Jonah Falcon
12 answers Last reply
More about restricted area diablo meets fallout

    On 2005-03-07, Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    > Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
    > post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?

    I've heard of it but I haven't followed it. As it stands a lot of
    so-called CRPGs are claiming to be a successor to Fallout just
    because they're set in a post apocalyptic world. I don't buy
    that. Fallout was more than just a theme or skin to put on a
    Diablo clone.

    "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
    > On 2005-03-07, Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >> Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
    >> post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?
    >
    > I've heard of it but I haven't followed it. As it stands a lot of
    > so-called CRPGs are claiming to be a successor to Fallout just
    > because they're set in a post apocalyptic world. I don't buy
    > that. Fallout was more than just a theme or skin to put on a
    > Diablo clone.

    I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a German
    demo out.

    Jonah Falcon

    Jonah Falcon wrote:
    > "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>On 2005-03-07, Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
    >>>post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?
    >>
    >>I've heard of it but I haven't followed it. As it stands a lot of
    >>so-called CRPGs are claiming to be a successor to Fallout just
    >>because they're set in a post apocalyptic world. I don't buy
    >>that. Fallout was more than just a theme or skin to put on a
    >>Diablo clone.
    >

    > I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a German
    > demo out.
    >
    > Jonah Falcon

    Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.

    I gurantee you more people here would prefer Fallout to D2.

    "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Jonah Falcon wrote:
    >> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

    >>>I've heard of it but I haven't followed it. As it stands a lot of
    >>>so-called CRPGs are claiming to be a successor to Fallout just
    >>>because they're set in a post apocalyptic world. I don't buy
    >>>that. Fallout was more than just a theme or skin to put on a
    >>>Diablo clone.
    >>

    >> I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a
    >> German demo out.
    >>
    >> Jonah Falcon
    >
    > Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.

    Fallout pales in comparison to Wasteland.

    Jonah Falcon

    "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
    >post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?

    Who wants to play a dumbed down graphical roguelike?
    FAGS THAT'S WHO.

    "Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
    > "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >>Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
    >>post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?
    >
    > Who wants to play a dumbed down graphical roguelike?
    > FAGS THAT'S WHO.

    Troll score: 2.3 (out of 10)

    Unoriginal, lame, and kind of toothless. Try again some other time when you
    have some actual originality and bitingness to your troll posting.

    Jonah Falcon

    Thus spake GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au>, Mon, 07 Mar 2005 03:31:49 GMT,
    Anno Domini:

    >Jonah Falcon wrote:
    >> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

    >>>I've heard of it but I haven't followed it. As it stands a lot of
    >>>so-called CRPGs are claiming to be a successor to Fallout just
    >>>because they're set in a post apocalyptic world. I don't buy
    >>>that. Fallout was more than just a theme or skin to put on a
    >>>Diablo clone.
    >>

    >> I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a German
    >> demo out.
    >>
    >> Jonah Falcon
    >>

    >Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.
    >
    >I gurantee you more people here would prefer Fallout to D2.

    I'd like both. But separately. With a nice pair of Danish 18-yr-old twins.
    Is that really too much to ask for?

    On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:19:34 +1100, Nostromo
    <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

    >Thus spake GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au>, Mon, 07 Mar 2005 03:31:49 GMT,
    >Anno Domini:
    >
    >>Jonah Falcon wrote:
    >>> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

    >>> I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a German
    >>> demo out.
    >>>
    >>> Jonah Falcon
    >>>

    >>Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.
    >>
    >>I gurantee you more people here would prefer Fallout to D2.
    >
    >I'd like both. But separately. With a nice pair of Danish 18-yr-old twins.
    >Is that really too much to ask for?

    No.

    No, I don't think it is.

    And what's with all the carrots ?

    Jonah Falcon wrote:
    > "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >
    >>Jonah Falcon wrote:
    >>
    >>>"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

    >>>I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a
    >>>German demo out.
    >>>
    >>>Jonah Falcon
    >>
    >>Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.
    >

    > Fallout pales in comparison to Wasteland.
    >
    > Jonah Falcon

    Perhaps. Probably not as pretty though. ;)
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:19:18 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
    <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >Fallout pales in comparison to Wasteland.
    >
    >Jonah Falcon

    Fountain of Dreams rules them all. And who can forget Escape From
    Hell - that would have been great if I didn't disqualify myself for
    the win on the first encounter. Just being old doesn't make it good.

    PBC

    m.m.m.m.m.m.m....What was my e-mail address?
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
    >> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >>>Anyone interested in Restricted Area, a Diablo II clone set in a
    >>>post-apocalyptic future similar to Wasteland and Fallout?
    >>
    >> Who wants to play a dumbed down graphical roguelike?
    >> FAGS THAT'S WHO.
    >
    >Troll score: 2.3 (out of 10)
    >
    >Unoriginal, lame, and kind of toothless. Try again some other time when you
    >have some actual originality and bitingness to your troll posting.

    YAY I SCORED!
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Jonah Falcon wrote:
    >>> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

    >>> I don't care about Fallout - I care about Diablo II. hehe There's a
    >>> German demo out.
    >>>
    >>> Jonah Falcon
    >>
    >> Bah. I don't care about Diablo II - I care about Fallout.
    >
    >Fallout pales in comparison to Wasteland.

    Not in design.
    Wasteland is kind of a pain in the ass.

PC gaming Diablo Fallout Video Games