can't dial out with 9 ???

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001
Hello kind people

Look it's me! :)

Um, oh ya, my laptop dials up ok at home but at work it's no no. Can you help?

3Com Cellular Modem PC Card 56K
Win98 Se french lol

The error is: "No dial tone"

I add the dial 9 before to get the tone for dialing out, tried(9;), tried(9,), with and without spaces and (9;) gives me "verify connection to modem" error, or words to that effect.

Is there something I am not seing here?

I'm very gratefull

danny
:)

<font color=blue>THGC is filled with only the best components! <A HREF="http://perso.club-internet.fr/ludo3/NB/2/505.jpg" target="_new">my anima</A> </font color=blue>

PatMcGroin

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
Did you put the 9 in the phone number or in the little box that says something about dialing a nomber to get a outside line? It should be in the box. If it is there try inserting 3 or 4 commas before the phone number, It gives the modem a little bit of time before it actually tries to dial and the dial tone may have a chance to activate. I know this sounds dumb but I got this info from the makers (tech support) of PcTel modems while having trouble with a modem.

You Dont Want To Be The Last to Know Anything.

redshadow

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2003
It can also be that at your office you have a digital PBX phone system instead of the older analog one. If by chance you're using your modem with it, it can fry the line or modem, so check with your IT support staff.

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001
Thx ppl

Yes it's a toshiba PBX phone sys. Have tried adding a splitter and dialing 9 with a phone on the first line to get the dial tone and then trying to connect with the modem on the second line, but no go there either.

A PBX sys is like a seperate server that controls all connected phones to it, right?
Guess it is programmed to not respond to modem signals.

Is their any other tech methode to bypass this. Some emulation device perhaps.

Thx for your knowhow

danny

<font color=blue>THGC is filled with only the best components! <A HREF="http://perso.club-internet.fr/ludo3/NB/2/505.jpg" target="_new">my anima</A> </font color=blue>