Latest MMORPG Subscription Numbers...

Looks like WoW is on its way toward TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.

Meanwhile EQ2 is... well, lets just say it's not doing half bad.
Maybe 1/4 bad or so.

Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/

And for all the EQ2 and CoH fans who are going to whine about how WoW isn't
really any good, here's a link for you:
http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/pictures/stfu-big.png

--

Knight "I'm not really a Blizzard fanboi, I just play one on USENET" 37

meh..so what?
"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> Looks like WoW is on its way toward TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.
>
> Meanwhile EQ2 is... well, lets just say it's not doing half bad.
> Maybe 1/4 bad or so.
>
> Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/
>

> And for all the EQ2 and CoH fans who are going to whine about how WoW
isn't
> really any good, here's a link for you:
> http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/pictures/stfu-big.png
>

> --
>
> Knight "I'm not really a Blizzard fanboi, I just play one on USENET" 37

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-03-01, wolfing1@yahoo.com <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Let's see that chart in a month or two...

It's pieced together by press releases and dubious "insider"
sources. I don't believe its very accurate anymore.

nostromo

Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT, Anno
Domini:

>Looks like WoW is on its way toward TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.
>
>Meanwhile EQ2 is... well, lets just say it's not doing half bad.
>Maybe 1/4 bad or so.
>
>Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/

If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*

>And for all the EQ2 and CoH fans who are going to whine about how WoW isn't
>really any good, here's a link for you:
>http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/pictures/stfu-big.png

I'd rather be a wolf than a sheep any day mate! ;-p

Nostromo wrote:
> I'd rather be a wolf than a sheep any day mate! ;-p

Wouldn't you like to be part of the winning team? ;)

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:

> Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT,
> Anno Domini:
>
>>Looks like WoW is on its way toward TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.
>>
>>Meanwhile EQ2 is... well, lets just say it's not doing half bad.
>>Maybe 1/4 bad or so.
>>
>>Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/
>>
> If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
> share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*

They do. It's megapopular in Asia.

--

Knight37

In article <fcm721hl2fid1jr9o1j7k5tk97dsb6hk17@4ax.com>,
nostromo@spamfree.net.au says...
> Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT, Anno
> Domini:
>
> >Looks like WoW is on its way toward TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.
> >
> >Meanwhile EQ2 is... well, lets just say it's not doing half bad.
> >Maybe 1/4 bad or so.
> >
> >Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/
> >
> If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
> share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*

It's not the site's fault. It's the unscrupulous definition of
"account" that Lineage/Lineage 2 use. BTW, FF11 also counts individual
characters each as an "account" so you have people who purchase 1 copy
of the game and create 4 chars who are all of a sudden 4 accounts in
those numbers.

--
Rob Berryhill

> Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:
>
> > Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT,
> > Anno Domini:
> >
> >>Looks like WoW is on its way toward TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.
> >>
> >>Meanwhile EQ2 is... well, lets just say it's not doing half bad.
> >>Maybe 1/4 bad or so.
> >>
> >>Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/
> >>
> > If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
> > share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*
>
> They do. It's megapopular in Asia.

Damn, I've gotta start playing Lineage. I've got calculus with some of those
Asians, and they're *always* right.

Tom

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:
>
>> Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT,
>> Anno Domini:
>>
>>>Looks like WoW is on its way toward TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.
>>>
>>>Meanwhile EQ2 is... well, lets just say it's not doing half bad.
>>>Maybe 1/4 bad or so.
>>>
>>>Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/
>>>
>> If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
>> share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*
>
> They do. It's megapopular in Asia.

They have no taste or creativity, and are very homogenized, like a bee hive,
or a borg collective. The ubiquitous Honda Civic is a plague on this world.
And another thing...what the hell is Anime? Their concept of toons is
disturbing and creepy. That's all I have to say.

Rob Berryhill <rob_berryhill@hotmail.com> once tried to test me with:

> In article <fcm721hl2fid1jr9o1j7k5tk97dsb6hk17@4ax.com>,
> nostromo@spamfree.net.au says...
>> Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT, Anno
>> Domini:
>>
>> >Looks like WoW is on its way toward TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.
>> >
>> >Meanwhile EQ2 is... well, lets just say it's not doing half bad.
>> >Maybe 1/4 bad or so.
>> >
>> >Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/
>> >
>> If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
>> share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*
>
> It's not the site's fault. It's the unscrupulous definition of
> "account" that Lineage/Lineage 2 use. BTW, FF11 also counts individual
> characters each as an "account" so you have people who purchase 1 copy
> of the game and create 4 chars who are all of a sudden 4 accounts in
> those numbers.

