Business level wireless router brands

Solution
Hey danyl1967, one thing that I didn't mention in your other thread on wireless planning is that your router/wireless controller should support AP load balancing with the number of clients that you anticipate.

If a school bus unloads and one AP suddenly goes from 10 to 40 users without any load balancing the results will be poor. Load balancing will automatically force a number of connections that exceeds your desired number to a secondary WAP. (Google wireless AP load balancing and you will get a good handle on the issues).

Also, not that you need to buy Cisco, but if you have a local Cisco dealer, you might get them out there to give you advice and an estimate on the cost (at least using Cisco) of a reasonable solution for your...

RealBeast

Titan
Hey danyl1967, one thing that I didn't mention in your other thread on wireless planning is that your router/wireless controller should support AP load balancing with the number of clients that you anticipate.

If a school bus unloads and one AP suddenly goes from 10 to 40 users without any load balancing the results will be poor. Load balancing will automatically force a number of connections that exceeds your desired number to a secondary WAP. (Google wireless AP load balancing and you will get a good handle on the issues).

Also, not that you need to buy Cisco, but if you have a local Cisco dealer, you might get them out there to give you advice and an estimate on the cost (at least using Cisco) of a reasonable solution for your wireless network.

Solution

danyl1967

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Thanks for all the info. Also I do remember know how to spread more than 3 ap's, you have to stagger the channels. That's what you get with little sleep and to much work load.

Anyways thanks for all the help.