Legal Way To Have Settings Changed?

Last response: in Brands
Share
July 16, 2005 2:08:03 PM

Well, I've read a lot of posts about how to hack a V3, and I don't
think I am up to the challenge.

So my question is, are there mobile phone shops in Australis that will
do whatever they do to raise the volume level on my phone? It's bloody
hopeless, and I've just got it on a two year contract.

More about : legal settings changed

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 11:53:42 PM

If you use P2KTZools or Motokit it's very easy. You just move the
sliders and click OK.

From:blank
blank@void.net

> Well, I've read a lot of posts about how to hack a V3, and I don't
> think I am up to the challenge.
>
> So my question is, are there mobile phone shops in Australis that will
> do whatever they do to raise the volume level on my phone? It's
> bloody hopeless, and I've just got it on a two year contract.
July 17, 2005 2:56:05 AM

Too bad a service center will not do this type of stuff for you. They
will only do warranty repair work. They will sometimes do s/w updates
if you are having trouble but there updates are a long ways from up to
date. I was scared to death of upgrading my phone as well, but I ready
everything I could until I got the nerve to try it. Once I flashed and
flexed for the 1st time, I wondered what the big deal was. If you can
apply driver updates to you computer then this is a breeze. If you read
and read some more and backup your phone 1st, there is nothing you can
do to make your phone a coaster.

--
troyboy30
July 17, 2005 4:20:25 AM

sorry, but with a title like 'Legal Way To Have Settings Changed?' what
else should have have tried to understand? lol

Bruce,

I flashed the BL 1st, then flashed with a cingular MP, then reflashed
with the new C3R. No there is not a 8.26 BL available yet.

--
troyboy30
July 17, 2005 7:18:14 AM

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that he means doing it through an
authorized dealer or service station so as not to void his warranty or
risk ending up with a doorstop. I doubt he believes the police will
knock down his door.
I think that offering customization as a business might be a
moneymaking sideline for cell shops. While I successfully changed the
gain settings, I'm still hesitant to flash or flex my phone and even
setting up P2KTools and Motokit took hours of reading and searching and
were not exactly intuitive. I'd happily pay 20 or more bucks to be able
to walk into a shop, check off the things I'd like done and pick up my
phone later in the day. I appreciate that hacking can be fun and reap
rewards but this isn't exactly hacking in the true sense of the term
anyway.

From:troyboy30
troyboy30.1salbz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

> are you implying that raising the volume on your own is not legal?
>

> --
> troyboy30
July 17, 2005 8:20:08 AM

BruceR wrote:

> I'll go out on a limb here and guess that he means doing it through
> an authorized dealer or service station so as not to void his
> warranty or risk ending up with a doorstop. I doubt he believes the
> police will knock down his door. I think that offering customization
> as a business might be a moneymaking sideline for cell shops. While I
> successfully changed the gain settings, I'm still hesitant to flash
> or flex my phone and even setting up P2KTools and Motokit took hours
> of reading and searching and were not exactly intuitive. I'd happily
> pay 20 or more bucks to be able to walk into a shop, check off the
> things I'd like done and pick up my phone later in the day. I
> appreciate that hacking can be fun and reap rewards but this isn't
> exactly hacking in the true sense of the term anyway.

Yes, of course that is what I was looking for. Mr tryingboy30 wasn't
trying very hard to understand what I wrote. But it seems from your
reply, andthe dearth of responses, that such a service is not
available. That is a pain in the posterior. Looks like I'm doomed
never to hear my callers unless they SHOUT.
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 8:21:14 AM

Well, I think I'm about ready to do my first "reflash" to get the video
recorder and the multi letter phone book search. Maybe you can help me
with one outstanding question I haven't found a good answer for: Should
the new bootloader be installed before or after flashing? Also, have
you found a copy of the 8.26 bootloader? I can't find higher than 8.23
(nor do I know if I really need 8.26).

