KOTOR2: Ending questions.. what the hell?

As I said in another post, I finished playing through KOTOR2 despite
the terrible bugs. The ending has me wondering if I missed something.
No matter what I do, it ends immediately after Kreia collapses and I
get a scene of the Ebon Hawk flying away from an exploding Malachor V.
I thought there were supposed to be multiple endings depending on if
you saved Kreia or not? How do you do that?

Secondly, what the hell happened to the stuff with GO-TO and Bao-Dur's
remote? There was a scene where GO-TO paralyzes the remote and
reveals that he won't let the remote trigger the explosion of Malachor
V. Plus, if you ask Kreia about the future she says that you still
have at least one journey to take with the remote. But the game ends
immediately after the thing with Kreia... isn't there supposed to be
something with GO-TO and the remote? Why all that setup otherwise?!
Did they not have time to finish it and forgot to take out the bit
with GOTO and the sensor remote?

Confused.

-David
10 answers Last reply
More about kotor2 ending questions hell

    David Bilek wrote:
    > As I said in another post, I finished playing through KOTOR2 despite
    > the terrible bugs. The ending has me wondering if I missed something.
    > No matter what I do, it ends immediately after Kreia collapses and I
    > get a scene of the Ebon Hawk flying away from an exploding Malachor V.
    > I thought there were supposed to be multiple endings depending on if
    > you saved Kreia or not? How do you do that?
    >
    > Secondly, what the hell happened to the stuff with GO-TO and Bao-Dur's
    > remote? There was a scene where GO-TO paralyzes the remote and
    > reveals that he won't let the remote trigger the explosion of Malachor
    > V. Plus, if you ask Kreia about the future she says that you still
    > have at least one journey to take with the remote. But the game ends
    > immediately after the thing with Kreia... isn't there supposed to be
    > something with GO-TO and the remote? Why all that setup otherwise?!
    > Did they not have time to finish it and forgot to take out the bit
    > with GOTO and the sensor remote?
    >
    > Confused.
    >
    > -David

    I suffer from visions of the past.

    I see... the script for the original KotOR 2 ending.

    I see... one big-ass pair of scissors.

    I see... the script for the original KotOR 2 ending being CUT by those
    big-ass scissors.

    And now I see... an online petition. ;)

    GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
    >David Bilek wrote:
    >> As I said in another post, I finished playing through KOTOR2 despite
    >> the terrible bugs. The ending has me wondering if I missed something.
    >> No matter what I do, it ends immediately after Kreia collapses and I
    >> get a scene of the Ebon Hawk flying away from an exploding Malachor V.
    >> I thought there were supposed to be multiple endings depending on if
    >> you saved Kreia or not? How do you do that?
    >>
    >> Secondly, what the hell happened to the stuff with GO-TO and Bao-Dur's
    >> remote? There was a scene where GO-TO paralyzes the remote and
    >> reveals that he won't let the remote trigger the explosion of Malachor
    >> V. Plus, if you ask Kreia about the future she says that you still
    >> have at least one journey to take with the remote. But the game ends
    >> immediately after the thing with Kreia... isn't there supposed to be
    >> something with GO-TO and the remote? Why all that setup otherwise?!
    >> Did they not have time to finish it and forgot to take out the bit
    >> with GOTO and the sensor remote?
    >>
    >> Confused.
    >>

    >I suffer from visions of the past.
    >
    >I see... the script for the original KotOR 2 ending.
    >
    >I see... one big-ass pair of scissors.
    >
    >I see... the script for the original KotOR 2 ending being CUT by those
    >big-ass scissors.
    >
    >And now I see... an online petition. ;)

    So I didn't miss something? Absolutely nothing happens with regard to
    GO-TO and the sensor remote? What is it doing in the game for, then?
    This is stupid.

    -David

    David Bilek wrote:
    > GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>David Bilek wrote:
    >>
    >>>As I said in another post, I finished playing through KOTOR2 despite
    >>>the terrible bugs. The ending has me wondering if I missed something.
    >>>No matter what I do, it ends immediately after Kreia collapses and I
    >>>get a scene of the Ebon Hawk flying away from an exploding Malachor V.
    >>>I thought there were supposed to be multiple endings depending on if
    >>>you saved Kreia or not? How do you do that?
    >>>
    >>>Secondly, what the hell happened to the stuff with GO-TO and Bao-Dur's
    >>>remote? There was a scene where GO-TO paralyzes the remote and
    >>>reveals that he won't let the remote trigger the explosion of Malachor
    >>>V. Plus, if you ask Kreia about the future she says that you still
    >>>have at least one journey to take with the remote. But the game ends
    >>>immediately after the thing with Kreia... isn't there supposed to be
    >>>something with GO-TO and the remote? Why all that setup otherwise?!
    >>>Did they not have time to finish it and forgot to take out the bit
    >>>with GOTO and the sensor remote?
    >>>
    >>>Confused.
    >>>

    >>I suffer from visions of the past.
    >>
    >>I see... the script for the original KotOR 2 ending.
    >>
    >>I see... one big-ass pair of scissors.
    >>
    >>I see... the script for the original KotOR 2 ending being CUT by those
    >>big-ass scissors.
    >>
    >>And now I see... an online petition. ;)
    >

    > So I didn't miss something? Absolutely nothing happens with regard to
    > GO-TO and the sensor remote? What is it doing in the game for, then?
    > This is stupid.
    >
    > -David

    I'll say it again:

    I see... the script for the original KotOR 2 ending being CUT by a pair
    of big-ass scissors (AND ONE VERY CLEVER GAMER DISCOVERING IT WAS INDEED
    CUT). Check the forums.

