Need help with Motorola RAZR and HS850

Last response: in Brands
July 18, 2005 2:13:23 PM

I have a Motorola RAZR V3 phone and a HS850 headset. When I got the
headset, I paired them together, and everything worked fine. I'm having
problems now, though.

When I open the boom on the headset, it no longer connects
automatically to the phone. Instead, I have to go through the menus and
manually connect them together. I made a menu shortcut, but it's still
a pain.

I checked the headset profile on the phone and made sure it was set to
Access: Automatic. I set it to Access: Ask, and I get a dialog box
asking if I want to allow the headset to connect when I turn it on, but
even if I click "Grant," it doesn't work. I suspect that I'm not fast
enough. I even tried toggling this setting back and forth to see if it
would fix the issue.

I know Bluetooth is working on both devices because I can use the
headset if I manually connect the phone to the headset.

Finally, I deleted the device information from the RAZR and re-paired
the two together. It still doesn't automatically connect.

I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help?

TIA,

Chris Hayashida
chris d.t hayashida @t earthlink d.t net

More about : motorola razr hs850

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 3:47:45 PM

Well, it took a little while, but Motorola tech support did send me a
reply. It's below. The funny thing is that I had already fixed the
problem. Simply powering off the phone, then powering it back on fixed
the Bluetooth issues I was experiencing. Weird that I'd have to reboot
a phone to fix it. But I should have known.

Anyway, Motorola's response is below:

Dear Christopher Hayashida,

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support, we appreciate your
request.

Thank you very much for your considerations and interest in our
products.

Regarding your concern, we are sorry to hear about this inconvenience.
We recommend you reset the headset by connecting it to the charger for
5-10 seconds before trying to pair both devices again. If the situation
persists, you may try a Master Reset on your phone. If this difficulty
is caused by incorrect settings, performing a Master Reset will correct
this issue. This operation will reset all features back to the factory
default settings and will not delete any phonebook entries in your
phone memory. Please follow the steps below:

MAIN MENU > SETTINGS > INITIAL SET UP (this option may be located under
the Other Settings menu) > MASTER RESET (Security code: 000000)

We hope you find this information helpful and look forward to assisting
you in the future.

If you have further questions or need additional assistance, please
contact our Cellular Information Center at 1-800-331-6456. Our business
hours are Monday through Friday from 7am to 10pm CST and Saturday and
Sunday from 9am to 6pm CST.

For information about Motorola products and services, please locate
http://www.motorola.com/

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service to you.

Best Regards,
!