Restricted Area: Diablo II meets Fallout

Last response: in Video Games
March 7, 2005 3:41:49 AM

Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?

Jonah Falcon
March 7, 2005 3:41:50 AM

On 2005-03-07, Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
> post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?

I've heard of it but I haven't followed it. As it stands a lot of
so-called CRPGs are claiming to be a successor to Fallout just
because they're set in a post apocalyptic world. I don't buy
that. Fallout was more than just a theme or skin to put on a
Diablo clone.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 6:27:40 AM

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-03-07, Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
>> post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?
>
> I've heard of it but I haven't followed it. As it stands a lot of
> so-called CRPGs are claiming to be a successor to Fallout just
> because they're set in a post apocalyptic world. I don't buy
> that. Fallout was more than just a theme or skin to put on a
> Diablo clone.

I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a German
demo out.

Jonah Falcon
March 7, 2005 6:31:49 AM

Jonah Falcon wrote:
> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
>
>>On 2005-03-07, Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
>>>post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?
>>
>>I've heard of it but I haven't followed it. As it stands a lot of
>>so-called CRPGs are claiming to be a successor to Fallout just
>>because they're set in a post apocalyptic world. I don't buy
>>that. Fallout was more than just a theme or skin to put on a
>>Diablo clone.
>

> I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a German
> demo out.
>
> Jonah Falcon

Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.

I gurantee you more people here would prefer Fallout to D2.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 6:19:18 PM

"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Jonah Falcon wrote:
>> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

>>>I've heard of it but I haven't followed it. As it stands a lot of
>>>so-called CRPGs are claiming to be a successor to Fallout just
>>>because they're set in a post apocalyptic world. I don't buy
>>>that. Fallout was more than just a theme or skin to put on a
>>>Diablo clone.
>>

>> I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a
>> German demo out.
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>
> Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.

Fallout pales in comparison to Wasteland.

Jonah Falcon
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 9:26:58 PM

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
>post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?

Who wants to play a dumbed down graphical roguelike?
FAGS THAT'S WHO.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 9:26:59 PM

"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
news:D 1bo21d3a28or1p9oqigt0m842kqhlnia5@4ax.com...
> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
>>post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?
>
> Who wants to play a dumbed down graphical roguelike?
> FAGS THAT'S WHO.

Troll score: 2.3 (out of 10)

Unoriginal, lame, and kind of toothless. Try again some other time when you
have some actual originality and bitingness to your troll posting.

Jonah Falcon
March 7, 2005 10:19:34 PM

Thus spake GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au>, Mon, 07 Mar 2005 03:31:49 GMT,
Anno Domini:

>Jonah Falcon wrote:
>> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

>>>I've heard of it but I haven't followed it. As it stands a lot of
>>>so-called CRPGs are claiming to be a successor to Fallout just
>>>because they're set in a post apocalyptic world. I don't buy
>>>that. Fallout was more than just a theme or skin to put on a
>>>Diablo clone.
>>

>> I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a German
>> demo out.
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>>

>Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.
>
>I gurantee you more people here would prefer Fallout to D2.

I'd like both. But separately. With a nice pair of Danish 18-yr-old twins.
Is that really too much to ask for?

March 7, 2005 10:19:35 PM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:19:34 +1100, Nostromo
<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>Thus spake GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au>, Mon, 07 Mar 2005 03:31:49 GMT,
>Anno Domini:
>
>>Jonah Falcon wrote:
>>> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

>>> I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a German
>>> demo out.
>>>
>>> Jonah Falcon
>>>

>>Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.
>>
>>I gurantee you more people here would prefer Fallout to D2.
>
>I'd like both. But separately. With a nice pair of Danish 18-yr-old twins.
>Is that really too much to ask for?

No.

No, I don't think it is.

And what's with all the carrots ?
March 8, 2005 2:36:10 AM

Jonah Falcon wrote:
> "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>
>>Jonah Falcon wrote:
>>
>>>"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

>>>I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a
>>>German demo out.
>>>
>>>Jonah Falcon
>>
>>Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.
>

> Fallout pales in comparison to Wasteland.
>
> Jonah Falcon

Perhaps. Probably not as pretty though. ;)
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 2:23:35 PM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:19:18 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
<jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Fallout pales in comparison to Wasteland.
>
>Jonah Falcon

Fountain of Dreams rules them all. And who can forget Escape From
Hell - that would have been great if I didn't disqualify myself for
the win on the first encounter. Just being old doesn't make it good.

PBC

m.m.m.m.m.m.m....What was my e-mail address?
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:39:35 AM

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
>news:D 1bo21d3a28or1p9oqigt0m842kqhlnia5@4ax.com...
>> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>>Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
>>>post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?
>>
>> Who wants to play a dumbed down graphical roguelike?
>> FAGS THAT'S WHO.
>
>Troll score: 2.3 (out of 10)
>
>Unoriginal, lame, and kind of toothless. Try again some other time when you
>have some actual originality and bitingness to your troll posting.

YAY I SCORED!
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:39:38 AM

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Jonah Falcon wrote:
>>> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

>>> I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a
>>> German demo out.
>>>
>>> Jonah Falcon
>>
>> Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.
>
>Fallout pales in comparison to Wasteland.

Not in design.
Wasteland is kind of a pain in the ass.
!