    sliders and click OK.

    From:blank
    blank@void.net

    > Well, I've read a lot of posts about how to hack a V3, and I don't
    > think I am up to the challenge.
    >
    > So my question is, are there mobile phone shops in Australis that will
    > do whatever they do to raise the volume level on my phone? It's
    > bloody hopeless, and I've just got it on a two year contract.

    are you implying that raising the volume on your own is not legal?

    --
    troyboy30

    Too bad a service center will not do this type of stuff for you. They
    will only do warranty repair work. They will sometimes do s/w updates
    if you are having trouble but there updates are a long ways from up to
    date. I was scared to death of upgrading my phone as well, but I ready
    everything I could until I got the nerve to try it. Once I flashed and
    flexed for the 1st time, I wondered what the big deal was. If you can
    apply driver updates to you computer then this is a breeze. If you read
    and read some more and backup your phone 1st, there is nothing you can
    do to make your phone a coaster.

    --
    troyboy30

    sorry, but with a title like 'Legal Way To Have Settings Changed?' what
    else should have have tried to understand? lol

    Bruce,

    I flashed the BL 1st, then flashed with a cingular MP, then reflashed
    with the new C3R. No there is not a 8.26 BL available yet.

    --
    troyboy30

    zero bugs and over 10m memory.

    --
    troyboy30

    I'll go out on a limb here and guess that he means doing it through an
    authorized dealer or service station so as not to void his warranty or
    risk ending up with a doorstop. I doubt he believes the police will
    knock down his door.
    I think that offering customization as a business might be a
    moneymaking sideline for cell shops. While I successfully changed the
    gain settings, I'm still hesitant to flash or flex my phone and even
    setting up P2KTools and Motokit took hours of reading and searching and
    were not exactly intuitive. I'd happily pay 20 or more bucks to be able
    to walk into a shop, check off the things I'd like done and pick up my
    phone later in the day. I appreciate that hacking can be fun and reap
    rewards but this isn't exactly hacking in the true sense of the term
    anyway.

    From:troyboy30
    troyboy30.1salbz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    BruceR wrote:

    > I'll go out on a limb here and guess that he means doing it through
    > an authorized dealer or service station so as not to void his
    > warranty or risk ending up with a doorstop. I doubt he believes the
    > police will knock down his door. I think that offering customization
    > as a business might be a moneymaking sideline for cell shops. While I
    > successfully changed the gain settings, I'm still hesitant to flash
    > or flex my phone and even setting up P2KTools and Motokit took hours
    > of reading and searching and were not exactly intuitive. I'd happily
    > pay 20 or more bucks to be able to walk into a shop, check off the
    > things I'd like done and pick up my phone later in the day. I
    > appreciate that hacking can be fun and reap rewards but this isn't
    > exactly hacking in the true sense of the term anyway.

    Yes, of course that is what I was looking for. Mr tryingboy30 wasn't
    trying very hard to understand what I wrote. But it seems from your
    reply, andthe dearth of responses, that such a service is not
    available. That is a pain in the posterior. Looks like I'm doomed
    never to hear my callers unless they SHOUT.

    Well, I think I'm about ready to do my first "reflash" to get the video
    recorder and the multi letter phone book search. Maybe you can help me
    with one outstanding question I haven't found a good answer for: Should
    the new bootloader be installed before or after flashing? Also, have
    you found a copy of the 8.26 bootloader? I can't find higher than 8.23
    (nor do I know if I really need 8.26).

    From:troyboy30
    troyboy30.1saphy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > Too bad a service center will not do this type of stuff for you. They
    > will only do warranty repair work. They will sometimes do s/w updates
    > if you are having trouble but there updates are a long ways from up to
    > date. I was scared to death of upgrading my phone as well, but I
    > ready everything I could until I got the nerve to try it. Once I
    > flashed and flexed for the 1st time, I wondered what the big deal
    > was. If you can apply driver updates to you computer then this is a
    > breeze. If you read and read some more and backup your phone 1st,
    > there is nothing you can do to make your phone a coaster.
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30

