Need to Boost Volume on Bluetooth Headsets!

--Hard-of-hearing Stanford hear...<if you'll pardon the poor pun>. Total
newbie that I am at all this "modding stuff"; I walked the hot coals of
downloading and installing all the stuff you guys recommended. Read forums
'till mine eyes went red. Bought the MPT (nice) when I could have
downloaded it for free, grrr! I am fighting with PST and the many P2Ks and
MotoKits to recognize my lonely Razr. I enlisted the help of Babelfish to
help with the translations of the Chinese and Russian so encountered. (Sure
I went over to the third column etc, but there is lots of info behind the
help and other files in their native tongues. Dig it).

Anyhow..I'm very happy to report that brain-dead me finally got my gain(s)
bumped from (1) to (7) ...yea MotoKit--I did 'hear' the warnings not to go
over (4) but what the hell, it's my phone and I'm deaf. I notice no real
distortion and I CAN use the phone now with or without the speakerphone,
both volumes have been boosted. <Blank> you Motorola! Thanks for
"listening' to the hearing impaired comunity, hah!

Now, I'd love to get my two Bluetooth headsets--a Jabra BT 250v and a Moto
HS850--...I'd REALLY LOVE to boost them in a similar manner, or any damn
manner. Can you techies help? The Jabra works best for volume at this
point; the earbud on it swivels to the right or left (so one has the choice
of which ear). I added a vinyl tube into the hole that points to the ear
canal, and over the tube I placed a foam cone that goes further into the ear
canal both increasing the apparent volume and blocking out external noises.
I also like the vibration notify option of this model. Too bad the unit is
so BIG, maybe I'll let my hair grow longer to cover it. Then again maybe
I'll just wear it as a badge of courage. The HS850 is kinda neat with its
swinging-mike-boom-on-and-off switch, and its small size; but it has little
volume. I just saw a Bluetooth stereo (two ear) headset downunder that is
very cool --if pricey, it even has 128MB file storage space, (MP3/WMA, etc)
and a USB Bluetooth dongle for your notebook or PC. Too darn much money at
this point for limited income me. A sign of future times and things, go
Bluetooth!

I'm still trying to get my phone more fully recognized so I can flash to fix
the phonebook, memory, video and all that other stuff.
So does anyone know how to boost volume on Bluetooth headsets?

Cheers, you bloody modders.
StanfordLYNX
10 answers Last reply
More about need boost volume bluetooth headsets

    you can't

    --
    troyboy30

    I die!
    ==============
    "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1ses0z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > you can't
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30

    PS.

    In Re: http://cellphoneforums.net/t182280.html

    Who ever does those FLASHY add headers ---should be shot, drawn, and
    quartered!!! And pissed on.
    Good God. Capitalist swine.

    StanfordLYNX

    "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1ses0z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > you can't
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30

    How the hell do you think you have free rein to re-post my email to a public
    newsgroup onto a commercial site? Now I see where you are coming from. I
    don't like it at all. Good thing I can't get my hands on you.

    Bah Humbug!

    StanfordLYNX

    "stanfordlynx" <stanfordlynx@Charter.net> wrote in message
    > PS.
    >
    > In Re: http://cellphoneforums.net/t182280.html
    >
    > Who ever does those FLASHY add headers ---should be shot, drawn, and
    > quartered!!! And pissed on.
    > Good God. Capitalist swine.
    >
    > StanfordLYNX
    >
    > "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1ses0z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> you can't
    >>

    >> --
    >> troyboy30
    >> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
    >> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t182280.html

    >>Do you talk to yourself often?

    >>"troyboy30"

    ..Just since I got shot eight times in Nam (three in the head).
    Knowledgeable sir; I really mean no offence; I'm up late tonight with a
    little single malt. My gal in --Hanty-mansijsk, Russia just got her email
    account 86ed. I'm down in the dumps and just trying to get my new lonely
    Razr up to par. The volume increase helps, next I need to flash-but I still
    need to learn some more to get my Razr recognized.

    I'm curious, how did my email to a newsgroup get clear over here on a Web
    Page < http://cellphoneforums.net/t182280.html > without my knowledge or
    permission? ..Such is the worrrrld.

