Contacted Motorola about V3

Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they can make
to or complaints about the phone? That company has a heritage of attempting
zero fault products and a long term ground breaking track record with their
communication products. Since we are all out here using the phone in
different parts of the world, we are a real life test bed with real life
feedback on how to make the V3 even better.

I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software ideas,
connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would like it to be,
maybe how to get there too and give constructive feedback.

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source/

Jimmy
15 answers Last reply
More about contacted motorola

    As your somewhat useless link proves, they don't actually WANT feedback
    - you have to telephone, rather than email, and wait on interminable
    hold to speak to a person about your "new ideas for FUTURE
    products"????? What about user feedback on existing ones?

    I love my V3 but I HATE that the phonebook doesn't hold addresses and
    the calendar doesn't hold notes. These features are so much more
    important to me than grainy pictures or (idiodic) video capture.
    They're also standard on other manufacturers' phones. If Motorola
    really wanted feedback they'd be monitoring and contributing to this
    newsgroup.

    Or maybe they'd just host their own user forums (ala Apple, the old AT&T
    Wireless, etc.)

    Jimmy Smith wrote:

    > Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they
    > can make to or complaints about the phone? That company has a
    > heritage of attempting zero fault products and a long term ground
    > breaking track record with their communication products. Since we
    > are all out here using the phone in different parts of the world, we
    > are a real life test bed with real life feedback on how to make the
    > V3 even better.
    >
    > I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software
    > ideas, connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would
    > like it to be, maybe how to get there too and give constructive
    > feedback.
    >
    > http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source/
    >

    > Jimmy

    Yes, I sent them an email yesterday asking if the volume can be
    increased. No reply yet, but will keep you posted. (Don't hold your
    breath!)

    Jimmy Smith wrote:
    > Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they can make
    > to or complaints about the phone? That company has a heritage of attempting
    > zero fault products and a long term ground breaking track record with their
    > communication products. Since we are all out here using the phone in
    > different parts of the world, we are a real life test bed with real life
    > feedback on how to make the V3 even better.
    >
    > I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software ideas,
    > connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would like it to be,
    > maybe how to get there too and give constructive feedback.
    >
    > http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source/
    >

    > Jimmy

    I also wrote Motorola about the volume.
    I was told to go to a service center and have the phone check out, and
    that it was set to factory specs. No other information or solution was
    offered.

    My solution; P2Ktools
    2 minutes later I was happy.

    If Palm comes through with a WiFi version of the 650, Im there.

    With P2KTools you can increase the volume all the way up to painful
    levels if that's what you need.

    From:blank
    blank@void.net

    > Jimmy Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they
    >> can make to or complaints about the phone? That company has a
    >> heritage of attempting zero fault products and a long term ground
    >> breaking track record with their communication products. Since we
    >> are all out here using the phone in different parts of the world, we
    >> are a real life test bed with real life feedback on how to make the
    >> V3 even better.
    >>
    >> I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software
    >> ideas, connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would
    >> like it to be, maybe how to get there too and give constructive
    >> feedback.
    >>
    >> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source/
    >>

    >> Jimmy
    >
    > Yes, I sent them an email yesterday asking if the volume can be
    > increased. No reply yet, but will keep you posted. (Don't hold your
    > breath!)

    Something to think about.
    Pretty easier for many folks with certain s/w tools to increase the volume
    right?
    And Motorola makes Nextel phones which are quite loud.

    So why doesn't motorola just do this in first place?

    There is a reason. It's called the GSM Mask spec. There is a spec on
    frequency response which details how the audio response curves are mandated
    to work across the audible frequency ranges. Distortion comes into play too.

    If a manufacturer exceeds the spec., they don't get get certified.
    --
    Steve
    "RobertM" <robertm48@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Jimmy Smith wrote:
    >> Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they can
    >> make to or complaints about the phone? That company has a heritage of
    >> attempting zero fault products and a long term ground breaking track
    >> record with their communication products. Since we are all out here
    >> using the phone in different parts of the world, we are a real life test
    >> bed with real life feedback on how to make the V3 even better.
    >>
    >> I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software ideas,
    >> connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would like it to
    >> be, maybe how to get there too and give constructive feedback.
    >>
    >> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source/
    >>

    >> Jimmy
    > I also wrote Motorola about the volume.
    > I was told to go to a service center and have the phone check out, and
    > that it was set to factory specs. No other information or solution was
    > offered.
    >
    > My solution; P2Ktools
    > 2 minutes later I was happy.
    >
    > If Palm comes through with a WiFi version of the 650, Im there.

    they will tell you these things cant be done. deleting stock pics,
    tones, volume, etc etc. they can. the service center will not do it
    for you. either use p2ktools or motokit, both are point and click. if
    you cant do that, ask someone to edit the gain table seem for you and
    send it to you so you can just upload it to your phone.

    --
    troyboy30

    what they failed to tell you is that all volumes by default are set to 1
    except for system tones. If you set volumes to maximum you would blow
    your speaker! lol

    what you got was a bot response which is what you should expect when
    contacting them.

    send them a question about deleting locked pictures or ringtones and
    see what response you get. I bet they tell you it's not possible.

