Might & Magic 6 Help! Stuck in Baa & Dragoon?

Hi,
I'm in Temple Baa and can't go any further because I don't have keys to
the doors. Also I can't figure out the huge room with the gong on a
table. I've cleared all of the monsters but if I go near the table the
gong it goes off(gongs) and hundreds of skeletons appear and rip my
team apart?

I'm also stuck in Dragoons'Caverns because I can't go any futher
without keys to the doors?
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Tucsonjim

Oh, one other question, if a party member is equipped with both a bow
and a sword, will he/she use the bow from a distance and the sword when
in close? I know that the bows stop working when the enemy gets close.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"tucsonjim" <jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm in Temple Baa and can't go any further because I don't have keys to
> the doors. Also I can't figure out the huge room with the gong on a
> table. I've cleared all of the monsters but if I go near the table the
> gong it goes off(gongs) and hundreds of skeletons appear and rip my
> team apart?
>
> I'm also stuck in Dragoons'Caverns because I can't go any futher
> without keys to the doors?
> Any help would be great.

Ah the big skeleton battle in the Temple of Baa... I beleive there is
exactly 100 skeletons that appear in the room.

What you can do here is grab the gong and then run... hugging the walls so
that not so many skeletons can become active and attack.

When you get back to the entrance of the room you can stand back and fight
the skeletons... only so many can squeeze through the doorway at a time and
once you start thinning the group near the door down you can start luring
them out a few at a time.

I'll include a spoiler here that'll help you fight the skeletons, but it
gives away a part of the temple too...

(spoiler space)

There is a secret door behind the altar with the gong on it... if you can
open it you can run to the corridor in the back and then get up to the
ledges in the room the skeletons appear in... this will let you pick of a
bunch of them from a distance (but the bulk of the skeletons in the middle
of the room won't become active and run up to the wall to attack you)

"tucsonjim" <jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm in Temple Baa and can't go any further because I don't have keys to
> the doors. Also I can't figure out the huge room with the gong on a
> table. I've cleared all of the monsters but if I go near the table the
> gong it goes off(gongs) and hundreds of skeletons appear and rip my
> team apart?
>
> I'm also stuck in Dragoons'Caverns because I can't go any futher
> without keys to the doors?
> Any help would be great.
> Thanks
> Tucsonjim
>
> Oh, one other question, if a party member is equipped with both a bow
> and a sword, will he/she use the bow from a distance and the sword when
> in close? I know that the bows stop working when the enemy gets close.

If I remember correctly, the keys are in the side passages (not the corner
ones) and you have to get them in a certain order. Some of the areas there
move or open, etc.

Hi Augustus,
Thanks for the help...geeze I never thought I would have to fight
100 skeletons...phew! If I can get the gong without fighting them,
then why fight them. For the challenge? The experience points? Or what?
Thanks again
Tucsonjim

Augustus wrote:
> "tucsonjim" <jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I'm in Temple Baa and can't go any further because I don't have
keys to
> > the doors. Also I can't figure out the huge room with the gong on a
> > table. I've cleared all of the monsters but if I go near the table
the
> > gong it goes off(gongs) and hundreds of skeletons appear and rip my
> > team apart?
> >
> > I'm also stuck in Dragoons'Caverns because I can't go any futher
> > without keys to the doors?
> > Any help would be great.
>
> Ah the big skeleton battle in the Temple of Baa... I beleive there is
> exactly 100 skeletons that appear in the room.
>
> What you can do here is grab the gong and then run... hugging the
walls so
> that not so many skeletons can become active and attack.
>
> When you get back to the entrance of the room you can stand back and
fight
> the skeletons... only so many can squeeze through the doorway at a
time and
> once you start thinning the group near the door down you can start
luring
> them out a few at a time.
>

> I'll include a spoiler here that'll help you fight the skeletons, but
it
> gives away a part of the temple too...
>
> (spoiler space)

> There is a secret door behind the altar with the gong on it... if you
can
> open it you can run to the corridor in the back and then get up to
the
> ledges in the room the skeletons appear in... this will let you pick
of a
> bunch of them from a distance (but the bulk of the skeletons in the
middle
> of the room won't become active and run up to the wall to attack you)

Alma,
Thanks for the tips, I'll see what happens.
Tucsonjim

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 25 Feb 2005 19:27:52 -0800, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, "tucsonjim"
<jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote:

>Oh, one other question, if a party member is equipped with both a bow
>and a sword, will he/she use the bow from a distance and the sword when
>in close? I know that the bows stop working when the enemy gets close.

