Introducing the worlds most stupid user.......

RobD

Champion
We've just got this call on our fault logging system, and it's a classic....And this is exactly as it came in on the system!........

<b>Call Description: Overheating mouse.

Call Details: Mouse overheating. Dawn has swoped the mouse over and left the faulty mouse with a sticker on it nectxt to pc. Dawn would like an engineer to site to check pc, in case the fault is the pc (could be a fire hazard)</b>

And the best of it is, she works in our IT department.

Someone pass the razor blades...

svol

Champion
WTF?!? One the English is hardly understandable, two... an overheating mouse, better watercool that one.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek:

jheine

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
ROFLMAO!!

But it's thirsty. Someone get it a bowl of water.

Jarrett

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new"><b><font color=red>Join The THGC Music Project</font color=red></b></A>

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
That is some funny stuff dude lmao.....that is about as bad as what my company did....they hired a guy just out of school with a 2 year advertising degree to take over our IT desktop support...woah boy...I think I can handle it myself :smile:

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
and why is that stupid? i have seen a mouse over heat twice. one was a faulty mouse, the other was indeed the computer. too high voltage on the ps2 port i assume. i dont know about a fire hazzard but worth looking into.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

RobD

Champion
One of the guys in the office just went and had a look.
According to the user, all other mice when tried on this machine work OK, just this one. And in my 12 years experience, I've never heard of this fault.

It's been sat on my 2nd test machine next to my desk for most of the day, it ain't hot yet! Works a treat though!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
the mouse i had fail was a microsoft wheel mouse. both were but one cant be the falt of the mouse. something was wrong with that board.

svol

Champion
My mouse has a phase-change cooler so I can OC it and make it run faster under Q3.

BTW you really can OC the PS/2 port.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek:

RobD

Champion
I've seen a mouse cause problems for the keyboard, where on POST it gave <b>Keyboard failure. Press F1 to continue</b>.

That was a good one, took a while to figure.

svol

Champion
Ok I found the program, you can download it here: <A HREF="http://www.blog.com/files.htm" target="_new">http://www.blog.com/files.htm</A>

A quote from the one who told me about this program:
there is a prog called ps2plus that lets you up the sample rate of the ps2 port thus "overclocking" it. in the real world though it makes little diffrence. the mouse just moves a bit smother in windows.

Eefus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003
Just this last summer, I saw that same thing RobD...the keyboard failure thing. Definitely took a while.

<i>If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.</i>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
believe it or not, it tells you press f10 because it waiting for you to replace the keyboard. most keyboards will work once you plug them in after the computer is on. then you push f10 to boot.