V551 Not detectable via Moto Phone Tools but available on ..

I just got the X-Micro bluetooth dongle. The software detects the 551
but not Moto Phone Tools. I am running XP SP2.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about v551 detectable moto phone tools

    "Zulu" <boogienights@boogie.com> wrote in news:colCe.1967792$Xk.820792
    @pd7tw3no:

    > I just got the X-Micro bluetooth dongle. The software detects the 551
    > but not Moto Phone Tools. I am running XP SP2.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    I had the same problem with a Xtera dongle. It seems the two drivers do
    no get along. I had the bluetooth running great on the PC, when I
    installed Moto software it killed the Bluetooth stack. I had to do a
    system restore to get the blue tooth back, which was more important for
    me. I put the MPT on another computer.

    Zulu <boogienights@boogie.com> wrote:
    > I just got the X-Micro bluetooth dongle. The software detects the 551
    > but not Moto Phone Tools. I am running XP SP2.

    My DLink DBT-120 needed a newer Widcomm driver, and some adjustments to get
    the automatically-installed WinXP-SP2 out of the way.
    http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2146

    There is also a Mobile Phone Tools page about Bluetooth connections.
    http://support.bvrp.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=234

    --
    ---

Motorola Phones Windows XP Bluetooth Software