V551 Not detectable via Moto Phone Tools but available on ..

Last response: in Brands
Share
July 17, 2005 8:46:00 AM

I just got the X-Micro bluetooth dongle. The software detects the 551
but not Moto Phone Tools. I am running XP SP2.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
July 17, 2005 9:24:13 PM

"Zulu" <boogienights@boogie.com> wrote in news:colCe.1967792$Xk.820792
@pd7tw3no:

> I just got the X-Micro bluetooth dongle. The software detects the 551
> but not Moto Phone Tools. I am running XP SP2.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks

I had the same problem with a Xtera dongle. It seems the two drivers do
no get along. I had the bluetooth running great on the PC, when I
installed Moto software it killed the Bluetooth stack. I had to do a
system restore to get the blue tooth back, which was more important for
me. I put the MPT on another computer.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 11:05:03 AM

Zulu <boogienights@boogie.com> wrote:
> I just got the X-Micro bluetooth dongle. The software detects the 551
> but not Moto Phone Tools. I am running XP SP2.

My DLink DBT-120 needed a newer Widcomm driver, and some adjustments to get
the automatically-installed WinXP-SP2 out of the way.
http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2146

There is also a Mobile Phone Tools page about Bluetooth connections.
http://support.bvrp.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=234

--
---