Put Winbloze (Seven) on a separate partition?

keto6789

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Hi.

Every once in a while I like to reinstall Windows (7) to keep if running in tip-top shape. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to put Windoze on a separate partition so you don't hoze all your installed programs? Or is it better to leave it so that you DO HOZE all the programs you weren't using for months anyways and just reinstall the ones you need or use?

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
yup, any programs you have installed will have to be installed again after a reload of windows (no matter what partittion / install directory structure you use)

as the when programs get installed they create alot of links, registry entries & other changes to the windows OS it's self.

the main advantage of having multiple partitions is having 1 partition (C drive) for windows and programs then having a 2nd partition (D drive) as data storage. e.g. pics, documents & etc.

that way when you reload your OS you dont need to backup & restore you data every time, but you still have to reinstall ur programs.

The correct way to do this is to install windows 7 on its own partition, do all your setup/updates/activation and base program installs, then take an image. Media should be on a seperate partition. if you need to reinstall windows 7 for an actual reason or just "for performance " you just back up the few data files that are new/changed and restore the image

keto6789

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011

Well, I'm more fond of Linux and open source, so I call it Winbloze as do a lot of people. I have a love, hate relationship with "Windows".