Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I'm replaying DD (never having finished it). I could search through a ton
of junk trying to find the manual but it is just so much easier to ask. How
does one use lockpicks? I've acquired many through my travels and would
like to know if they are of any use.

--

chuck

On that special day, Chuck, (vze4258n@verizon.net) said...

> How
> does one use lockpicks?

IIRC You activate the lockpick skill, right click, and left click on the
target. Take care to have some lockpicks in your inventory, though, or
it doesn't work.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

"Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in message
> On that special day, Chuck, (vze4258n@verizon.net) said...
>
>> How
>> does one use lockpicks?
>
> IIRC You activate the lockpick skill, right click, and left click on the
> target. Take care to have some lockpicks in your inventory, though, or
> it doesn't work.
>

> Gabriele Neukam
>
> Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de
>

> --
> Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
> just so, at no cost.

I'm going to guess then that it doesn't raise the lockpicking skill any. I
thought the skill let you do it and the lockpicks raise the skill. Guess
I've been doing it right, just had the wrong assumption.

thanks.

chuck

On that special day, Chuck, (vze4258n@verizon.net) said...

> I'm going to guess then that it doesn't raise the lockpicking skill any. I
> thought the skill let you do it and the lockpicks raise the skill.

Nope. You have to wait until your character has reached another level
and gets one more skill point to distribute, then place it into the
respective slot (up to level five). The magic skill however, don't need
to be developed this way. Go into the magic store at the market place,
and shop for books, which can be turned into magic skills.

IIRC, you can get one free skill point if you fail to do the lockpick
skill test in the Noble Man in Verdistis. But the NPC won't give you
another chance to win the test, so I did not risk it.