Manufacturing Small Plant New Wireless issues

amish69

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Ok here is my question:) I'm doing a wireless setup for the first time on this large of a scale here at work. I purchased 4 access points.
I have my wireless router connected into the LAN. Out on the floor I have 2 of the access points on repeater mode and Wired into the LAN as well. Everything is working fine so far and both are on the same SSID with the same security.

Now I have 2 more to go and this is where I'm stuck. I have no LAN to connect these other 2 access point into and when I set them up as simple AP they don't seem to be working.

Can anybody please explain to me what I need to do - for these access points that are outside the range of the initial wireless connection but, inside the range of the APs setup as repeaters.

I'm not sure of your setup but an ideal setup would be to put the router in the middle of the area and the four Aps out towards the corners of the area so that each one would have contact with the router and the coverage would be extrended equally in all directions. Like if you had a square and the router is in the middle and you then made an X with each AP at the end of the X and the router in the moddle.
The way your setting it up you'll need to run wires.