Can't open door in Kuei Jin quest of Vampire Bloodlines

Hi. I'm having trouble opening the door in Ming Xao's temple where the
big water wheel is located in Bloodlines. I get to the door, and I see
a symbol to push the door, but when I do, nothing happens. I've
checked several walkthroughs, and see nothing that I have missed. It
simply says to go to the door and push the barricade aside. Can anyone
help me with this? Thanks.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-03-07, Unruley Canuck <yeah@right.com> wrote:
> Hi. I'm having trouble opening the door in Ming Xao's temple where the
> big water wheel is located in Bloodlines. I get to the door, and I see
> a symbol to push the door, but when I do, nothing happens. I've
> checked several walkthroughs, and see nothing that I have missed. It
> simply says to go to the door and push the barricade aside. Can anyone
> help me with this? Thanks.

You need to move your character physically to one of the handles
on the bars and to push it you need to move your character so the
body of your character PUSHES the door.

Yes, it's completely stupid. Good thing the developers of this
game went under.

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:11:26 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
wrote:

>On 2005-03-07, Unruley Canuck <yeah@right.com> wrote:
>> Hi. I'm having trouble opening the door in Ming Xao's temple where the
>> big water wheel is located in Bloodlines. I get to the door, and I see
>> a symbol to push the door, but when I do, nothing happens. I've
>> checked several walkthroughs, and see nothing that I have missed. It
>> simply says to go to the door and push the barricade aside. Can anyone
>> help me with this? Thanks.
>
>You need to move your character physically to one of the handles
>on the bars and to push it you need to move your character so the
>body of your character PUSHES the door.
>
>Yes, it's completely stupid. Good thing the developers of this
>game went under.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:19:49 GMT, Unruley Canuck <yeah@right.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:11:26 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On 2005-03-07, Unruley Canuck <yeah@right.com> wrote:
>>> Hi. I'm having trouble opening the door in Ming Xao's temple where the
>>> big water wheel is located in Bloodlines. I get to the door, and I see
>>> a symbol to push the door, but when I do, nothing happens. I've
>>> checked several walkthroughs, and see nothing that I have missed. It
>>> simply says to go to the door and push the barricade aside. Can anyone
>>> help me with this? Thanks.
>>
>>You need to move your character physically to one of the handles
>>on the bars and to push it you need to move your character so the
>>body of your character PUSHES the door.
>>
>>Yes, it's completely stupid. Good thing the developers of this
>>game went under.
>
>Thanks. I'll give that a try.

I gave up at this point, as I nothing I tried got the door to open...

And what's with all the carrots ?

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-03-07, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote:

> I gave up at this point, as I nothing I tried got the door to open...

Move your character to face the beam in a parralel fashion. Now
move toward one end of the door pushing the beam. The beam will
move with your character.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:38:59 +0000, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:19:49 GMT, Unruley Canuck <yeah@right.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:11:26 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
>>wrote:

>>>You need to move your character physically to one of the handles
>>>on the bars and to push it you need to move your character so the
>>>body of your character PUSHES the door.
>>>
>>>Yes, it's completely stupid. Good thing the developers of this
>>>game went under.
>>
>>Thanks. I'll give that a try.
>
>I gave up at this point, as I nothing I tried got the door to open...

You almost have to go forward while going sideways, to the right while
using the 'USE' key. They worked, but it was tricky.

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 01:02:46 GMT, Unruley Canuck <yeah@right.com> wrote:

>>I gave up at this point, as I nothing I tried got the door to open...
>
>You almost have to go forward while going sideways, to the right while
>using the 'USE' key. They worked, but it was tricky.

I couldn't open it the logical way. Then I just stood in the middle of
the doorway and grabbed the bar as if was an icon I was moving about my
desktop and slid it to the side.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:38:46 -0600, Michael Cecil
<macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 01:02:46 GMT, Unruley Canuck <yeah@right.com> wrote:
>
>>>I gave up at this point, as I nothing I tried got the door to open...
>>
>>You almost have to go forward while going sideways, to the right while
>>using the 'USE' key. They worked, but it was tricky.
>
>I couldn't open it the logical way. Then I just stood in the middle of
>the doorway and grabbed the bar as if was an icon I was moving about my
>desktop and slid it to the side.

Anyway you do it, it's still a pain in the ass! A major design flaw
that should have been addressed in the patch.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-03-08, Unruley Canuck <yeah@right.com> wrote:

> Anyway you do it, it's still a pain in the ass! A major design flaw
> that should have been addressed in the patch.

I don't think we'll see anymore patches. Troika layed off all its
employees and closed its doors.