Restricted Area?

Just wondering what people thought of this game. Apparently it's coming
out in English later this year but it's been out in German for a while.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Just wondering what people thought of this game. Apparently it's coming
> out in English later this year but it's been out in German for a while.

It looks interesting, but I'm waiting for the English version. I know last
year's Kult was viewed as a 'Diablo 2 clone' which is what some say about
this, but Kult was rather interesting and had unique features that made it
worth playing. We'll see if this is the case with Restricted Area.

Mike

Michael Cecil wrote:

> Just wondering what people thought of this game. Apparently it's coming
> out in English later this year but it's been out in German for a while.

I haven't played it. But I've chatted with the guys on rpgcodex.com who
have played it. They claim it's basically Diablo with guns (real-time,
clickfest). Not a real in-depth plot, nor are there deep dialogue
trees. If I remember correctly, there was another weakness -- weak AI
or lousy loot, not sure. But I guess if you like the idea of a
Diablo-like game with guns, it might be pretty fine.

The one I'm looking forward to is Metalheart. That apparently is
turn-based, up to 6 in your party, interesting story. But it's been out
a while and still hasn't been translated to English. Bummer.

--
http://www.outshine.com/
http://www.respectthepublicdomain.org/