Contacted Motorola about V3

Last response: in Brands
July 17, 2005 6:46:57 PM

Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they can make
to or complaints about the phone? That company has a heritage of attempting
zero fault products and a long term ground breaking track record with their
communication products. Since we are all out here using the phone in
different parts of the world, we are a real life test bed with real life
feedback on how to make the V3 even better.

I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software ideas,
connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would like it to be,
maybe how to get there too and give constructive feedback.

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source...

Jimmy

More about : contacted motorola

July 17, 2005 11:01:21 PM

As your somewhat useless link proves, they don't actually WANT feedback
- you have to telephone, rather than email, and wait on interminable
hold to speak to a person about your "new ideas for FUTURE
products"????? What about user feedback on existing ones?

I love my V3 but I HATE that the phonebook doesn't hold addresses and
the calendar doesn't hold notes. These features are so much more
important to me than grainy pictures or (idiodic) video capture.
They're also standard on other manufacturers' phones. If Motorola
really wanted feedback they'd be monitoring and contributing to this
newsgroup.

Or maybe they'd just host their own user forums (ala Apple, the old AT&T
Wireless, etc.)

Jimmy Smith wrote:
> Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they can make
> to or complaints about the phone? That company has a heritage of attempting
> zero fault products and a long term ground breaking track record with their
> communication products. Since we are all out here using the phone in
> different parts of the world, we are a real life test bed with real life
> feedback on how to make the V3 even better.
>
> I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software ideas,
> connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would like it to be,
> maybe how to get there too and give constructive feedback.
>
> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source...
>

> Jimmy

July 17, 2005 11:17:08 PM

Jimmy Smith wrote:

> Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they
> can make to or complaints about the phone? That company has a
> heritage of attempting zero fault products and a long term ground
> breaking track record with their communication products. Since we
> are all out here using the phone in different parts of the world, we
> are a real life test bed with real life feedback on how to make the
> V3 even better.
>
> I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software
> ideas, connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would
> like it to be, maybe how to get there too and give constructive
> feedback.
>
> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source...
>

> Jimmy

Yes, I sent them an email yesterday asking if the volume can be
increased. No reply yet, but will keep you posted. (Don't hold your
breath!)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 18, 2005 12:38:00 AM

Jimmy Smith wrote:
> Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they can make
> to or complaints about the phone? That company has a heritage of attempting
> zero fault products and a long term ground breaking track record with their
> communication products. Since we are all out here using the phone in
> different parts of the world, we are a real life test bed with real life
> feedback on how to make the V3 even better.
>
> I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software ideas,
> connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would like it to be,
> maybe how to get there too and give constructive feedback.
>
> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source...
>

> Jimmy

I also wrote Motorola about the volume.
I was told to go to a service center and have the phone check out, and
that it was set to factory specs. No other information or solution was
offered.

My solution; P2Ktools
2 minutes later I was happy.

If Palm comes through with a WiFi version of the 650, Im there.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 1:34:04 AM

With P2KTools you can increase the volume all the way up to painful
levels if that's what you need.

From:blank
blank@void.net

> Jimmy Smith wrote:
>
>> Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they
>> can make to or complaints about the phone? That company has a
>> heritage of attempting zero fault products and a long term ground
>> breaking track record with their communication products. Since we
>> are all out here using the phone in different parts of the world, we
>> are a real life test bed with real life feedback on how to make the
>> V3 even better.
>>
>> I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software
>> ideas, connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would
>> like it to be, maybe how to get there too and give constructive
>> feedback.
>>
>> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source...
>>

>> Jimmy
>
> Yes, I sent them an email yesterday asking if the volume can be
> increased. No reply yet, but will keep you posted. (Don't hold your
> breath!)
July 18, 2005 3:53:18 AM

Something to think about.
Pretty easier for many folks with certain s/w tools to increase the volume
right?
And Motorola makes Nextel phones which are quite loud.

So why doesn't motorola just do this in first place?

There is a reason. It's called the GSM Mask spec. There is a spec on
frequency response which details how the audio response curves are mandated
to work across the audible frequency ranges. Distortion comes into play too.

If a manufacturer exceeds the spec., they don't get get certified.
--
Steve
"RobertM" <robertm48@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Jimmy Smith wrote:
>> Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they can
>> make to or complaints about the phone? That company has a heritage of
>> attempting zero fault products and a long term ground breaking track
>> record with their communication products. Since we are all out here
>> using the phone in different parts of the world, we are a real life test
>> bed with real life feedback on how to make the V3 even better.
>>
>> I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software ideas,
>> connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would like it to
>> be, maybe how to get there too and give constructive feedback.
>>
>> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source...
>>

>> Jimmy
> I also wrote Motorola about the volume.
> I was told to go to a service center and have the phone check out, and
> that it was set to factory specs. No other information or solution was
> offered.
>
> My solution; P2Ktools
> 2 minutes later I was happy.
>
> If Palm comes through with a WiFi version of the 650, Im there.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:56:49 AM

they will tell you these things cant be done. deleting stock pics,
tones, volume, etc etc. they can. the service center will not do it
for you. either use p2ktools or motokit, both are point and click. if
you cant do that, ask someone to edit the gain table seem for you and
send it to you so you can just upload it to your phone.

