Building a video capture box, help.

Horizon

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2001
Well here is what I am trying to do, I play a few online games one being Everquest. I would like to be able to record gameplay from that into some kind of movie format. That vauge enough for you? =P

What I was thinking about what taking one of my older boxes that isn't used anymore (p3 850mhz, 256meg ram, running win98) and buying a new video card for it that could capture from my main box (2 athalon 1800mp, 1024 meg ram, gforce4 ti5500, running winxp). I am not sure my Geforce has the capability to hook up to another card though, I have yet to research it.

If anyone has done somthing like this I would be interested to hear your ideas and what has/hasn't worked. Thanks for your time, I hope I can get this up and running soon.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can run video out from one computer into another, no problems there. I've done all kinds of things, and they all worked. Is that a general enough answer for your vague question?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

14Dx

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
you will probally have better quality and smoother if you hook up your gf4ti5500 (wtf is that? such a card does not exsist) to a vcr. Otherwise buy a capture card with S-Video in.

If its not broken, you're not trying hard enough.