From:troyboy30
troyboy30.1saphy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

> Too bad a service center will not do this type of stuff for you. They
> will only do warranty repair work. They will sometimes do s/w updates
> if you are having trouble but there updates are a long ways from up to
> date. I was scared to death of upgrading my phone as well, but I
> ready everything I could until I got the nerve to try it. Once I
> flashed and flexed for the 1st time, I wondered what the big deal
> was. If you can apply driver updates to you computer then this is a
> breeze. If you read and read some more and backup your phone 1st,
> there is nothing you can do to make your phone a coaster.
>

> --
> troyboy30
July 17, 2005 11:03:35 AM

Well, it really isn't that hard to adjust the gain although you will
have to jump through a couple of hoops. First you need some software. If
one were to scroll to the bottom of the list found at
http://myskye.com/download/ one might find everything one needs in one
convenient place. You need to install MPT first and reboot. Then install
PST and let it install drivers from the P2K driver file. Then install
P2KTools. Read the noob guide here:
http://motomodders.net/Default.aspx?tabid=1&g=posts&t=2...
Once you get all the pieces installed (which can't hurt your phone), the
actual use of P2KTools to change the settings is anti-climactic. Takes a
few seconds and it's done. Since you have a real need for the volume I
think it's worth the effort and you have us to help bungle you through
it. BTW, don't set the gain above 4 or 5 or it'll just be too distorted
to be useful and could blow the speaker in the phone. Set at 5 I now
keep the ringer turned down a bit unless I'm in a real noisy location.

From:blank
blank@void.net

> BruceR wrote:
>
>> I'll go out on a limb here and guess that he means doing it through
>> an authorized dealer or service station so as not to void his
>> warranty or risk ending up with a doorstop. I doubt he believes the
>> police will knock down his door. I think that offering customization
>> as a business might be a moneymaking sideline for cell shops. While I
>> successfully changed the gain settings, I'm still hesitant to flash
>> or flex my phone and even setting up P2KTools and Motokit took hours
>> of reading and searching and were not exactly intuitive. I'd happily
>> pay 20 or more bucks to be able to walk into a shop, check off the
>> things I'd like done and pick up my phone later in the day. I
>> appreciate that hacking can be fun and reap rewards but this isn't
>> exactly hacking in the true sense of the term anyway.
>>
> Yes, of course that is what I was looking for. Mr tryingboy30 wasn't
> trying very hard to understand what I wrote. But it seems from your
> reply, andthe dearth of responses, that such a service is not
> available. That is a pain in the posterior. Looks like I'm doomed
> never to hear my callers unless they SHOUT.
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 11:05:38 AM

Thanks, I'll try BL 8.23 first then do the reflash. I understand that
there's some seems to edit if I don't do the MP. After doing what you
described did you have ANY problems whatsoever or did everything come up
just fine?

From:troyboy30
troyboy30.1sato0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

> sorry, but with a title like 'Legal Way To Have Settings Changed?'
> what else should have have tried to understand? lol
>
> Bruce,
>
> I flashed the BL 1st, then flashed with a cingular MP, then reflashed
> with the new C3R. No there is not a 8.26 BL available yet.
>

> --
> troyboy30
July 17, 2005 3:07:54 PM

Well, I took the leap and ran the flash. Restarted phone and had a dead
keypad but then ran the Motx Keypad Fix Flex, which took all of 2
seconds, and all is well. When I try to View Free Space, I just get
"Label: Phone" instead of a number. Any ideas? Am I looking ijn the
wrong place? I still have to edit the seems for the video camera.

From:troyboy30
troyboy30.1sb200@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

> zero bugs and over 10m memory.
>

> --
> troyboy30
July 18, 2005 3:46:14 AM

what software are you looking for? All of the p2ks, motokit and much
more are in the d/l section of www.motomodders.net you have to sign up
but it's free. far the flash/flex and MP's go to www.motox.us

te keypad fix is down at the bottom of the page under bulletin board

Bruce, you did figure out the memory problem?

--
troyboy30
July 18, 2005 4:21:38 AM

please help me locate the software you mentioned. I did a google
search and most of the links were dead or in another language, I need
english by the way.