    Well, it really isn't that hard to adjust the gain although you will
    have to jump through a couple of hoops. First you need some software. If
    one were to scroll to the bottom of the list found at
    http://myskye.com/download/ one might find everything one needs in one
    convenient place. You need to install MPT first and reboot. Then install
    PST and let it install drivers from the P2K driver file. Then install
    P2KTools. Read the noob guide here:
    http://motomodders.net/Default.aspx?tabid=1&g=posts&t=2731
    Once you get all the pieces installed (which can't hurt your phone), the
    actual use of P2KTools to change the settings is anti-climactic. Takes a
    few seconds and it's done. Since you have a real need for the volume I
    think it's worth the effort and you have us to help bungle you through
    it. BTW, don't set the gain above 4 or 5 or it'll just be too distorted
    to be useful and could blow the speaker in the phone. Set at 5 I now
    keep the ringer turned down a bit unless I'm in a real noisy location.

    From:blank
    blank@void.net

    > BruceR wrote:
    >
    >> I'll go out on a limb here and guess that he means doing it through
    >> an authorized dealer or service station so as not to void his
    >> warranty or risk ending up with a doorstop. I doubt he believes the
    >> police will knock down his door. I think that offering customization
    >> as a business might be a moneymaking sideline for cell shops. While I
    >> successfully changed the gain settings, I'm still hesitant to flash
    >> or flex my phone and even setting up P2KTools and Motokit took hours
    >> of reading and searching and were not exactly intuitive. I'd happily
    >> pay 20 or more bucks to be able to walk into a shop, check off the
    >> things I'd like done and pick up my phone later in the day. I
    >> appreciate that hacking can be fun and reap rewards but this isn't
    >> exactly hacking in the true sense of the term anyway.
    >>
    > Yes, of course that is what I was looking for. Mr tryingboy30 wasn't
    > trying very hard to understand what I wrote. But it seems from your
    > reply, andthe dearth of responses, that such a service is not
    > available. That is a pain in the posterior. Looks like I'm doomed
    > never to hear my callers unless they SHOUT.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Thanks, I'll try BL 8.23 first then do the reflash. I understand that
    there's some seems to edit if I don't do the MP. After doing what you
    described did you have ANY problems whatsoever or did everything come up
    just fine?

    From:troyboy30
    troyboy30.1sato0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > sorry, but with a title like 'Legal Way To Have Settings Changed?'
    > what else should have have tried to understand? lol
    >
    > Bruce,
    >
    > I flashed the BL 1st, then flashed with a cingular MP, then reflashed
    > with the new C3R. No there is not a 8.26 BL available yet.
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Well, I took the leap and ran the flash. Restarted phone and had a dead
    keypad but then ran the Motx Keypad Fix Flex, which took all of 2
    seconds, and all is well. When I try to View Free Space, I just get
    "Label: Phone" instead of a number. Any ideas? Am I looking ijn the
    wrong place? I still have to edit the seems for the video camera.

    From:troyboy30
    troyboy30.1sb200@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > zero bugs and over 10m memory.
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    what software are you looking for? All of the p2ks, motokit and much
    more are in the d/l section of www.motomodders.net you have to sign up
    but it's free. far the flash/flex and MP's go to www.motox.us

    te keypad fix is down at the bottom of the page under bulletin board

    Bruce, you did figure out the memory problem?

    --
    troyboy30
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    please help me locate the software you mentioned. I did a google
    search and most of the links were dead or in another language, I need
    english by the way.

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:53:42 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    wrote:

    >If you use P2KTZools or Motokit it's very easy. You just move the
    >sliders and click OK.
    >
    >From:blank
    >blank@void.net
    >
    >> Well, I've read a lot of posts about how to hack a V3, and I don't
    >> think I am up to the challenge.
    >>
    >> So my question is, are there mobile phone shops in Australis that will
    >> do whatever they do to raise the volume level on my phone? It's
    >> bloody hopeless, and I've just got it on a two year contract.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 04:21:14 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    wrote:

    >Well, I think I'm about ready to do my first "reflash" to get the video
    >recorder and the multi letter phone book search.

    The new search facility is a great improvement. It was a glaring
    omission on such a modern phone.

