Random win764bit freeze(all textures become blue and purple)

shakes53

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2012
gtx550ti 450w psu
win7 64bit
Watching some you tube and suddenly the video and my computer freezes and has blue/purple tint to it. I restart and everything goes back to normal

anyone know what caused this?-only happened once
thnx

try running hardware monitor to see that the video card van is working and the card not over heating. alos with youtube make sure your browser and flash are updated. if it hangs again and the temps are fine it could be that your ps may not be able to handle the new video card at load.

shakes53

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2012
I'll try the advanced monitoring hardware later, but i just rebooted and watched youtube and I have the asus smartdoctor installed, the card isn't overheating it's currently at 37 degrees celcius. I've had this card for two months and have played videogames like badcompany two on high settings on load for extended peroids of time and no crash.
going to go try the speccy thing now

shakes53

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2012

hmm... well it's been almost 4 years. the purple tint screen freeze has not returned and i'm not quite sure what has kept my system running so smoothly. however, recently, everything has begun to stutter after long sessions of Mozilla Firefox.

It's 2015 and i'm doing a completely new build based on the i5 4460, only reusing the kingston hyperx t1 ram from before.

I need assistance in narrowing down a graphics card solution could i pm you about that?