Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

I'm assuming everyone who reads and participates in this thread
doesn't mind spoilers from the first two in the series...

In KOTOR2 Kreia talks at length about the outer regions and how
Revan went there to seek out the real threat and the mysteries of
the so-called Sith. She describes Revan as a character with a
destiny that transcends whether he is light or dark. He is so
strong in the Force he saves the republic not once but
twice.

He reminds me of Nietzsche's Superman. One who transcends mere
morality and, whether he cares or not, is able to cause real
change in his world unlike the peon who never can.

Revan is after the real war. I don't have her exact quote but she
says something along the lines of: the real war will not be
fought with droids and space ships. It will be fought, she
continues, in hearts and minds.

It's hinted at the end that the Exile (the General) will likely
follow Revan and join the real war. In the cut out ending the
Exile orders her companions (Disciple I think?) to stay and train
others for what is to come.

Darth Sion also hints to it: "... and one broken Jedi cannot stop
the darkness that is to come." I don't think he's referring to
himself. He seems to broken when you meet him for the final
confrontation.

Something tells me this is all foreshadowing for the real sequel,
KOTOR3, where you play a character who will face the real
threat. Lightsabres, force powers, and droids won't matter. In
this sequel I don't picture encountering the Exile or
Revan. Their story is complete or mostly complete.

I imagine you will play a Padawan in a new Jedi Order led by
either the Handmaiden or Disciple (or both) with Carth and
Bastilla returning as much older characters who have always known
the real threat was to come.

Bastilla, if you pick LS male ending for KOTOR1, will ask Carth
"does he know?" after your meeting with Carth. I think they're
eluding to the real threat that is to come.

> Bastilla, if you pick LS male ending for KOTOR1, will ask Carth
> "does he know?" after your meeting with Carth. I think they're
> eluding to the real threat that is to come.

Considering that Bioware had no sequel in mind when working
on KOTOR, that is doubtful :)

-Mickmils

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-03-08, Mils Michael <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Bastilla, if you pick LS male ending for KOTOR1, will ask Carth
>> "does he know?" after your meeting with Carth. I think they're
>> eluding to the real threat that is to come.
>
> Considering that Bioware had no sequel in mind when working
> on KOTOR, that is doubtful :)

This happens in KOTOR2. you pick the LS male ending in KOTOR1 for
what happened in the original KOTOR. She steps out of the shadows
after you meet with Carth and says "Do you think he knows?"

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-03-08, Mils Michael <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Bastilla, if you pick LS male ending for KOTOR1, will ask Carth
>>> "does he know?" after your meeting with Carth. I think they're
>>> eluding to the real threat that is to come.
>>
>> Considering that Bioware had no sequel in mind when working
>> on KOTOR, that is doubtful :)
>
> This happens in KOTOR2. you pick the LS male ending in KOTOR1 for
> what happened in the original KOTOR. She steps out of the shadows
> after you meet with Carth and says "Do you think he knows?"

Perhaps its the Yuuzan Vong ;)

Mils Michael in <d0l3pd$abu$1@news.tiscali.fr>:

> > Bastilla, if you pick LS male ending for KOTOR1, will ask Carth
> > "does he know?" after your meeting with Carth. I think they're
> > eluding to the real threat that is to come.
>
> Considering that Bioware had no sequel in mind when working
> on KOTOR, that is doubtful :)

Considering that the work on KotOR 2 was begun while Bioware were working
on the original KotOR, that is doubtful. :) They sure had at least enough
time to slip in a sneaky line or two.

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:
>Something tells me this is all foreshadowing for the real sequel,
>KOTOR3, where you play a character who will face the real
>threat.

Heh. To me the whole game felt like foreshadowing. Middle part of a trilogy.
It's quite obviously paving way for the sequel. I've seen lots of complains
about that, but to me they seem baseless... Sure, KOTOR 2 left a lot of loose
ends hanging, but if all the unanswered questions had been answered, there
would've been no point in making a sequel. -_-;

>Lightsabres, force powers, and droids won't matter. In this sequel I don't
>picture encountering the Exile or Revan. Their story is complete or mostly complete.

Not sure of that part about the droids. Kreia does predict that the exile will
go on one more journey with T3-M4. Some thought that she meant the remote, but
come on -- it's not even a proper droid, and it pretty obviously was destroyed
at the end; when Kreia mentioned small droid that is waiting for Exile, she
meant T3-M4. It will guide the Exile to where Revan went, and we will no doubt
see it in KOTOR 3. ;)

....and I'm pretty sure that Revan and Exile will play some role in the sequel,
too -- though possibly as corpses. -_-;