    One word of advice. Download the keypad fix flex from the MotoX site
    before flashing, just in case. If your phone wouldn't accept input
    after flashing it's then a 30s job to fix it. It might well not affect
    you but better to be prepared.

    Al
    --
    [This space intentionally left blank]
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Good advice. I did indeed need the keypad flex which took just a few
    seconds. I also installed the new TMo "Flexlash" to change my phone from
    Cingular branding to TMo which went smoothly too. After that I had to
    reinstall all my contacts, pictures, ringtones and games but I had them
    all backed up and ready for that. The MotoKit backup did back everything
    up but gave an error message when I ran the restore wizard. The files
    were all there so I moved them manually. The final step was to run
    P2KTools to reset the gain table and a few other goodies just the way I
    want them. I now have a TMo branded v3 with video camera, phonebook
    search, loud volume and all the other stuff I wanted. My last step will
    be to now go out to both cars and repair the phone with the BT functions
    in the cars. Then I can go back to sleep!

    From:Alan Bremner
    alan@domain.invalid

    > On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 04:21:14 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Well, I think I'm about ready to do my first "reflash" to get the
    >> video recorder and the multi letter phone book search.
    >
    > The new search facility is a great improvement. It was a glaring
    > omission on such a modern phone.
    >
    > One word of advice. Download the keypad fix flex from the MotoX site
    > before flashing, just in case. If your phone wouldn't accept input
    > after flashing it's then a 30s job to fix it. It might well not affect
    > you but better to be prepared.
    >
    > Al
    > --
    > [This space intentionally left blank]
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    I've already posted this at least 3 times in the last 24 hours but here
    it is once more:
    http://myskye.com/download/
    Motokit can be found by just doing a google on it. When it's loaded it
    comes up in Chinese. Scroll to the third menu item from the left, click
    on the second one down and select English.

    From:prc2u
    prc2u@wi.rr.com

    > please help me locate the software you mentioned. I did a google
    > search and most of the links were dead or in another language, I need
    > english by the way.
    >
    > On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:53:42 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> If you use P2KTZools or Motokit it's very easy. You just move the
    >> sliders and click OK.
    >>
    >> From:blank
    >> blank@void.net
    >>
    >>> Well, I've read a lot of posts about how to hack a V3, and I don't
    >>> think I am up to the challenge.
    >>>
    >>> So my question is, are there mobile phone shops in Australis that
    >>> will do whatever they do to raise the volume level on my phone?
    >>> It's bloody hopeless, and I've just got it on a two year contract.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    I now have everything figured out except for one thing. I do not have a
    WebAccess/ Web Sessions item in any of my menus! My GPRS icon is gone
    too but TZones/TMo Web does work. Instead of the GPRS icon I have a
    little windo that opens along the top with a piece of globe and phone
    with moving dots to indicate data transmission. All works but I'd like
    to get the Meb Sessions menu back for when I travel and use another SIM.
    I'll be searching all the usual places tonight and will report if I find
    anything.

    From:troyboy30
    troyboy30.1scmxy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > what software are you looking for? All of the p2ks, motokit and much
    > more are in the d/l section of www.motomodders.net you have to sign
    > up but it's free. far the flash/flex and MP's go to www.motox.us
    >
    > te keypad fix is down at the bottom of the page under bulletin board
    >

    > Bruce, you did figure out the memory problem?
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Can Tmobile do this OTA from their site like Cingular blue? IF not search
    howardforums.com for Tmobile wap/ mms settings.
    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >I now have everything figured out except for one thing. I do not have a
    >WebAccess/ Web Sessions item in any of my menus! My GPRS icon is gone too
    >but TZones/TMo Web does work. Instead of the GPRS icon I have a little
    >windo that opens along the top with a piece of globe and phone with moving
    >dots to indicate data transmission. All works but I'd like to get the Meb
    >Sessions menu back for when I travel and use another SIM. I'll be searching
    >all the usual places tonight and will report if I find anything.
    >
    > From:troyboy30
    > troyboy30.1scmxy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net
    >
    >> what software are you looking for? All of the p2ks, motokit and much
    >> more are in the d/l section of www.motomodders.net you have to sign
    >> up but it's free. far the flash/flex and MP's go to www.motox.us
    >>
    >> te keypad fix is down at the bottom of the page under bulletin board
    >>

    >> Bruce, you did figure out the memory problem?
    >>

    >> --
    >> troyboy30
    >> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
    >> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181958.html

  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Yes, I can have settings sent from the web site, which I've done. All is
    working fine, it's just that the icon and menu item are not available.
    Not a big deal unless I'm traveling outside the US which I do about once
    a year.