I thought FF11 only let you play one character?

If not that game it was some other game. Whatever it was it was an
immediate turn-off for me.

--

Knight37

In article <Xns960BEFF6FD013knight37m@130.133.1.4>, knight37m@email.com
says...
> Rob Berryhill <rob_berryhill@hotmail.com> once tried to test me with:
>
> > In article <fcm721hl2fid1jr9o1j7k5tk97dsb6hk17@4ax.com>,
> > nostromo@spamfree.net.au says...
> >> Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT, Anno
> >> Domini:

> >> If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
> >> share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*
> >
> > It's not the site's fault. It's the unscrupulous definition of
> > "account" that Lineage/Lineage 2 use. BTW, FF11 also counts individual
> > characters each as an "account" so you have people who purchase 1 copy
> > of the game and create 4 chars who are all of a sudden 4 accounts in
> > those numbers.
>
> I thought FF11 only let you play one character?

You initially get 1 char, but you pay $1.99 for the an additional char.

--
Rob Berryhill

Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> writes:

> I thought FF11 only let you play one character?

You can buy extra character slots for an extra $1/month a piece.
Whether they end up on the same server as the one randomly selected
for your first: I don't know.

On 01 Mar 2005 11:22:27 +0100, Tor Iver Wilhelmsen wrote:

> Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> writes:
>
>> I thought FF11 only let you play one character?
>
> You can buy extra character slots for an extra $1/month a piece.
> Whether they end up on the same server as the one randomly selected
> for your first: I don't know.

Well I see their logic.. if you're paying more it *must* be a separate
account, right? <g>
--
RJB
3/1/2005 10:58:15 AM

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and
get used to the idea.
--Robert A. Heinlein

Knight37 wrote:

> Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:
>
> > Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT,
> > Anno Domini:
> >
> > > Looks like WoW is on its way toward TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.
> >>
> > > Meanwhile EQ2 is... well, lets just say it's not doing half bad.
> > > Maybe 1/4 bad or so.
> >>
> > > Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/
> > >
> > If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
> > share. ROFLMFAO! guffaw
>
> They do. It's megapopular in Asia.
<end quote>

actually, L2 is going to face a serious challenge:

http://rfonline.x2game.com/

"Aaaaah yourself!.....Uh, oh-o!"
-Serious 'Second Encounter' Sam-

nostromo

Thus spake "Tom Meyer" <fake@email.address>, Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:58:46 GMT,
Anno Domini:

>"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
>> Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:
>>
>> > Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT,
>> > Anno Domini:

>> > If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
>> > share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*
>>
>> They do. It's megapopular in Asia.
>
>Damn, I've gotta start playing Lineage. I've got calculus with some of those
>Asians, and they're *always* right.

LOL! I have one that works for me - wish I had half his brain, smartarse
little prick! >:)

nostromo

Thus spake Rob Berryhill <rob_berryhill@hotmail.com>, Mon, 28 Feb 2005
22:10:02 -0600, Anno Domini:

>In article <fcm721hl2fid1jr9o1j7k5tk97dsb6hk17@4ax.com>,
>nostromo@spamfree.net.au says...
>> Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT, Anno
>> Domini:
>>
>> >Looks like WoW is on its way toward TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.
>> >
>> >Meanwhile EQ2 is... well, lets just say it's not doing half bad.
>> >Maybe 1/4 bad or so.
>> >
>> >Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/
>> >
>> If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
>> share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*
>
>It's not the site's fault. It's the unscrupulous definition of
>"account" that Lineage/Lineage 2 use. BTW, FF11 also counts individual
>characters each as an "account" so you have people who purchase 1 copy
>of the game and create 4 chars who are all of a sudden 4 accounts in
>those numbers.

