Sign in with
Your question

Is lexmark X125 compatible with Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
February 19, 2010 1:14:16 AM

Hello,
Is LexMark X125 compatible with Windows 7?
a b $ Windows 7
February 19, 2010 1:18:47 AM

No. But if your hardware meets the requirements, you can download XP compatibility mode, and use the XP driver.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 19, 2010 1:18:47 AM

Check the Lexmark website for Windows 7 or Vista drivers. If you don't find any, you have your answer.
m
l
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 19, 2010 1:21:49 AM

aford10 said:
No. But if your hardware meets the requirements, you can download XP compatibility mode, and use the XP driver.

Windows XP Mode is for running legacy software, not hardware, that does not work under Windows 7.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 19, 2010 1:33:38 AM

I could be wrong on this one. I haven't personally tried this yet. From what I've read, I thought you could run the driver in XP mode. Wouldn't that then enable communication with the printer?
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 19, 2010 4:00:35 AM

aford10 said:
I could be wrong on this one. I haven't personally tried this yet. From what I've read, I thought you could run the driver in XP mode. Wouldn't that then enable communication with the printer?

Windows XP Mode is essentially a standalone virtual machine... just like other solutions such as VMware Workstation. The only difference is the level of surface integration with Windows 7. Deeper down though, it's still a sandboxed environment. If virtual machine solutions allowed things like driver integration with the host, you create the potential for some serious security issues.
m
l
!