V500 to V545 Phone Book transfer

Hi folks,

Anyone know how to transfer the phone book from a V500 to a V545 ?

Girl in Orange shop said I could do it over Bluetooth, but I can't even
get the phones to find each other. On one phone I go
settings/communication/bluetooth link/setup/find me and on the other I
go settings/connection/blutooth settings/hands-free/look for devices
but whichever way round I do it I get nothing. I did have the old V500
talking to a bluetooth headset a while ago so I know that works.

Manual is useless, it says you can pair your phone with 'other
devices'.

Do I have to upload the phonebook to another device then download it
to the new machine ?

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about v500 v545 phone book transfer

    You're not doing the proper steps. "I go settings/connection/blutooth
    settings/hands-free/look for devices but whichever way round I do it I get
    nothing. " That is only for headsets, hence the "hands-free" listing, you
    need to search for devices in the bluetooth object exchange screen instead

    On the v500, open your phonebook/contact list and press the center menu and
    look for the send option, choose that, then choose bluetooth. You should be
    able to figure out the rest from there. Just make sure when you search for
    devices from THAT screen that you choose the Find Me option on the new
    phone.

    "richard m" <richard@richardmoon.com> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Anyone know how to transfer the phone book from a V500 to a V545 ?
    >
    > Girl in Orange shop said I could do it over Bluetooth, but I can't even
    > get the phones to find each other. On one phone I go
    > settings/communication/bluetooth link/setup/find me and on the other I
    > go settings/connection/blutooth settings/hands-free/look for devices
    > but whichever way round I do it I get nothing. I did have the old V500
    > talking to a bluetooth headset a while ago so I know that works.
    >
    > Manual is useless, it says you can pair your phone with 'other
    > devices'.
    >
    > Do I have to upload the phonebook to another device then download it
    > to the new machine ?
    >
    > TIA

Motorola Phones Bluetooth Books