Aha! The dastardly plot is unveiled!

nostromo

Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 05:35:22 GMT, Anno
Domini:

>Rob Berryhill <rob_berryhill@hotmail.com> once tried to test me with:
>
>> In article <fcm721hl2fid1jr9o1j7k5tk97dsb6hk17@4ax.com>,
>> nostromo@spamfree.net.au says...
>>> Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, 1 Mar 2005 00:25:58 GMT, Anno
>>> Domini:

>>> If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
>>> share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*
>>
>> It's not the site's fault. It's the unscrupulous definition of
>> "account" that Lineage/Lineage 2 use. BTW, FF11 also counts individual
>> characters each as an "account" so you have people who purchase 1 copy
>> of the game and create 4 chars who are all of a sudden 4 accounts in
>> those numbers.
>
>I thought FF11 only let you play one character?
>
>If not that game it was some other game. Whatever it was it was an
>immediate turn-off for me.

What's the verdict on Lineage II anyway? Just had a look & it doesn't 'seem'
too bad (ahem). But those dickheads at PlayNC have yet again disabled online
purchase to anyone outside of the US (well, not to Aus anyway), even though
the mmorpg developer provides a direct d/l on their website. So I have to go
to the store to get a box I don't want just for the cd key. Ptoooiii!!!

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:40:56 +1100, Nostromo
<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>What's the verdict on Lineage II anyway? Just had a look & it doesn't 'seem'
>too bad (ahem). But those dickheads at PlayNC have yet again disabled online
>purchase to anyone outside of the US (well, not to Aus anyway), even though
>the mmorpg developer provides a direct d/l on their website. So I have to go
>to the store to get a box I don't want just for the cd key. Ptoooiii!!!

Well, you could always try the free private Lineage servers... :p

http://www.gamesites200.com/lineage2/

Actually, I've never played Lineage, private servers or real, so I
can't comment on the quality.

nostromo

Thus spake drocket <drocket@hotmail.com>, Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:53:17 GMT,
Anno Domini:

>On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:40:56 +1100, Nostromo
><nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>
>>What's the verdict on Lineage II anyway? Just had a look & it doesn't 'seem'
>>too bad (ahem). But those dickheads at PlayNC have yet again disabled online
>>purchase to anyone outside of the US (well, not to Aus anyway), even though
>>the mmorpg developer provides a direct d/l on their website. So I have to go
>>to the store to get a box I don't want just for the cd key. Ptoooiii!!!
>
>Well, you could always try the free private Lineage servers... :p
>
>http://www.gamesites200.com/lineage2/
>
>Actually, I've never played Lineage, private servers or real, so I
>can't comment on the quality.

Well I'll be...

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:16:28 +1100, Nostromo
<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>>Well, you could always try the free private Lineage servers.

>Well I'll be...

And Nostromo discovers a whole new world of free gaming... :p

nostromo

Thus spake drocket <drocket@hotmail.com>, Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:17:56 GMT,
Anno Domini:

>On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:16:28 +1100, Nostromo
><nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>
>>>Well, you could always try the free private Lineage servers.
>
>>Well I'll be...
>
>And Nostromo discovers a whole new world of free gaming... :p

Dude, I just discovered Lineage for the first time tonight lol!

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 13:57:31 +1100, Nostromo
<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>>Check it here: http://www.mmogchart.com/
>>
>If you believe that site, then Lineage 1/2 have over 50% of the market
>share. ROFLMFAO! *guffaw*

If you had read that site you would know how this number has come into
existance. And, yes, I believe it.

-Arnulf

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:10:02 -0600, Rob Berryhill
<rob_berryhill@hotmail.com> wrote:

>BTW, FF11 also counts individual
>characters each as an "account" so you have people who purchase 1 copy
>of the game and create 4 chars who are all of a sudden 4 accounts in
>those numbers.

No, it doesn't.

-Arnulf

>>>They do. It's megapopular in Asia.

>> Well, as I've attempted to point out before, Knight... popularity in

>> Asia has never resulted in commercial success.

>How can it *not* be a commercial success, unless like most products
over
>there it's a pirated version (kind of hard to play a pirated MMOG but
I've
>got a feeling it's been done). What is the difference if a product
made in
>Korea sells 500,000 copies in South Korea or if the product is made in
the
>US and sells the same number in the US. It *still* is selling 500k
copies.
>There may be some minor fluctuations in numbers going from Asia to the
US
>and vice versa, but the units sold is still the same (as is the
>profit/loss).

With Linage 1&2 you can get the client legally for free (via the
official NCSoft site) BUT there are numerous private servers you can
use, meaning NCSoft doesn't get a penny off you.

I'm also lead to believe few people in Korea actually own PCs most
use Internet cafes to play MMORPG. You don't buy the game as it already
on the PC. The few people you own PCs mainly use pirated software.