    Peace,

    > How the hell do you think you have free rein to re-post my email to a
    > public newsgroup onto a commercial site? Now I see where you are coming
    > from. I don't like it at all. Good thing I can't get my hands on you.
    >
    > Bah Humbug!
    >
    > StanfordLYNX
    >
    > "stanfordlynx" <stanfordlynx@Charter.net> wrote in message
    >> PS.
    >>
    >> In Re: http://cellphoneforums.net/t182280.html
    >>
    >> Who ever does those FLASHY add headers ---should be shot, drawn, and
    >> quartered!!! And pissed on.
    >> Good God. Capitalist swine.
    >>
    >> StanfordLYNX
    >>
    >> "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1ses0z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
    >> message news:troyboy30.1ses0z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...
    >>>
    >>> you can't
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> troyboy30
    >>> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
    >>> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t182280.html

    talk to yourself often?

    --
    troyboy30

    …Just since I got shot eight times in Nam. Knowledgeable sir; I really
    mean no offence; I'm up late tonight with a little single malt. My gal
    in --Hanty-mansijsk, Russia just got her email account 86ed. Now, I'm
    down in the dumps and just trying to get my new lonely Razr up to par.
    The volume increase helps, next I need to flash—but I still need to
    learn some more to get my Razr recognized.

    I’m curious, how did my email to a newsgroup get clear over here on a
    Web Page without my knowledge or permission? ..Such is the worrrrld.

    Peace,
    StanfordLYNX

    --
    StanfordLYNX

    stanfordlynx wrote:
    > --Hard-of-hearing Stanford hear...<if you'll pardon the poor pun>.
    > Total newbie that I am at all this "modding stuff"; I walked the hot
    > coals of downloading and installing all the stuff you guys
    > recommended. Read forums 'till mine eyes went red. Bought the MPT
    > (nice) when I could have downloaded it for free, grrr! I am fighting
    > with PST and the many P2Ks and MotoKits to recognize my lonely Razr. I
    > enlisted the help of Babelfish to help with the translations of the
    > Chinese and Russian so encountered. (Sure I went over to the third
    > column etc, but there is lots of info behind the help and other files
    > in their native tongues. Dig it).
    > Anyhow..I'm very happy to report that brain-dead me finally got my
    > gain(s) bumped from (1) to (7) ...yea MotoKit--I did 'hear' the
    > warnings not to go over (4) but what the hell, it's my phone and I'm
    > deaf. I notice no real distortion and I CAN use the phone now with
    > or without the speakerphone, both volumes have been boosted. <Blank>
    > you Motorola! Thanks for "listening' to the hearing impaired
    > comunity, hah!
    > Now, I'd love to get my two Bluetooth headsets--a Jabra BT 250v and a
    > Moto HS850--...I'd REALLY LOVE to boost them in a similar manner, or
    > any damn manner. Can you techies help? The Jabra works best for
    > volume at this point; the earbud on it swivels to the right or left
    > (so one has the choice of which ear). I added a vinyl tube into the
    > hole that points to the ear canal, and over the tube I placed a foam
    > cone that goes further into the ear canal both increasing the
    > apparent volume and blocking out external noises. I also like the
    > vibration notify option of this model. Too bad the unit is so BIG,
    > maybe I'll let my hair grow longer to cover it. Then again maybe
    > I'll just wear it as a badge of courage. The HS850 is kinda neat
    > with its swinging-mike-boom-on-and-off switch, and its small size;
    > but it has little volume. I just saw a Bluetooth stereo (two ear)
    > headset downunder that is very cool --if pricey, it even has 128MB
    > file storage space, (MP3/WMA, etc) and a USB Bluetooth dongle for
    > your notebook or PC. Too darn much money at this point for limited
    > income me. A sign of future times and things, go Bluetooth!
    > I'm still trying to get my phone more fully recognized so I can flash
    > to fix the phonebook, memory, video and all that other stuff.
    > So does anyone know how to boost volume on Bluetooth headsets?
    >
    > Cheers, you bloody modders.
    > StanfordLYNX

    For the jabra, you can purchase earbud gels that are larger and have a
    more prominent extension that fits the ear more tightly. My wife, who
    has a like problem, reports that the jabra 250 volume, for her, is quite
    improved with the larger gel.