    From:lun4tik
    lun4tik@verizon.net

    > Can Tmobile do this OTA from their site like Cingular blue? IF not
    > search howardforums.com for Tmobile wap/ mms settings.
    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >> I now have everything figured out except for one thing. I do not
    >> have a WebAccess/ Web Sessions item in any of my menus! My GPRS
    >> icon is gone too but TZones/TMo Web does work. Instead of the GPRS
    >> icon I have a little windo that opens along the top with a piece of
    >> globe and phone with moving dots to indicate data transmission. All
    >> works but I'd like to get the Meb Sessions menu back for when I
    >> travel and use another SIM. I'll be searching all the usual places
    >> tonight and will report if I find anything. From:troyboy30
    >> troyboy30.1scmxy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net
    >>
    >>> what software are you looking for? All of the p2ks, motokit and
    >>> much more are in the d/l section of www.motomodders.net you have
    >>> to sign up but it's free. far the flash/flex and MP's go to
    >>> www.motox.us te keypad fix is down at the bottom of the page under
    >>> bulletin board
    >>>

    >>> Bruce, you did figure out the memory problem?
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> troyboy30
    >>> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
    >>> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181958.html
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:27:17 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    wrote:

    >I now have everything figured out except for one thing. I do not have a
    >WebAccess/ Web Sessions item in any of my menus!

    See <http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?tabid=1&g=posts&t=6848>
    for possible solutions. I haven't had this problem myself but when I
    read your post I remembered that I'd read about the same thing earlier
    today. I'm obviously spending too much time at MotoModders..... <g>

    Al
    --
    [This space intentionally left blank]
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Actually, that's the thread I started last night. I've since found some
    seems edit that should fix it but I'm leaving for a vacation tonight and
    won't be able to fool with it for a few weeks.

    From:Alan Bremner
    alan@domain.invalid

    > On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:27:17 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I now have everything figured out except for one thing. I do not
    >> have a WebAccess/ Web Sessions item in any of my menus!
    >
    > See <http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?tabid=1&g=posts&t=6848>
    > for possible solutions. I haven't had this problem myself but when I
    > read your post I remembered that I'd read about the same thing earlier
    > today. I'm obviously spending too much time at MotoModders..... <g>
    >
    > Al
    > --
    > [This space intentionally left blank]
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:07:54 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    wrote:

    >When I try to View Free Space, I just get "Label: Phone" instead
    >of a number. Any ideas?

    Someone reported that reflashing with a more recent language pack
    fixed this problem.

    Al
    --
    [This space intentionally left blank]
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Yes, I saw that and reflashed the LP and it was solved.

    From:Alan Bremner
    alan@domain.invalid

    > On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:07:54 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> When I try to View Free Space, I just get "Label: Phone" instead
    >> of a number. Any ideas?
    >
    > Someone reported that reflashing with a more recent language pack
    > fixed this problem.
    >
    > Al
    > --
    > [This space intentionally left blank]
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:11:53 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    wrote:

    >Yes, I saw that and reflashed the LP and it was solved.

    Glad you sorted it out.

    Al
    --
    [This space intentionally left blank]
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:13:07 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    wrote:

    >Actually, that's the thread I started last night.

    Sorry, I didn't recognise you. :-)

    Al
    --
    [This space intentionally left blank]
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    I do appreciate the effort though! I forgot to say thank you :o)

    "Alan Bremner" <alan@domain.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:13:07 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Actually, that's the thread I started last night.
    >
    > Sorry, I didn't recognise you. :-)
    >
    > Al
    > --
    > [This space intentionally left blank]