Switching between melee and missile weapons is automatic; your party members
will use whichever is appropriate for the enemies' distance.

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

"Natural laws have no pity." R.A.H.

Thanks Nick. Does that include the use of magic?
Tucsonjim

> Hi Augustus,
> Thanks for the help...geeze I never thought I would have to fight
> 100 skeletons...phew! If I can get the gong without fighting them,
> then why fight them. For the challenge? The experience points? Or what?
> Thanks again
> Tucsonjim

Another approach is to run up onto the balcony and go to the left side
first. Then you can attack many of the skeletons from up there with bows or
spells. When you can't reach any more you can go back and skeletons will
appear in the corridor one or few at a time. Check everything as you go.
There is some hidden gold you can find by searching. I think you need the
keys to get into the rooms.
> Augustus wrote:
>> "tucsonjim" <jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I'm in Temple Baa and can't go any further because I don't have
> keys to
>> > the doors. Also I can't figure out the huge room with the gong on a
>> > table. I've cleared all of the monsters but if I go near the table
> the
>> > gong it goes off(gongs) and hundreds of skeletons appear and rip my
>> > team apart?
>> >
>> > I'm also stuck in Dragoons'Caverns because I can't go any futher
>> > without keys to the doors?
>> > Any help would be great.
>>
>> Ah the big skeleton battle in the Temple of Baa... I beleive there is
>> exactly 100 skeletons that appear in the room.
>>
>> What you can do here is grab the gong and then run... hugging the
> walls so
>> that not so many skeletons can become active and attack.
>>
>> When you get back to the entrance of the room you can stand back and
> fight
>> the skeletons... only so many can squeeze through the doorway at a
> time and
>> once you start thinning the group near the door down you can start
> luring
>> them out a few at a time.
>>

>> I'll include a spoiler here that'll help you fight the skeletons, but
> it
>> gives away a part of the temple too...
>>
>> (spoiler space)

>> There is a secret door behind the altar with the gong on it... if you
> can
>> open it you can run to the corridor in the back and then get up to
> the
>> ledges in the room the skeletons appear in... this will let you pick
> of a
>> bunch of them from a distance (but the bulk of the skeletons in the
> middle
>> of the room won't become active and run up to the wall to attack you)

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"tucsonjim" <jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote in message
> Hi Augustus,
> Thanks for the help...geeze I never thought I would have to fight
> 100 skeletons...phew! If I can get the gong without fighting them,
> then why fight them. For the challenge? The experience points? Or what?

For the challenge... It can be a tough battle to wade through early on and
can be a good way to test your party's mettle and see what kind of abuse
they can take.

For the experience... not too often in a 3D game would you see that many
foes coming at you at once.

For the experience points... Lots of XP in that room.

tucsonjim typed:
> Thanks Nick. Does that include the use of magic?
> Tucsonjim

No...
Hit 'S' on keyboard to cast your quick-Spell (Fireballs) etc.
Hit 'A' to Attack with melee /ranged-weapons.

Alternatively...
Left-click on target to Attack with melee /ranged-weapons.
*Ctrl*-left-click on target to cast quick-Spells.

- This works best when in turn-based mode, because you can
selectively take down the exact monster you want. Also note
that when you're fighting a group of monsters bunched together
(in melee), you can selectively left-click to attack the same
monster until dead, even if he falls behind the bunch; whereas
if you just hit 'A', the computer just decides on your behalf
to hit the closest monster- while the weak one escapes!

I only just finished M&M6 not long ago after playing it
(on-and-off) since it was released. Great game, one of my
favorites! :)

Also, while I'm here, beware that at least two dungeons in the
1.2 patch have bugs in them (software bugs, I mean ;>) that
make it impossible to finish the dungeon /quest. If I recall,
the Shadow Guild in Frozen Highlands is one place, and I'm not
sure about the second. To get around it, you need to backup
and replace the 1.2 exe with the 1.1 exe, finish the dungeon,
and then restore the 1.2 exe. (You can probably find the 1.1
exe on the net somewhere, if not, I have it...)

};> Matt v3.2 <:{
--
"This is the part of the conversation where I'm supposed to
bellow that I can eat lead and take out 100 men using only