orange bowl half time show.. what the...

As bad as ashley simpson sounded.. I still felt sorry for her when the boos
started.
19 answers Last reply
More about orange bowl half time show

    David Berry wrote:
    > As bad as ashley simpson sounded.. I still felt sorry for her when the boos
    > started.

    Oh, I don't know ... she mime's on SNL, blames her band and then does a
    really bad half time show at the bowl game ...

    you decide ;-)

    > As bad as ashley simpson sounded.. I still felt sorry for her when the
    > boos
    > started.

    That whole show was an audio train wreck. Howeva...it was pretty easy to
    tell what was pre-recorded and what was live. LOL, sounded like they got the
    levels right just in time for the end of Ashlee's song. wow, that was bad.

    -John O

    > And wow, that whole halftime show was as bad a trainwreck as I've seen
    > on live tv, well ok it was the worst since the last time I saw Ashlee
    > Simpson "live" on Saturday night!

    Which was worse...Ashlee pulling out her monitors and sounding like bad
    karaoke, or the OU quarterback? LOL Too bad for Kelly Clarkson though.

    -John O

    What happened to Kelly Clarkson? She can actually sing unlike A. Simpson.

    -Ben

    DeserTBoB wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:52:20 GMT, "John O"
    > <johno@#no^spam&heathkit.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Which was worse...Ashlee pulling out her monitors and sounding like bad
    >>karaoke, or the OU quarterback? <snip>
    >

    > Both. Of course, Ashlee got hers...did you hear that booing? WOW!
    > Now, somewhere in Texas, TWO villages are missing their idiots...Bush
    > AND Ashlee Simpleton!

    Hahajha. Maybe she should get a new career with something she can
    actually do, unlike singing?

    Boo Birds Attack Ashlee
    http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news/14107249

    "And it wasn't just Orange Bowl attendees whose ears were offended by
    Simpson's routine. In a commentary on MSNBC.com, Michael Ventre wrote
    that Simpson's singing "sounded like a cross between a political
    prisoner being tortured and a test of the Emergency Broadcast System."

    Hi -- I was wondering if you might be so kind to give me feedback on
    whether or not any of you think I should continue singing and writing
    music? you can write whatever you want as I'm asking for it. These
    are my first recordings. Thanks.

    http://www.basementcollege.com/turningtheworldupsidedown.mp3
    http://www.basementcollege.com/dontvoteforbushsong.mp3

    My first instrumental composition (demo version)
    http://www.bestofkristymcnichol.com/mysweetdog.mp3

    Song about a former boss "He's a Vending King"
    http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4147b26c_13c46/bc/songs/He's_a+Vending_King.mp3?BC3iY3BBowGB25mf
    I will only continue recording if people like what I do.

    > What happened to Kelly Clarkson? She can actually sing unlike A. Simpson.

    Her mike started out dead, or almost dead, and she's shaking her
    head/touching her ear to tell the monitor monkey that it's not right. I'm
    thinking...they'll fix this once they find the right knob, but no. The
    chorus kicks in, and her soundtrack kicks ass. She's screaming away, and
    back to the next verse...very low mic levels again. It was too obvious what
    was real and what was recorded. She marched on, a bit distressed, but
    otherwise unfazed. Lots of cheers. No big deal, because a lot of us saw her
    sing for real on that show, and she's Got Pipes.
    The country guy kinda mumbles anyway, so he was almost completely lost in
    the soup...except for the pre-recorded parts.
    Ashlee...it was priceless. Someday VH1 is going to have a ball with this.

    -John O

    Too bad. She really has a killer voice, for real. What I don't understand is
    how a professional audio company hired to do a huge gig like that...millions
    and millions of people watching...cannot figure out how to raise her mic and
    monitor levels.

    brainchannels wrote:

    > I will only continue recording if people like what I do.

    If that is true, you don't have what it takes.

    "Joe Sensor" <crabcakes@emagic.net> wrote in message
    > DeserTBoB wrote:
    > > On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:52:20 GMT, "John O"
    > > <johno@#no^spam&heathkit.com> wrote:
    > >

    > >>Which was worse...Ashlee pulling out her monitors and sounding like bad
    > >>karaoke, or the OU quarterback? <snip>
    > >

    > > Both. Of course, Ashlee got hers...did you hear that booing? WOW!
    > > Now, somewhere in Texas, TWO villages are missing their idiots...Bush
    > > AND Ashlee Simpleton!
    >
    > Hahajha. Maybe she should get a new career with something she can
    > actually do, unlike singing?
    >
    > Boo Birds Attack Ashlee
    > http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news/14107249
    >
    > "And it wasn't just Orange Bowl attendees whose ears were offended by
    > Simpson's routine. In a commentary on MSNBC.com, Michael Ventre wrote
    > that Simpson's singing "sounded like a cross between a political
    > prisoner being tortured and a test of the Emergency Broadcast System."

