Buying an unlocked i850 or i860?

Telus (BC, Canada) offers a few iDen phones (the i830, i833 and i730)
for use on their network, but they don't offer the ones I want - the
i850 or the i860.

My understanding is that most that are on ebay are double locked, and
are difficult to unlock (what exactly has to be done to unlock a double
locked i850 or i860 anyway?)

Is there somewhere I can buy them unlocked (e.g. direct from the factory?)

I might just give up and settle for an i830, but I would really like the
larger screen of the i850 or i860.

Rob

PS: does anyone know if there is any difference between the i730, i830,
i850 and i860 in terms of clarity and loudness (both are overridingly
important factors for me)?
1 answer Last reply
More about buying unlocked i850 i860

    just the Boost Mobile phones are double locked I think
    "Rob W" <randomELIDE940@ELIDEshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Telus (BC, Canada) offers a few iDen phones (the i830, i833 and i730)
    > for use on their network, but they don't offer the ones I want - the
    > i850 or the i860.
    >
    > My understanding is that most that are on ebay are double locked, and
    > are difficult to unlock (what exactly has to be done to unlock a double
    > locked i850 or i860 anyway?)
    >
    > Is there somewhere I can buy them unlocked (e.g. direct from the factory?)
    >
    > I might just give up and settle for an i830, but I would really like the
    > larger screen of the i850 or i860.
    >
    > Rob
    >
    > PS: does anyone know if there is any difference between the i730, i830,
    > i850 and i860 in terms of clarity and loudness (both are overridingly
    > important factors for me)?

Motorola