MN 720 Freezes Compaq Evo N1020v

I run WinXP Pro on my Evo N1020V, and I am attempting to install
Microsoft MN-720 on this system. Upon inserting card into PCMCIA
slot, cursor freezes, system hangs; I then must power down and reboot.

Card is not defective, as this same result occurs when I attempt to
install a brand new card of identical make.

I have not been able to complete install of this product.
1 answer Last reply
More about freezes compaq n1020v

    Sounds more like you need to contact the support section for your computer
    system, Rick. If two different wireless networking adapters are resulting
    in the same error, they may have a hardware driver update for your system.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "Rick" <rickinlaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I run WinXP Pro on my Evo N1020V, and I am attempting to install
    > Microsoft MN-720 on this system. Upon inserting card into PCMCIA
    > slot, cursor freezes, system hangs; I then must power down and reboot.
    >
    > Card is not defective, as this same result occurs when I attempt to
    > install a brand new card of identical make.
    >
    > I have not been able to complete install of this product.

Routers Evo Compaq Microsoft Networking