question

Can't connect to any game servers!

Last response: in Networking
February 3, 2013 4:00:43 PM

I have a brand new Gateway DX4380G-UW308. With Windows 8, uninstalled Norton, disabled firewall, opened all ports and turned router firewall off, literally tried everything it's been weeks ad still no luck connecting to any of the games I play. Can't play League of Legends, Path of Exile Steam, nothing. My friends laptop plays them all fine on my network so it must be the computer, but it's brand new without any other software to conflict with anything I don't get it. Please help me!
Thanks in advance!

More about : connect game servers

February 3, 2013 4:44:34 PM

What happens when you try to play a game , I know your saying that you can't play on your network but we need the description of what happens when you try to play these games.
Are you connecting to your router wirelessly or by ethernet cable?
Have you tried to use an ethernet cable just to see if it allows you to play any of the games?
You don't have any problems with connecting to the internet to surf?
m
l
April 9, 2013 12:01:24 PM

inzone said:
What happens when you try to play a game , I know your saying that you can't play on your network but we need the description of what happens when you try to play these games.
Are you connecting to your router wirelessly or by ethernet cable?
Have you tried to use an ethernet cable just to see if it allows you to play any of the games?
You don't have any problems with connecting to the internet to surf?

i have this problem too im using windows XP(i have dual boot win7 and XP both same issue) and wired connection. i cannot connect to any game servers and steam doesnt work and utorrent doesnt work, i can surf the internet and download files thru browser.. speedtest shows 13Mbps of download and very slow 0.11Mbps upload with a 52ms ping AND i cant connect to pingtest.net packet loss test server wth i have connected 2pcs to the same router my pc is older and the other one is newer and it shows around ~0.52Mbps of upload and pingtest.net works on it :( 
m
l
!