    You should have no trouble getting the phone connected for a flash if you've
    got PST working, which I assume you did since you've got MotoKit working.
    To flash, flex or flexlash, read the tutorial at www.motox.us several times.
    Then read it several more times (like I did).
    Here is the process in a nutshell: After carefully selecting the things you
    want to do, download them from motox's site and "un-rar" or un-zip as
    required. (See http://www.7-zip.org/ for a good FREE program to extract rar
    files). When you're ready to start, open the PST folder (don't run PST) and
    find MultiFlashFlex.exe and run it. It should find your phone and then
    you're ready to flash or flex per the tutorial. If your PC is not on
    battery backup get one. You don't want a power failure to hit during the
    flash or flex process. After I ran my first flash my keypad was dead. I was
    prepared for that and used Motox's "Keypad Fix Flex" to solve that in about
    10 seconds. If you do a system Flex or Flexlash (not Flash) your phone will
    lose everything you've ever added to it - it's like a new phone out of the
    box. So be sure to backup everything with MPT and again with Motokit. The
    Motokit backup saved all my ringtones and Java apps & games too.

    This past weekend I Flexlashed Motox's T-Mobile load for my Cingular branded
    v3 and flashed the new file for the phonebook search upgrade and video
    recorder. Works great!

    >>>Do you talk to yourself often?
    >
    >>>"troyboy30"
    >

    > .Just since I got shot eight times in Nam (three in the head).
    > Knowledgeable sir; I really mean no offence; I'm up late tonight with a
    > little single malt. My gal in --Hanty-mansijsk, Russia just got her email
    > account 86ed. I'm down in the dumps and just trying to get my new lonely
    > Razr up to par. The volume increase helps, next I need to flash-but I
    > still need to learn some more to get my Razr recognized.
    >

    > I'm curious, how did my email to a newsgroup get clear over here on a Web
    > Page < http://cellphoneforums.net/t182280.html > without my knowledge or
    > permission? ..Such is the worrrrld.
    >

    > Peace,
    >
    > StanfordLYNX
    >
    > ===============================================================================================
    >

    > "stanfordlynx" <stanfordlynx@Charter.net> wrote in message
    >> How the hell do you think you have free rein to re-post my email to a
    >> public newsgroup onto a commercial site? Now I see where you are coming
    >> from. I don't like it at all. Good thing I can't get my hands on you.
    >>
    >> Bah Humbug!
    >>
    >> StanfordLYNX
    >>
    >> "stanfordlynx" <stanfordlynx@Charter.net> wrote in message
    >>> PS.
    >>>
    >>> In Re: http://cellphoneforums.net/t182280.html
    >>>
    >>> Who ever does those FLASHY add headers ---should be shot, drawn, and
    >>> quartered!!! And pissed on.
    >>> Good God. Capitalist swine.
    >>>
    >>> StanfordLYNX
    >>> =============================================================
    >>>
    >>> "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1ses0z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
    >>> message news:troyboy30.1ses0z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    "stanfordlynx" <stanfordlynx@Charter.net> wrote in message
    >>>Do you talk to yourself often?
    >
    >>>"troyboy30"
    >

    > .Just since I got shot eight times in Nam (three in the head).
    > Knowledgeable sir; I really mean no offence; I'm up late tonight with a
    > little single malt. My gal in --Hanty-mansijsk, Russia just got her email
    > account 86ed. I'm down in the dumps and just trying to get my new lonely
    > Razr up to par. The volume increase helps, next I need to flash-but I
    > still need to learn some more to get my Razr recognized.

    Play solitair, then when you get a 'good hand' quickly make the scene with a
    magazine.

    > I'm curious, how did my email to a newsgroup get clear over here on a Web
    > Page < http://cellphoneforums.net/t182280.html > without my knowledge or
    > permission? ..Such is the worrrrld.
    >

    > Peace,
    >
    > StanfordLYNX
    >
    > ===============================================================================================
    >

    > "stanfordlynx" <stanfordlynx@Charter.net> wrote in message
    >> How the hell do you think you have free rein to re-post my email to a
    >> public newsgroup onto a commercial site? Now I see where you are coming
    >> from. I don't like it at all. Good thing I can't get my hands on you.
    >>
    >> Bah Humbug!
    >>
    >> StanfordLYNX
    >>
    >> "stanfordlynx" <stanfordlynx@Charter.net> wrote in message
    >>> PS.
    >>>
    >>> In Re: http://cellphoneforums.net/t182280.html
    >>>
    >>> Who ever does those FLASHY add headers ---should be shot, drawn, and
    >>> quartered!!! And pissed on.
    >>> Good God. Capitalist swine.
    >>>
    >>> StanfordLYNX
    >>>
    >>> "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1ses0z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in