--
troyboy30
July 18, 2005 9:51:50 AM

what they failed to tell you is that all volumes by default are set to 1
except for system tones. If you set volumes to maximum you would blow
your speaker! lol

what you got was a bot response which is what you should expect when
contacting them.

send them a question about deleting locked pictures or ringtones and
see what response you get. I bet they tell you it's not possible.

--
troyboy30
July 18, 2005 2:20:15 PM

blank wrote:

> Jimmy Smith wrote:
>
> > Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they
> > can make to or complaints about the phone? That company has a
> > heritage of attempting zero fault products and a long term ground
> > breaking track record with their communication products. Since we
> > are all out here using the phone in different parts of the world, we
> > are a real life test bed with real life feedback on how to make the
> > V3 even better.
> >
> > I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software
> > ideas, connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would
> > like it to be, maybe how to get there too and give constructive
> > feedback.
> >
> > http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source...
> >

> > Jimmy
>
> Yes, I sent them an email yesterday asking if the volume can be
> increased. No reply yet, but will keep you posted. (Don't hold your
> breath!)

And here is their reply:

There are no upgrades that can be performed to boost volume past
maximum. If
you feel there may be an issue with your phone's speakers, I recommend
taking your phone to an authorized Motorola service centre for
assessment
and repair, if necessary, by a qualified technician. I have provided a
link
to a list of our service centres in Australia for your reference.

http://au.motorola.com/pcs/ (Then click on Support, then repair
information)

Please ensure to have your proof of purchase to receive service under
warranty.

If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
July 18, 2005 3:35:00 PM

troyboy30 wrote:

> what they failed to tell you is that all volumes by default are set
> to 1 except for system tones. If you set volumes to maximum you
> would blow your speaker! lol
>
> what you got was a bot response which is what you should expect when
> contacting them.
>
> send them a question about deleting locked pictures or ringtones and
> see what response you get. I bet they tell you it's not possible.

Obviously.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:35:01 PM

"blank" <blank@void.net> wrote in message
troyboy30 wrote:

> what they failed to tell you is that all volumes by default are set
> to 1 except for system tones. If you set volumes to maximum you
> would blow your speaker! lol
>
> what you got was a bot response which is what you should expect when
> contacting them.
>
> send them a question about deleting locked pictures or ringtones and
> see what response you get. I bet they tell you it's not possible.

Obviously.

Well really, what did you expect? Them to give you a link to howard forums?
lol ;)
July 18, 2005 11:19:14 PM

CJD wrote:

> "blank" <blank@void.net> wrote in message
> troyboy30 wrote:
>

> > what they failed to tell you is that all volumes by default are set
> > to 1 except for system tones. If you set volumes to maximum you
> > would blow your speaker! lol
> >
> > what you got was a bot response which is what you should expect when
> > contacting them.
> >
> > send them a question about deleting locked pictures or ringtones and
> > see what response you get. I bet they tell you it's not possible.
>
> Obviously.
>
> Well really, what did you expect? Them to give you a link to howard
> forums? lol ;)

No, I expected nothing more. But as was suggested in the original
post, it is only reasonable to refer to the manufacturer when you have
a problem with their product.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 11:30:57 PM

CJD wrote:

> Well really, what did you expect? Them to give you a link to howard
> forums? lol ;)

>No, I expected nothing more. But as was suggested in the original
>post, it is only reasonable to refer to the manufacturer when you have
>a problem with their product.

Tis true ya, and I honestly beleive that Moto does browse forums like
www.howardforums.com and the other major ones, more then likely this
newsgroup as well. These place are more then likely their main source of
feedback.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 7:46:30 AM

> Jimmy Smith wrote:
>
>> Have any of you V3 owners contacted Motorola with improvements they
>> can make to or complaints about the phone? That company has a
>> heritage of attempting zero fault products and a long term ground
>> breaking track record with their communication products. Since we
>> are all out here using the phone in different parts of the world, we
>> are a real life test bed with real life feedback on how to make the
>> V3 even better.
>>
>> I've read comments here about PhoneBook, Earpiece Volume, Software
>> ideas, connectivity drivers, and more. Why not think how you would
>> like it to be, maybe how to get there too and give constructive
>> feedback.
>>
>> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source...
>>

>> Jimmy
>
> Yes, I sent them an email yesterday asking if the volume can be
> increased. No reply yet, but will keep you posted. (Don't hold your
> breath!)

Higher than the "8" setting you can edit?

Steve
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 8:38:46 AM

feedback>>

Try this:
than --not then
believe --not beleive
places -- not place

[I can't write without Word, and even 'then'...]

Peace,
StanfordLYNX

<SNIP HERE>

> Tis true ya, and I honestly beleive that Moto does browse forums like
> www.howardforums.com and the other major ones, more then likely this
> newsgroup as well. These place are more then likely their main source of
> feedback.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 12:02:15 AM

LMAO!! You are actually posting to correct my spelling on a usenet group??
Tha's really sad man, but thanks for 'teh' laugh! lol

!