V3 earpiece Volume increase?

Got a V3 a few months ago.

Yes, the ear piece is very low volume, even on the high setting.
And no, you cant see the face plate info in daylight.
Fine.

If there is noise, or room sounds, I cant hear when I use the phone.
Got the moto blue tooth ear piece thank you.

I have read some stuff here about increasing the ear speaker volume.
Tried goggle for V3 volume etc.
A lot of goobly gook ensued. Get this get that, etc.
None of the sites suggested have a how to section.
Even if you register and log on.

Is there a straight forward method I can find to make this, increase the
phone speaker volume, possible?
Or is it just find a louder phone, or suffer and learn how to split the
atom with a V3, like it or not.

There are lots of this and thats that involve a lot of reading about
things I dont really care about, un-branding, Seems, flexing, Hex
editing, firmware,etc but nothing straight an to the point.
What the hell do all these Flex upgrades do?
No telling from the sites.
Either you are in the club or spend half the night figuring it out.
Not a cheap phone by the way.....Boot camp for phone hacking is not my
idea of a reason to spend that much money.

I like the phone, just want it, the ear piece louder.
Dont care about everything that is possible, just want it louder.

The technical gymnastics are great.
Love the phone, could someone just point out a way to make it hearable
in a crowd without all the P2K, Cisco, Wizard of oz, time of the month,
download this and figure it out stuff?

How about a here is how you do it: I cant be the first one with this
issue. Just make it plain, Cingular Razr V3, needs to be louder when you
open the damn phone.

How do you do it guys?
A get this
B look for this
C change this
D check this
E enjoy.

No screen deals, unlocking, or phase shifting.
Poor guy, with nice phone, with too low volume, begging for simple help
here.

Gawd Damn.
11 answers Last reply
More about earpiece volume increase

    Robert,

    Thank you for stating the problem and request for the solution so suscintly.
    Maybe you will get the answer here and maybe you will not. Whatever
    happens, please do us all a favor; go to the Motorola website, and click
    the mobile phone, customer service link. Then give them your same complaint
    you posted here. In fact, why not do a cut and paste. Then come back and
    tell us what the "Motorola Response" is to a problem that many of us are
    encountering.

    Jimmy

    "RobertM" <robertm48@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Got a V3 a few months ago.
    >
    > Yes, the ear piece is very low volume, even on the high setting.
    > And no, you cant see the face plate info in daylight.
    > Fine.
    >
    > If there is noise, or room sounds, I cant hear when I use the phone.
    > Got the moto blue tooth ear piece thank you.
    >
    > I have read some stuff here about increasing the ear speaker volume.
    > Tried goggle for V3 volume etc.
    > A lot of goobly gook ensued. Get this get that, etc.
    > None of the sites suggested have a how to section.
    > Even if you register and log on.
    >
    > Is there a straight forward method I can find to make this, increase the
    > phone speaker volume, possible?
    > Or is it just find a louder phone, or suffer and learn how to split the
    > atom with a V3, like it or not.
    >
    > There are lots of this and thats that involve a lot of reading about
    > things I dont really care about, un-branding, Seems, flexing, Hex editing,
    > firmware,etc but nothing straight an to the point.
    > What the hell do all these Flex upgrades do?
    > No telling from the sites.
    > Either you are in the club or spend half the night figuring it out.
    > Not a cheap phone by the way.....Boot camp for phone hacking is not my
    > idea of a reason to spend that much money.
    >
    > I like the phone, just want it, the ear piece louder.
    > Dont care about everything that is possible, just want it louder.
    >
    > The technical gymnastics are great.
    > Love the phone, could someone just point out a way to make it hearable in
    > a crowd without all the P2K, Cisco, Wizard of oz, time of the month,
    > download this and figure it out stuff?
    >
    > How about a here is how you do it: I cant be the first one with this
    > issue. Just make it plain, Cingular Razr V3, needs to be louder when you
    > open the damn phone.
    >
    > How do you do it guys?
    > A get this
    > B look for this
    > C change this
    > D check this
    > E enjoy.
    >
    > No screen deals, unlocking, or phase shifting.
    > Poor guy, with nice phone, with too low volume, begging for simple help
    > here.
    >
    > Gawd Damn.

    I am with you man, none of this phone moding stuff makes sense to me. I
    would also like to bump the volume up on my V3 a bit. I find that the
    volume is fine for most uses, but I was at a party a few nights ago and
    with all the background noise it was fairly hard (but not impossible) to
    hear the caller. Then again my old phone was pretty much the same way,
    so I am used to going outside or finding a quiet duck off to talk on
    the phone when I am in a loud background noise situation.

    --
    smithdogg1

    you could have found it here with a simple search. Glad you got it
    working though. You can also do the same thing with motokit! Too bad
    you can't adjust the volume for a bt headset.

    --
    troyboy30

    Get what to connect? P2k or motokit? You need to install stuff in the
    proper order and make sure your computer is using the correct drivers.
    It's a hard thing to diagnose without more info. What os are you
    running? Do you have MPT installed? Is there anything in device
    manager that has a yellow ! or is in error? I'll dig up some post for
    you that will walk you through everything. I have noticed that anyone
    who started off with MPT already installed has never had any problems
    since it installs the correct drivers.

