  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 4, 2005 3:12:58 AM

Got a problem with bloodlines that I'd appreciate some help with. I've been
trying to get s a rise out of the online support but so far no joy and I
want to get on with the game before I get too much older.

I'm at the stage where I've just taken Grunefeld Bach out of the picture and
he's pushed the button on the cavern destruct. I get to run the cavern and
exit to the boat and that's where it all goes septic. I get the transition
screen with the progress bar and then it all crashes out to windows. It
completley flatlines. I've tried using different clans in the hope that it
was Toreador-centric (The first one I tried) but it does the same with
Brujah and Tremere. I suspect that I've a straightforward bug here.

Has anyone come across this one or does anyone know if there's a patch
available and if this is a common irritation.

I'm running xp pro on a 2.6 p4, apogee board with 2gb Dimm, and a gforce 4
card fully updated - I theenk - and an audigy sound card.

Any help appreciated and will be greeted with thanks of a profuse nature.

:-)dugs

More about : vampire bloodlines query

March 4, 2005 3:12:59 AM

On 2005-03-04, scratch <selurier1@fathat.co.uk> wrote:
> Got a problem with bloodlines that I'd appreciate some help with. I've been
> trying to get s a rise out of the online support but so far no joy and I
> want to get on with the game before I get too much older.
>
> I'm at the stage where I've just taken Grunefeld Bach out of the picture and
> he's pushed the button on the cavern destruct. I get to run the cavern and
> exit to the boat and that's where it all goes septic. I get the transition
> screen with the progress bar and then it all crashes out to windows. It
> completley flatlines. I've tried using different clans in the hope that it
> was Toreador-centric (The first one I tried) but it does the same with
> Brujah and Tremere. I suspect that I've a straightforward bug here.
>
> Has anyone come across this one or does anyone know if there's a patch
> available and if this is a common irritation.

Yes it's a known bug. Go to www.troikagames.com and download the
patch. Might want to replay your game since it fixes quest bugs
and some performance issues too.
March 4, 2005 3:37:51 AM

Thank you, you are a God among group contributors.

Also Doh! I never tried the troika site. Just goes to show that
intelligence is selective and that I missed out! :-)

Dugs
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 3:42:03 PM

"scratch" <selurier1@fathat.co.uk> wrote in message
> Got a problem with bloodlines that I'd appreciate some help with. I've
> been
> trying to get s a rise out of the online support but so far no joy and I
> want to get on with the game before I get too much older.
>
> I'm at the stage where I've just taken Grunefeld Bach out of the picture
> and
> he's pushed the button on the cavern destruct. I get to run the cavern
> and
> exit to the boat and that's where it all goes septic. I get the transition
> screen with the progress bar and then it all crashes out to windows. It
> completley flatlines. I've tried using different clans in the hope that it
> was Toreador-centric (The first one I tried) but it does the same with
> Brujah and Tremere. I suspect that I've a straightforward bug here.
>
> Has anyone come across this one or does anyone know if there's a patch
> available and if this is a common irritation.
>
> I'm running xp pro on a 2.6 p4, apogee board with 2gb Dimm, and a gforce 4
> card fully updated - I theenk - and an audigy sound card.
>
> Any help appreciated and will be greeted with thanks of a profuse nature.
>
> :-)dugs

This worked for me... the patch didn't. Someone said I should play through
again for the patch to work, but no way ;-)

The game chrashes when escaping the Society of Leopold. This is how
you solve it at the current time.
The following can be found on Activision's official site:

We are still looking into this issue at the current time, but the following
should get you past the issue.

This fix involves using some console commands. Be careful to enter the
console commands exactly as
they appear, capitalization is important.

To enable the console for the game:
1) Right-click on the shortcut you use the launch the game
2) Select properties
3) Make sure you are on the shortcut tab
4) At the end of the target line add -console, add this outside of the
quotes
5) The finished line should look like this if you have the game installed to
the default directory
"C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire.exe" -
console
6) Hit ok, make sure you launch the game using this shortcut

Once you have enabled the console load the saved game from this level
and do the following
1) Get to the boat and approach it, do not get into the boat, but get as
close
as you can
2) Open the console using the tilde "~" key
3) Type the following commands in:
If you saved Johansen:
SaveJohansen()

Then to level transition if you're anybody but a Nosferatu:
changelevel2 la_hub_1 taxi_landmark

And if you're a Nosferatu, instead use:
changelevel2 la_hub_1 sewer_map_landmark

4) If you get to the next level and you do not have any items in your
inventory reload your previous save
(make sure you have a discreet save and are not just using the autosave)
and try it again, but stand
closer to the boat.
!