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:53:42 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>If you use P2KTZools or Motokit it's very easy. You just move the
>sliders and click OK.
>
>From:blank
>blank@void.net
>
>> Well, I've read a lot of posts about how to hack a V3, and I don't
>> think I am up to the challenge.
>>
>> So my question is, are there mobile phone shops in Australis that will
>> do whatever they do to raise the volume level on my phone? It's
>> bloody hopeless, and I've just got it on a two year contract.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:43:52 AM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 04:21:14 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>Well, I think I'm about ready to do my first "reflash" to get the video
>recorder and the multi letter phone book search.

The new search facility is a great improvement. It was a glaring
omission on such a modern phone.

One word of advice. Download the keypad fix flex from the MotoX site
before flashing, just in case. If your phone wouldn't accept input
after flashing it's then a 30s job to fix it. It might well not affect
you but better to be prepared.

Al
--
[This space intentionally left blank]
Anonymous

Good advice. I did indeed need the keypad flex which took just a few
seconds. I also installed the new TMo "Flexlash" to change my phone from
Cingular branding to TMo which went smoothly too. After that I had to
reinstall all my contacts, pictures, ringtones and games but I had them
all backed up and ready for that. The MotoKit backup did back everything
up but gave an error message when I ran the restore wizard. The files
were all there so I moved them manually. The final step was to run
P2KTools to reset the gain table and a few other goodies just the way I
want them. I now have a TMo branded v3 with video camera, phonebook
search, loud volume and all the other stuff I wanted. My last step will
be to now go out to both cars and repair the phone with the BT functions
in the cars. Then I can go back to sleep!

From:Alan Bremner
alan@domain.invalid

> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 04:21:14 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, I think I'm about ready to do my first "reflash" to get the
>> video recorder and the multi letter phone book search.
>
> The new search facility is a great improvement. It was a glaring
> omission on such a modern phone.
>
> One word of advice. Download the keypad fix flex from the MotoX site
> before flashing, just in case. If your phone wouldn't accept input
> after flashing it's then a 30s job to fix it. It might well not affect
> you but better to be prepared.
>
> Al
> --
> [This space intentionally left blank]
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:07:15 AM

I've already posted this at least 3 times in the last 24 hours but here
it is once more:
http://myskye.com/download/
Motokit can be found by just doing a google on it. When it's loaded it
comes up in Chinese. Scroll to the third menu item from the left, click
on the second one down and select English.

From:p rc2u
prc2u@wi.rr.com

> please help me locate the software you mentioned. I did a google
> search and most of the links were dead or in another language, I need
> english by the way.
>
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:53:42 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If you use P2KTZools or Motokit it's very easy. You just move the
>> sliders and click OK.
>>
>> From:blank
>> blank@void.net
>>
>>> Well, I've read a lot of posts about how to hack a V3, and I don't
>>> think I am up to the challenge.
>>>
>>> So my question is, are there mobile phone shops in Australis that
>>> will do whatever they do to raise the volume level on my phone?
>>> It's bloody hopeless, and I've just got it on a two year contract.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 9:27:17 AM

I now have everything figured out except for one thing. I do not have a
WebAccess/ Web Sessions item in any of my menus! My GPRS icon is gone
too but TZones/TMo Web does work. Instead of the GPRS icon I have a
little windo that opens along the top with a piece of globe and phone
with moving dots to indicate data transmission. All works but I'd like
to get the Meb Sessions menu back for when I travel and use another SIM.
I'll be searching all the usual places tonight and will report if I find
anything.

From:troyboy30
troyboy30.1scmxy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

> what software are you looking for? All of the p2ks, motokit and much
> more are in the d/l section of www.motomodders.net you have to sign
> up but it's free. far the flash/flex and MP's go to www.motox.us
>
> te keypad fix is down at the bottom of the page under bulletin board
>

> Bruce, you did figure out the memory problem?
>

> --
> troyboy30
July 18, 2005 7:20:42 PM

Can Tmobile do this OTA from their site like Cingular blue? IF not search
howardforums.com for Tmobile wap/ mms settings.
"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>I now have everything figured out except for one thing. I do not have a
>WebAccess/ Web Sessions item in any of my menus! My GPRS icon is gone too
>but TZones/TMo Web does work. Instead of the GPRS icon I have a little
>windo that opens along the top with a piece of globe and phone with moving
>dots to indicate data transmission. All works but I'd like to get the Meb
>Sessions menu back for when I travel and use another SIM. I'll be searching
>all the usual places tonight and will report if I find anything.
>
> From:troyboy30
> troyboy30.1scmxy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net
>
>> what software are you looking for? All of the p2ks, motokit and much
>> more are in the d/l section of www.motomodders.net you have to sign
>> up but it's free. far the flash/flex and MP's go to www.motox.us
>>
>> te keypad fix is down at the bottom of the page under bulletin board
>>