    --
    troyboy30

    here is some info from lords noob guide, should be a good starting point
    for ya.

    -2- wot programs to use and how to get the programs running

    here is a list of programs that i find useful for everything that i
    do:

    note: u use the usb cable to connect the phone with the pc with all of
    these programs. this might seem obvious to some, but, just in case.

    mobile phone tools (MPT): this is the program that i use to transfer
    mp3's, pictures, and to backup my phonebook. it contains essential
    drivers for other programs.

    product support tool (PST) (thx master.j for the definition): by
    installing pst, u also get multiflashflex (mff), which is the program
    that most of us use to flash/flex our phones. it also contains
    essential drivers for other programs.

    p2kmanager (p2kman): this is the program that i use to delete
    stock/locked files, download/upload seems, download/upload system files
    such as cl.gif, mma_ucp/dcp, gain_table etc.

    xvi32: this is the program that i use to edit seems

    p2kcommander (p2kcom): i use this program to create new
    directories/folders so that i can install new skins

    seemplayer: this is for me to edit my gain table. i don't use it to
    edit seems as i personally feel that in order to seem edit a phone in
    the most bug-free way is to do it manually, one by one, using xvi32,
    and then upload the edited seems using p2kman.

    motoskins: this program is useful for removing date/clock/operator
    display on the main screen.

    midway: this program is used for uploading java apps.

    Jadmaker: to create jad files so that java apps can be uploaded to
    phone.

    as to where u can download them:

    mpt: u can purchase mpt from the bvrp website

    pst: since it's against the forum rules to post any links to any warez,
    i am unable to give u a link as to where u can download pst. don't
    worry, it's not the end of the world. simply search for
    "pst_6.7_general.zip" on google and u should be able to find websites
    where u can download them. REMEMBER, u need to download the patch file
    as well, and patch pst 6.7 with that patch file (just unzip the patch
    file in the pst folder. The pst folder is typically located at
    c:/program files/motorola/pst).

    p2kman, p2kcom: u can get them at motomodder's p2k download section.
    for p2kman, get build 27.07.2004.

    one thing to note here. I highly recommend installing the programs in
    this particular order: mpt, pst, p2kman, then make sure that the phone
    works with all three of these programs, THEN install any other programs
    and they should theoratically work. a hint: IF during the installation
    of pst the computer asks u for drivers, unzip the p2kman zip file, and
    direct the computer to look for drivers in the p2kman's drivers
    folder.

    xvi32, seemplayer, jadmaker,: get them at motomodder's "other software"
    download section.

    motoskin: get it at motomodder's "skin/theme/color scheme creation
    software" download section.

    midway: same reason as with pst, i won't post a link (although i'm not
    too sure if midway's a warez, but just in case). simply search for
    "midway 2.8" on google and u'll find it.

    one more thing to note: most of these programs will NOT work unless ur
    pc's running on win xp. I know for a fact that some of them will not
    run on say win98SE (i tried). i have no knowledge of such programs
    running under mac's or linux's.

    here is the entire guide.

    http://tinyurl.com/7uz5x

    --
    troyboy30

    Here is the motokit thread if you want to try it. trust me its easier
    than editing the gain table. All you have to do is move the sliders.

    http://tinyurl.com/amlqd

    here is the thread for the new version of p2ktools

    http://tinyurl.com/8uayb

    here is pst

    http://tinyurl.com/cfxzf

    http://tinyurl.com/8uayb

    --
    troyboy30

    Thanks for the list in the other post. Gives me a few more things to
    try. I do have MPT installed and running fine. PST is installed but
    can't see the phone and P2KTools is installed and can't see the phone. I
    keep MPT off when trying the others. Nothing in Device Manager is
    alerted and the USB Modem shows installed and working fine.
    All ideas appreciated!

    From:troyboy30
    troyboy30.1s3l8y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > Get what to connect? P2k or motokit? You need to install stuff in
    > the proper order and make sure your computer is using the correct
    > drivers. It's a hard thing to diagnose without more info. What os
    > are you running? Do you have MPT installed? Is there anything in
    > device manager that has a yellow ! or is in error? I'll dig up some
    > post for you that will walk you through everything. I have noticed
    > that anyone who started off with MPT already installed has never had
    > any problems since it installs the correct drivers.
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30

    Thanks for those. I'll read them all!

    From:troyboy30
    troyboy30.1s3uyy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > Here is the motokit thread if you want to try it. trust me its easier
    > than editing the gain table. All you have to do is move the sliders.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/amlqd
    >
    > here is the thread for the new version of p2ktools
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/8uayb
    >
    > here is pst
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/cfxzf
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/8uayb
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30

    I just deleted all of the 7.1 sruff. I use pst 6.7. 6.7 works for
    most, 7.1 works for some. If you google long enough you will find the
    patch. Just unzip it in the pst folder.

    --
    troyboy30
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    The patch is posted to alt.binaries.cellphone.ringtones if anyone needs
    it. Supposed to work with all PST versions. I can only say it works with
    7.1.1.

    From:troyboy30
    troyboy30.1s4szz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > I just deleted all of the 7.1 sruff. I use pst 6.7. 6.7 works for
    > most, 7.1 works for some. If you google long enough you will find the
    > patch. Just unzip it in the pst folder.
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    thanks bruce

    --
    troyboy30

Motorola Phones