Hi :) 

WHICH os and specs ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 395 $ Windows 7
June 4, 2012 4:43:07 PM

What type of files?Are you talking about the OS too?
m
l
Related resources
June 4, 2012 4:43:56 PM

I am not to comp sava.I dont even know os and specs
m
l
June 4, 2012 4:54:43 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
What type of files?Are you talking about the OS too?

All my files from my old tower to my new tower.This is just a home computer
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 4, 2012 4:56:46 PM

not sure what os your old pc has but go to this site http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/fe...
download the correct software for you old os. this will collect all you old files settings .pst's and Customisations.
it will ask you how you would like to transfer them i would suggest a thumb drive.
now take the thumb drive to your new pc and click start > all programs > accessories >system tools > windows easy transfer

suggestion when you save the file to your thumb drive create a folder and put it in that, every now and then if screws up if it is not in a folder and wants to save or restore the files from floppy disks.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 4, 2012 5:00:22 PM

Do you mean just the pictures, music, word docs, etc or Windows and everything?

Do you have a home router? If so, you connect both systems and share the old hard drive them copy them over.

If not, you can copy to a portable hard drive then connect to the new PC and copy to there. If you can't afford a portable drive, you can unplug the old drive, plug it into the new system (if the new one has the same connectors), and copy off. OR, you can buy a "USB-to-whatever kind of old drive you have" cable so you don't have to open the new case and risk damaging anything.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 4, 2012 5:01:53 PM

not sure of your os you can press the windows key + pause/break at the same time and let go and a window will open that will display the os or click start and type
msinfo32 into the runbox
m
l
June 4, 2012 5:06:46 PM

Thank you so much.Will try that
m
l
!