    The best comment I've seen so far: "...female Gilbert Gottfried".

    Glenn D.

    Ben Hanson wrote:
    > Too bad. She really has a killer voice, for real. What I don't understand is
    > how a professional audio company hired to do a huge gig like that...millions
    > and millions of people watching...cannot figure out how to raise her mic and
    > monitor levels.

    Actually it was a dead battery in a wireless. Brilliant, eh?

    >> Too bad. She really has a killer voice, for real. What I don't understand
    >> is
    >> how a professional audio company hired to do a huge gig like
    >> that...millions
    >> and millions of people watching...cannot figure out how to raise her mic
    >> and
    >> monitor levels.
    >
    > Actually it was a dead battery in a wireless. Brilliant, eh?

    Ahh, if they'd only listened to Jon Bon Jovi and used Duracell. :-)

    But...there was *some* sound from that mike, and at the very end it seemed
    like we could (unfortunately) hear Ashlee well enough, so would that be a
    battery?

    -John O

    > Ben Hanson wrote:
    > > Too bad. She really has a killer voice, for real. What I don't
    understand is
    > > how a professional audio company hired to do a huge gig like
    that...millions
    > > and millions of people watching...cannot figure out how to raise her mic
    and
    > > monitor levels.
    >
    > Actually it was a dead battery in a wireless. Brilliant, eh?

    Jeez, there wasn't a tech standing just outside camera range with a backup
    mic?

    Peace,
    Paul

    > Of course, Ashlee got hers...did you hear that booing? WOW!

    ....just watched part of it on iFilm... good lord, she stinks.

    On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:23:31 +0000, Particle Salad wrote:

    >> Of course, Ashlee got hers...did you hear that booing? WOW!
    >
    > ...just watched part of it on iFilm... good lord, she stinks.

    Good thing we couldn't hear most of it.
    The Lord works in mysterious ways.
    She could have every cat in the neighborhood taking refuge in Chinese
    restaurants.

    On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:36:53 -0500, Stephen <keys_n_things@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:23:31 +0000, Particle Salad wrote:
    >
    >>> Of course, Ashlee got hers...did you hear that booing? WOW!
    >>
    >> ...just watched part of it on iFilm... good lord, she stinks.
    >
    >Good thing we couldn't hear most of it.
    >The Lord works in mysterious ways.
    >She could have every cat in the neighborhood taking refuge in Chinese
    >restaurants. <snip>

    ....and WTF's up with all those weird gyrations of hers, anyway? Does
    she have some sort of neurological impairment?? We all know she's a
    fraud inasmuch as being a singer goes, but she's not even good
    visually, except in a still shot!

    dB

    On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:57:28 GMT, "Pavl Stamler"
    <pstamlerhell@pobox.com> wrote:

    >Jeez, there wasn't a tech standing jvst ovtside camera range with a backvp
    >mic?

    Svre there was (althovgh it was a stagehand, not a tech,) it was in
    the rider. And the promoter presvmed that the local wovld vnderstand
    what the word 'backvp' meant.

    However, since it was a vnion stagehand who was instrvcted to 'stand
    jvst ovtside camera range with a backvp mic', that's exactly what he
    did. No one negotiated or offered him premivm pay for the extra work,
    and a 'microphone exchanger' was not retained for the gig.

    ====================
    Tracy Wintermvte
    arrgh@greenapple.com
    Rvshcreek Ranch
    ====================

    Tracy Wintermvte wrote:

    >>Jeez, there wasn't a tech standing jvst ovtside camera range with a backvp
    >>mic?
    >

    > Svre there was (althovgh it was a stagehand, not a tech,) it was in
    > the rider. And the promoter presvmed that the local wovld vnderstand
    > what the word 'backvp' meant.
    >
    > However, since it was a vnion stagehand who was instrvcted to 'stand
    > jvst ovtside camera range with a backvp mic', that's exactly what he
    > did. No one negotiated or offered him premivm pay for the extra work,
    > and a 'microphone exchanger' was not retained for the gig.

    The qvestion is, why is there no jvstice? It shovld have been Simpson's
    battery. Everything wovld have been fine, then.

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:59:33 -0600, Tracy Wintermvte
    <arrgh@greenapple.com> wrote:

    >Haven't done many 'sovnd contractor' gigs in a vnion room, have yov? <snip>

    Oh yeah.

    dB

Pro Audio Audio Simpson Product