Vampire - Bloodlines: Ming Must Die quest is really pissin..

Last response: in Video Games
March 7, 2005 4:38:47 AM

I tried, but I still can't open the barricaded door in the Ming must
Die quest. I tried pushing the bar from lots of different angles. if I
look at the bar, the push symbol comes up while the locked symbol
comes up if I just look at the door. I've tried pushing at it side-on,
head-on. I'm about ready to uninstall and throw this game away. I'm so
frustrated to get this far and to be stopped by this. How hard is it
to open a simple door?!
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 4:38:48 AM

Unruley Canuck wrote:
> I tried, but I still can't open the barricaded door in the Ming must
> Die quest. I tried pushing the bar from lots of different angles. if I
> look at the bar, the push symbol comes up while the locked symbol
> comes up if I just look at the door. I've tried pushing at it side-on,
> head-on. I'm about ready to uninstall and throw this game away. I'm so
> frustrated to get this far and to be stopped by this. How hard is it
> to open a simple door?!

I had a simila problem at a different point, and had to load and earlier
save game and play to that point again to fix it.

Try rebooting and reloading your game. It sounds like a glitch. The
game is generally very buggy.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 6:41:17 AM

Unruley Canuck wrote:
> I tried, but I still can't open the barricaded door in the Ming must
> Die quest. I tried pushing the bar from lots of different angles. if I
> look at the bar, the push symbol comes up while the locked symbol
> comes up if I just look at the door. I've tried pushing at it side-on,
> head-on. I'm about ready to uninstall and throw this game away. I'm so
> frustrated to get this far and to be stopped by this. How hard is it
> to open a simple door?!

Totally moronic bit of design, that. The "use" icon appears but doesn't
mean what it does in the rest of the game, breaking the 1st rule of user
interfaces...

Walk up to the handle sticking out of the bar, then walk so that you
push it to the right. If it doesn't move try saving once you are in
position and then reload, jump about a bit and curse.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 7:32:05 AM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 03:41:17 +0000, Cardinal Fang <fang@spam.me>
wrote:

>Unruley Canuck wrote:
>> I tried, but I still can't open the barricaded door in the Ming must
>> Die quest. I tried pushing the bar from lots of different angles. if I
>> look at the bar, the push symbol comes up while the locked symbol
>> comes up if I just look at the door. I've tried pushing at it side-on,
>> head-on. I'm about ready to uninstall and throw this game away. I'm so
>> frustrated to get this far and to be stopped by this. How hard is it
>> to open a simple door?!
>
>Totally moronic bit of design, that. The "use" icon appears but doesn't
>mean what it does in the rest of the game, breaking the 1st rule of user
>interfaces...
>
>Walk up to the handle sticking out of the bar, then walk so that you
>push it to the right. If it doesn't move try saving once you are in
>position and then reload, jump about a bit and curse.

I finally figured it out (I think). I simply went to the center, and
walked in a kind of angle to the right, holding the forward and use
keys. The beam started to move. Yay!
March 7, 2005 1:32:57 PM

> I've tried pushing at it side-on, head-on. I'm
> about ready to uninstall and throw this game away. I'm so
> frustrated to get this far and to be stopped by this. How
> hard is it to open a simple door?!

The door is probably just "stuck". I agree with the others - simply save and
reload your game. You won't need to use anything, just move unto the bar.

If everything fails, activate noclip and just move through it.
March 7, 2005 1:32:58 PM

On 2005-03-07, Hermann <hr_hesse@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I've tried pushing at it side-on, head-on. I'm
>> about ready to uninstall and throw this game away. I'm so
>> frustrated to get this far and to be stopped by this. How
>> hard is it to open a simple door?!
>
> The door is probably just "stuck". I agree with the others - simply save and
> reload your game. You won't need to use anything, just move unto the bar.
>
> If everything fails, activate noclip and just move through it.

This particular is not stuck. You need to physically push it with
your character.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 7:01:46 PM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:43:51 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
wrote:

>On 2005-03-07, Hermann <hr_hesse@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I've tried pushing at it side-on, head-on. I'm
>>> about ready to uninstall and throw this game away. I'm so
>>> frustrated to get this far and to be stopped by this. How
>>> hard is it to open a simple door?!
>>
>> The door is probably just "stuck". I agree with the others - simply save and
>> reload your game. You won't need to use anything, just move unto the bar.
>>
>> If everything fails, activate noclip and just move through it.
>>

>This particular is not stuck. You need to physically push it with
>your character.

And sometimes pushing on the handle doesn't work either. Just go to the
far left and push it from the end of the bar.

--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/&gt;

> This particular is not stuck. You need to physically push
> it with your character.

As unlikely as it sounds, the bar may get literally stuck, especially if
some of the fighting takes place near it. It's some kind of glitch, where
the bar is moved into the door, and can't be moved. A save/reload will
unstick it.

Also, the official response is that the door is not bugged, and the bar will
become moveable once the puzzle on the top level has been solved.
May 17, 2009 8:15:11 PM

What puzzle? All I saw were a ton of Kuei-jin to fight, all of which I killed.
!