Need help with Motorola RAZR and HS850

I have a Motorola RAZR V3 phone and a HS850 headset. When I got the
headset, I paired them together, and everything worked fine. I'm having
problems now, though.

When I open the boom on the headset, it no longer connects
automatically to the phone. Instead, I have to go through the menus and
manually connect them together. I made a menu shortcut, but it's still
a pain.

I checked the headset profile on the phone and made sure it was set to
Access: Automatic. I set it to Access: Ask, and I get a dialog box
asking if I want to allow the headset to connect when I turn it on, but
even if I click "Grant," it doesn't work. I suspect that I'm not fast
enough. I even tried toggling this setting back and forth to see if it
would fix the issue.

I know Bluetooth is working on both devices because I can use the
headset if I manually connect the phone to the headset.

Finally, I deleted the device information from the RAZR and re-paired
the two together. It still doesn't automatically connect.

I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help?

TIA,

Chris Hayashida
chris d.t hayashida @t earthlink d.t net
1 answer Last reply
More about need motorola razr hs850

    Well, it took a little while, but Motorola tech support did send me a
    reply. It's below. The funny thing is that I had already fixed the
    problem. Simply powering off the phone, then powering it back on fixed
    the Bluetooth issues I was experiencing. Weird that I'd have to reboot
    a phone to fix it. But I should have known.

    Anyway, Motorola's response is below:

    Dear Christopher Hayashida,

    Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support, we appreciate your
    request.

    Thank you very much for your considerations and interest in our
    products.

    Regarding your concern, we are sorry to hear about this inconvenience.
    We recommend you reset the headset by connecting it to the charger for
    5-10 seconds before trying to pair both devices again. If the situation
    persists, you may try a Master Reset on your phone. If this difficulty
    is caused by incorrect settings, performing a Master Reset will correct
    this issue. This operation will reset all features back to the factory
    default settings and will not delete any phonebook entries in your
    phone memory. Please follow the steps below:

    MAIN MENU > SETTINGS > INITIAL SET UP (this option may be located under
    the Other Settings menu) > MASTER RESET (Security code: 000000)

    We hope you find this information helpful and look forward to assisting
    you in the future.

    If you have further questions or need additional assistance, please
    contact our Cellular Information Center at 1-800-331-6456. Our business
    hours are Monday through Friday from 7am to 10pm CST and Saturday and
    Sunday from 9am to 6pm CST.

    For information about Motorola products and services, please locate
    http://www.motorola.com/

    Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service to you.

    Best Regards,

Motorola Gaming Headsets Phones