    --
    troyboy30

    blank wrote:

    > Jimmy Smith wrote:
    >
    > > Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they
    > > can make to or complaints about the phone? That company has a
    > > heritage of attempting zero fault products and a long term ground
    > > breaking track record with their communication products. Since we
    > > are all out here using the phone in different parts of the world, we
    > > are a real life test bed with real life feedback on how to make the
    > > V3 even better.
    > >
    > > I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software
    > > ideas, connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would
    > > like it to be, maybe how to get there too and give constructive
    > > feedback.
    > >
    > > http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source/
    > >

    > > Jimmy
    >
    > Yes, I sent them an email yesterday asking if the volume can be
    > increased. No reply yet, but will keep you posted. (Don't hold your
    > breath!)

    And here is their reply:

    There are no upgrades that can be performed to boost volume past
    maximum. If
    you feel there may be an issue with your phone's speakers, I recommend
    taking your phone to an authorized Motorola service centre for
    assessment
    and repair, if necessary, by a qualified technician. I have provided a
    link
    to a list of our service centres in Australia for your reference.

    http://au.motorola.com/pcs/ (Then click on Support, then repair
    information)

    Please ensure to have your proof of purchase to receive service under
    warranty.

    If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

    troyboy30 wrote:

    > what they failed to tell you is that all volumes by default are set
    > to 1 except for system tones. If you set volumes to maximum you
    > would blow your speaker! lol
    >
    > what you got was a bot response which is what you should expect when
    > contacting them.
    >
    > send them a question about deleting locked pictures or ringtones and
    > see what response you get. I bet they tell you it's not possible.

    Obviously.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    "blank" <blank@void.net> wrote in message
    troyboy30 wrote:

    > what they failed to tell you is that all volumes by default are set
    > to 1 except for system tones. If you set volumes to maximum you
    > would blow your speaker! lol
    >
    > what you got was a bot response which is what you should expect when
    > contacting them.
    >
    > send them a question about deleting locked pictures or ringtones and
    > see what response you get. I bet they tell you it's not possible.

    Obviously.

    Well really, what did you expect? Them to give you a link to howard forums?
    lol ;)
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    CJD wrote:

    > "blank" <blank@void.net> wrote in message
    > troyboy30 wrote:
    >

    > > what they failed to tell you is that all volumes by default are set
    > > to 1 except for system tones. If you set volumes to maximum you
    > > would blow your speaker! lol
    > >
    > > what you got was a bot response which is what you should expect when
    > > contacting them.
    > >
    > > send them a question about deleting locked pictures or ringtones and
    > > see what response you get. I bet they tell you it's not possible.
    >
    > Obviously.
    >
    > Well really, what did you expect? Them to give you a link to howard
    > forums? lol ;)

    No, I expected nothing more. But as was suggested in the original
    post, it is only reasonable to refer to the manufacturer when you have
    a problem with their product.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    CJD wrote:

    > Well really, what did you expect? Them to give you a link to howard
    > forums? lol ;)

    >No, I expected nothing more. But as was suggested in the original
    >post, it is only reasonable to refer to the manufacturer when you have
    >a problem with their product.

    Tis true ya, and I honestly beleive that Moto does browse forums like
    www.howardforums.com and the other major ones, more then likely this
    newsgroup as well. These place are more then likely their main source of
    feedback.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    > Jimmy Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they
    >> can make to or complaints about the phone? That company has a
    >> heritage of attempting zero fault products and a long term ground
    >> breaking track record with their communication products. Since we
    >> are all out here using the phone in different parts of the world, we
    >> are a real life test bed with real life feedback on how to make the
    >> V3 even better.
    >>
    >> I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software
    >> ideas, connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would
    >> like it to be, maybe how to get there too and give constructive
    >> feedback.
    >>
    >> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source/
    >>

    >> Jimmy
    >
    > Yes, I sent them an email yesterday asking if the volume can be
    > increased. No reply yet, but will keep you posted. (Don't hold your
    > breath!)

    Higher than the "8" setting you can edit?

    Steve
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    feedback>>

    Try this:
    than --not then
    believe --not beleive
    places -- not place

    Peace,
    StanfordLYNX

    <SNIP HERE>

    > Tis true ya, and I honestly beleive that Moto does browse forums like
    > www.howardforums.com and the other major ones, more then likely this
    > newsgroup as well. These place are more then likely their main source of
    > feedback.

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    LMAO!! You are actually posting to correct my spelling on a usenet group??
    Tha's really sad man, but thanks for 'teh' laugh! lol

    "stanfordlynx" <stanfordlynx@Charter.net> wrote in message
    feedback>>

    Try this:
    than --not then
    believe --not beleive
    places -- not place

    Peace,
    StanfordLYNX

    <SNIP HERE>

    > Tis true ya, and I honestly beleive that Moto does browse forums like
    > www.howardforums.com and the other major ones, more then likely this
    > newsgroup as well. These place are more then likely their main source of
    > feedback.

Motorola Phones Products