>> Bruce, you did figure out the memory problem?
>>

>> --
>> troyboy30
>> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
>> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181958.html

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:18:02 AM

Yes, I can have settings sent from the web site, which I've done. All is
working fine, it's just that the icon and menu item are not available.
Not a big deal unless I'm traveling outside the US which I do about once
a year.

From:lun4tik
lun4tik@verizon.net

> Can Tmobile do this OTA from their site like Cingular blue? IF not
> search howardforums.com for Tmobile wap/ mms settings.
> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>> I now have everything figured out except for one thing. I do not
>> have a WebAccess/ Web Sessions item in any of my menus! My GPRS
>> icon is gone too but TZones/TMo Web does work. Instead of the GPRS
>> icon I have a little windo that opens along the top with a piece of
>> globe and phone with moving dots to indicate data transmission. All
>> works but I'd like to get the Meb Sessions menu back for when I
>> travel and use another SIM. I'll be searching all the usual places
>> tonight and will report if I find anything. From:troyboy30
>> troyboy30.1scmxy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net
>>
>>> what software are you looking for? All of the p2ks, motokit and
>>> much more are in the d/l section of www.motomodders.net you have
>>> to sign up but it's free. far the flash/flex and MP's go to
>>> www.motox.us te keypad fix is down at the bottom of the page under
>>> bulletin board
>>>

>>> Bruce, you did figure out the memory problem?
>>>

>>> --
>>> troyboy30
>>> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
>>> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181958.html
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:44:49 AM

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:27:17 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>I now have everything figured out except for one thing. I do not have a
>WebAccess/ Web Sessions item in any of my menus!

See <http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?tabid=1&g=posts...;
for possible solutions. I haven't had this problem myself but when I
read your post I remembered that I'd read about the same thing earlier
today. I'm obviously spending too much time at MotoModders..... <g>

Al
--
[This space intentionally left blank]
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:44:50 AM

Actually, that's the thread I started last night. I've since found some
seems edit that should fix it but I'm leaving for a vacation tonight and
won't be able to fool with it for a few weeks.

From:Alan Bremner
alan@domain.invalid

> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:27:17 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I now have everything figured out except for one thing. I do not
>> have a WebAccess/ Web Sessions item in any of my menus!
>
> See <http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?tabid=1&g=posts...;
> for possible solutions. I haven't had this problem myself but when I
> read your post I remembered that I'd read about the same thing earlier
> today. I'm obviously spending too much time at MotoModders..... <g>
>
> Al
> --
> [This space intentionally left blank]
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 3:02:43 AM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:07:54 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>When I try to View Free Space, I just get "Label: Phone" instead
>of a number. Any ideas?

Someone reported that reflashing with a more recent language pack
fixed this problem.

Al
--
[This space intentionally left blank]
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 3:02:44 AM

Yes, I saw that and reflashed the LP and it was solved.

From:Alan Bremner
alan@domain.invalid

> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:07:54 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
> wrote:
>
>> When I try to View Free Space, I just get "Label: Phone" instead
>> of a number. Any ideas?
>
> Someone reported that reflashing with a more recent language pack
> fixed this problem.
>
> Al
> --
> [This space intentionally left blank]
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 3:34:42 PM

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:11:53 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>Yes, I saw that and reflashed the LP and it was solved.

Glad you sorted it out.

Al
--
[This space intentionally left blank]
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 3:36:46 PM

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:13:07 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>Actually, that's the thread I started last night.

Sorry, I didn't recognise you. :-)

Al
--
[This space intentionally left blank]
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 7:25:22 PM

I do appreciate the effort though! I forgot to say thank you :o )

!