    GFree wrote:
    > David Bilek wrote:
    >
    >> GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    >>> I suffer from visions of the past.
    >>>
    >>> I see... the script for the original KotOR 2 ending.
    >>>
    >>> I see... one big-ass pair of scissors.
    >>>
    >>> I see... the script for the original KotOR 2 ending being CUT by
    >>> those big-ass scissors.
    >>>
    >>> And now I see... an online petition. ;)
    >>

    >> So I didn't miss something? Absolutely nothing happens with regard to
    >> GO-TO and the sensor remote? What is it doing in the game for, then?
    >> This is stupid.
    >>
    >> -David
    >

    > I'll say it again:
    >

    > I see... the script for the original KotOR 2 ending being CUT by a pair
    > of big-ass scissors (AND ONE VERY CLEVER GAMER DISCOVERING IT WAS INDEED
    > CUT). Check the forums.
    >
    > And now I see... an online petition.

    Oh, and in case my non-direct style is confusing, what I'm trying to say
    is that KotOR 2 had a larger ending, but for some reason it was cut.

    Stuff like GO-TO, the sensor remove, even the purpose for Mira walking
    around the place was supposedly covered, and it'd make sense the
    developers were going to finalise these issues, otherwise why did we see
    the start of them in the ending?

    As for why the full ending didn't eventuate, ask Obsidian.

    On 2005-02-22, David Bilek <dtbilek@comcast.net> wrote:
    > As I said in another post, I finished playing through KOTOR2 despite
    > the terrible bugs. The ending has me wondering if I missed something.
    > No matter what I do, it ends immediately after Kreia collapses and I
    > get a scene of the Ebon Hawk flying away from an exploding Malachor V.
    > I thought there were supposed to be multiple endings depending on if
    > you saved Kreia or not? How do you do that?

    Nope. See my thread about the on-line petition. The ending was
    cut short like that. No word from OE or LA on why. Players
    uncovered media files and scripts from the data files that show a
    much cooler ending where all your trained Jedi stand up for you
    and in some cases fight in between each other (if they are
    darkside I presume).

    > Secondly, what the hell happened to the stuff with GO-TO and Bao-Dur's
    > remote?

    Yes? What *did* happen? We'll wait and see if OE addresses
    this. Thus far they've been ignoring their own forums for KOTOR2
    since the PC release. They haven't made a single post and yet
    they do post on the NWN2 forums at Bioware. I think they just
    don't care but we'll see...

    David Bilek <dtbilek@comcast.net> writes:
    >Secondly, what the hell happened to the stuff with GO-TO and Bao-Dur's
    >remote? There was a scene where GO-TO paralyzes the remote and
    >reveals that he won't let the remote trigger the explosion of Malachor
    >V. Plus, if you ask Kreia about the future she says that you still
    >have at least one journey to take with the remote. But the game ends
    >immediately after the thing with Kreia... isn't there supposed to be
    >something with GO-TO and the remote? Why all that setup otherwise?!
    >Did they not have time to finish it and forgot to take out the bit
    >with GOTO and the sensor remote?

    Supposedly, according to what people have pulled from the game files,
    HK47 was supposed to come to the remote's rescue and vaporize G0-T0,
    allowing the remote to trigger the planet-destroyer. This was linked
    to the HK50 factory subplot that was yanked out of the game, and so
    it wouldn't have made any sense at all (not like the current one is
    better off). I really wish Obsidian had been given 6 more months to
    work on the game....

    --
    Chas Blackwell <Black Isis> CITES Systems Management Group
    <cblkwell@uiuc.edu>

    Chastity Blackwell wrote:
    > They could still do it, but I have the feeling
    > that the time and expense to do it would not be balanced by increased
    > sales. :/

    A smart developer would have realized by now (especially from watching
    Valve's experiences) that PR is a very important aspect of any business.
    If they do make a good patch that is well-received, it might persuade
    people who've vowed never to buy another Obsidian game again, to perhaps
    reconsider their position. This would help the developer in the future.

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:59:13 GMT, GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au>
    wrote:

    >Chastity Blackwell wrote:
    >> They could still do it, but I have the feeling
    >> that the time and expense to do it would not be balanced by increased
    >> sales. :/
    >>

    >A smart developer would have realized by now (especially from watching
    >Valve's experiences) that PR is a very important aspect of any business.
    >If they do make a good patch that is well-received, it might persuade
    >people who've vowed never to buy another Obsidian game again, to perhaps
    >reconsider their position. This would help the developer in the future.

    I was gonna buy this game, but the reports of bugs and nonsensical
    storyline has changed my mind.

    Lynley

    GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> writes:
    >Chastity Blackwell wrote:
    >> They could still do it, but I have the feeling
    >> that the time and expense to do it would not be balanced by increased
    >> sales. :/

    >A smart developer would have realized by now (especially from watching
    >Valve's experiences) that PR is a very important aspect of any business.
    >If they do make a good patch that is well-received, it might persuade
    >people who've vowed never to buy another Obsidian game again, to perhaps
    >reconsider their position. This would help the developer in the future.

    Perhaps, but Obsidian doesn't have a ton of money they can jut dip into
    and finish the game with -- after all, programmers, artists, and designers
    don't work for free, and in order to fix it all they would need to devote
    at least a month or two to getting everything done. While they might
    really want to do this, they have to eat too.

    --
    Chas Blackwell <Black Isis> CITES Systems Management Group
    <cblkwell@uiuc.edu>
    I don't even know what CITES stands
    for, so I don't speak for them.
    "As we were forged we shall return, perhaps some day. | VNV Nation,
    I will remember you and wonder who we were." | "Further"
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Lynley James wrote:
    > I was gonna buy this game, but the reports of bugs and nonsensical
    > storyline has changed my mind.

    Precisely the reason why I won't buy Vampire: Bloodlines.

PC gaming Video Games