Problems with port forwarding

Moooooo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hello, I'm trying to set up a Minecraft server , but I seem to be doing something wrong when I try to port forward (I've had a Server before and it worked just fine with the same settings (this was before I got a new Motherboard and a CPU)).
After upgrading the CPU and the Motherboard The ports seem to no longer be forwarded. I also had format the HDD before I re-installed windows (could this have something to do with the problem?). So what should I do?

Moooooo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Well, all I did on the router was port forwarding, I found out my IP adress using sites like http://www.whatismyip.com/ .
And I for the server i opened the port 25565 which should be the default port for Minecraft

Moooooo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Oh, and this might help: I tried adding my IP after the "IP="on the server config file. And now when I try to run the server it says this: "[Warning] **** Failed to bind to port, the exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address JVM_bind , prehaps a server is already running on that port?" . So, does that mean I'm using the wrong IP?