Need More Volume

I found this forum only a moment ago. I just bought a Razr V3; and like it
so far but since I am quite hearing impaired (I was head gunshot in a bank
robbery); I really need to increase the volume in all aspects. From what I've
briefly read, it may be possible to do this, using various software programs
and a USB (or maybe Bluetooth) connection. I'd like to know the easiest,
fastest, and most affordable way to do this. I'd like to download freeware
(or trial ware) if possible; and if multiple programs are necessary, what
order they should be installed in. I'm using Windows XP Pro sp2. I have
two Bluetooth headsets and a corded headset and if all could give me more
volume I'd be a happy camper. I don't want to damage the phone so please
let me know the max settings I can get away with.

Can you give me links to help me out? Any advice will be highly
appreciated. If you can't post this stuff on this forum, please send it to
my email address.

Mucho thanks in advance.

razrStan

razrStan@s-l-o.com
5 answers Last reply
More about need volume

    Spend a little time at HowardForums.com and you'll find links to
    everything you need. After doing that, ask whatever you need to "fill in
    the blanks."

    From:stanfordlynx
    stanfordlynx@Charter.net

    > I found this forum only a moment ago. I just bought a Razr V3; and
    > like it so far but since I am quite hearing impaired (I was head
    > gunshot in a bank robbery); I really need to increase the volume in
    > all aspects. From what I've briefly read, it may be possible to do
    > this, using various software programs and a USB (or maybe Bluetooth)
    > connection. I'd like to know the easiest, fastest, and most
    > affordable way to do this. I'd like to download freeware (or trial
    > ware) if possible; and if multiple programs are necessary, what order
    > they should be installed in. I'm using Windows XP Pro sp2. I have
    > two Bluetooth headsets and a corded headset and if all could give me
    > more volume I'd be a happy camper. I don't want to damage the phone
    > so please let me know the max settings I can get away with.
    >

    > Can you give me links to help me out? Any advice will be highly
    > appreciated. If you can't post this stuff on this forum, please send
    > it to my email address.
    >
    > Mucho thanks in advance.
    >
    > razrStan
    >
    > razrStan@s-l-o.com

    While ur there, do a member search for xlr8
    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > Spend a little time at HowardForums.com and you'll find links to
    > everything you need. After doing that, ask whatever you need to "fill in
    > the blanks."
    >
    > From:stanfordlynx
    > stanfordlynx@Charter.net
    >
    >> I found this forum only a moment ago. I just bought a Razr V3; and
    >> like it so far but since I am quite hearing impaired (I was head
    >> gunshot in a bank robbery); I really need to increase the volume in
    >> all aspects. From what I've briefly read, it may be possible to do
    >> this, using various software programs and a USB (or maybe Bluetooth)
    >> connection. I'd like to know the easiest, fastest, and most
    >> affordable way to do this. I'd like to download freeware (or trial
    >> ware) if possible; and if multiple programs are necessary, what order
    >> they should be installed in. I'm using Windows XP Pro sp2. I have two
    >> Bluetooth headsets and a corded headset and if all could give me
    >> more volume I'd be a happy camper. I don't want to damage the phone
    >> so please let me know the max settings I can get away with.
    >>

    >> Can you give me links to help me out? Any advice will be highly
    >> appreciated. If you can't post this stuff on this forum, please send
    >> it to my email address.
    >>
    >> Mucho thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> razrStan
    >>
    >> razrStan@s-l-o.com

    Thanks to both of you for the replies. I spent hours trying to find some of
    this software, ended up buying and downloading Moto Mobile Phone Tools from
    Motorola, and installing it. It's pretty great, I synced my address books
    and deleted images I didn't want and transferred pictures of my girlfriend
    and other contacts to the phone.

    Now I really NEED to increase my volume settings. I downloaded the Chinese
    MotoKit v1.06 (is there no full English version yet?); installed it but it
    won't recognize the razr. How can I get it to do that? Also, I guess I'd
    like to download PST (?) What is it for? I can't yet find out where to go
    for it. All the tweaking of the Razr seems interesting and fun but I really
    NEED to increase the volume settings, for the earpiece, tones and speaker
    settings.

    Please tell me where to download PST and anything else you think might be of
    interest and help, if you don't want to post that stuff on the forum please
    send it to my email address. This all is a whole new world for me, it's
    pretty cool.

    I also want to find a wired two ear headset to back up my Bluetooth units,
    two ears are sometimes much better that just one for me.

    Thanks for all your good help.
    StanfordLYNX
    RazrStan@s-l-o.com

    "CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > While ur there, do a member search for xlr8
    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >> Spend a little time at HowardForums.com and you'll find links to
    >> everything you need. After doing that, ask whatever you need to "fill in
    >> the blanks."
    >>
    >> From:stanfordlynx
    >> stanfordlynx@Charter.net
    >>> I found this forum only a moment ago. I just bought a Razr V3; and
    >>> like it so far but since I am quite hearing impaired (I was head
    >>> gunshot in a bank robbery); I really need to increase the volume in
    >>> all aspects. From what I've briefly read, it may be possible to do
    >>> this, using various software programs and a USB (or maybe Bluetooth)
    >>> connection. I'd like to know the easiest, fastest, and most
    >>> affordable way to do this. I'd like to download freeware (or trial
    >>> ware) if possible; and if multiple programs are necessary, what order
    >>> they should be installed in. I'm using Windows XP Pro sp2. I have two
    >>> Bluetooth headsets and a corded headset and if all could give me
    >>> more volume I'd be a happy camper. I don't want to damage the phone
    >>> so please let me know the max settings I can get away with.
    >>> Can you give me links to help me out? Any advice will be highly
    >>> appreciated. If you can't post this stuff on this forum, please send
    >>> it to my email address.
    >>> Mucho thanks in advance.
    >>> razrStan
    >>> razrStan@s-l-o.com

    The Motokit 1.06 English version is in your hands. Open MotoKit and
    click on the third menu item from the left in the menu bar. Now click on
    the second item down and select the first item. BINGO! Now everything is
    in English! Another good program for setting the volume is P2KTools.
    Get it at http://myskye.com/download/

    In order for either of these programs to find your phone you have to
    install and run PST. You'll need to install PST then run the patch from
    within that directory. Once you've got it all loaded you can close it
    and open the MotoKit or P2KTools program.

    From:stanfordlynx
    stanfordlynx@Charter.net

    > Thanks to both of you for the replies. I spent hours trying to find
    > some of this software, ended up buying and downloading Moto Mobile
    > Phone Tools from Motorola, and installing it. It's pretty great, I
    > synced my address books and deleted images I didn't want and
    > transferred pictures of my girlfriend and other contacts to the phone.
    >
    > Now I really NEED to increase my volume settings. I downloaded the
    > Chinese MotoKit v1.06 (is there no full English version yet?);
    > installed it but it won't recognize the razr. How can I get it to do
    > that? Also, I guess I'd like to download PST (?) What is it for? I
    > can't yet find out where to go for it. All the tweaking of the Razr
    > seems interesting and fun but I really NEED to increase the volume
    > settings, for the earpiece, tones and speaker settings.
    >
    > Please tell me where to download PST and anything else you think
    > might be of interest and help, if you don't want to post that stuff
    > on the forum please send it to my email address. This all is a whole
    > new world for me, it's pretty cool.
    >
    > I also want to find a wired two ear headset to back up my Bluetooth
    > units, two ears are sometimes much better that just one for me.
    >

    > Thanks for all your good help.
    > StanfordLYNX
    > RazrStan@s-l-o.com
    >
    > ========================================================================================
    > "CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >> While ur there, do a member search for xlr8
    >> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >>> Spend a little time at HowardForums.com and you'll find links to
    >>> everything you need. After doing that, ask whatever you need to
    >>> "fill in the blanks."
    >>>
    >>> From:stanfordlynx
    >>> stanfordlynx@Charter.net

    More info. At http://myskye.com/download/ you can d/l PST723 as a zip
    file and it also contains the patch file. Also d/l the P2K_drivers.zip
    file.

    From:stanfordlynx
    stanfordlynx@Charter.net

    > Thanks to both of you for the replies. I spent hours trying to find
    > some of this software, ended up buying and downloading Moto Mobile
    > Phone Tools from Motorola, and installing it. It's pretty great, I
    > synced my address books and deleted images I didn't want and
    > transferred pictures of my girlfriend and other contacts to the phone.
    >
    > Now I really NEED to increase my volume settings. I downloaded the
    > Chinese MotoKit v1.06 (is there no full English version yet?);
    > installed it but it won't recognize the razr. How can I get it to do
    > that? Also, I guess I'd like to download PST (?) What is it for? I
    > can't yet find out where to go for it. All the tweaking of the Razr
    > seems interesting and fun but I really NEED to increase the volume
    > settings, for the earpiece, tones and speaker settings.
    >
    > Please tell me where to download PST and anything else you think
    > might be of interest and help, if you don't want to post that stuff
    > on the forum please send it to my email address. This all is a whole
    > new world for me, it's pretty cool.
    >
    > I also want to find a wired two ear headset to back up my Bluetooth
    > units, two ears are sometimes much better that just one for me.
    >

    > Thanks for all your good help.
    > StanfordLYNX
    > RazrStan@s-l-o.com

    > "CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >> While ur there, do a member search for xlr8
    >> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >>> Spend a little time at HowardForums.com and you'll find links to
    >>> everything you need. After doing that, ask whatever you need to
    >>> "fill in the blanks."
    >>>
    >>> From:stanfordlynx
    >>> stanfordlynx@Charter.net

Motorola