REQ: E815 Driver for W2K

Last response: in Brands
July 23, 2005 10:48:45 PM

Can someone pls point me to a site to download the Moto E815 driver
for Win 2000? I can't fond it on Howards or the Moto site

Thanks

More about : req e815 driver w2k

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 2:32:44 AM

I think the E815Drivers.zip file:

http://saturn.spaceports.com/~djap32/E815Drivers.zip

in the HoFo thread:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=674803

contains both XP and 2000 drivers. I think the Windows 2000 "driver"
is little more than a .inf file, specifically USBMOT2000.INF.

I have just ordered the phone myself and am getting ready.

Phil

"Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
> Can someone pls point me to a site to download the Moto E815 driver
> for Win 2000? I can't fond it on Howards or the Moto site
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:49:27 PM

Thanks I have downloaded both and neither will install.

Has anyone installed the w2k drivers?

Thanks
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:32:44 -0400, "Philip K"
<wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:

>I think the E815Drivers.zip file:
>
>http://saturn.spaceports.com/~djap32/E815Drivers.zip
>
>in the HoFo thread:
>
>http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=674803
>
>contains both XP and 2000 drivers. I think the Windows 2000 "driver"
>is little more than a .inf file, specifically USBMOT2000.INF.
>
>I have just ordered the phone myself and am getting ready.
>
>Phil
>
>"Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> Can someone pls point me to a site to download the Moto E815 driver
>> for Win 2000? I can't fond it on Howards or the Moto site
>>
>> Thanks

July 24, 2005 5:30:13 PM

Just curious -- how are you attemping to install them? The prescribed way is
to cable up the phone and let the new device dialog appear, then browse over
to the driver .inf and punch it.

> Thanks I have downloaded both and neither will install.
>
> Has anyone installed the w2k drivers?
>
> Thanks
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:32:44 -0400, "Philip K"
> <wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 8:42:03 PM

I've tried installing a few ways... Letting Moto Tools walk me thru it
and also just plugging it in. In both cases when I point to the
driver, the installation reverts back to c:\winnt\inf and a screen
flashes then I get a dialog box telling me something about not finding
the correct driver. I can not freeze the screen (because I don't know
how)

I have gone into devices and tried to update the drive and the end
result is the same.

Funny thing is, I get two unknow devices when I plug the phone in.

Just so you know, I am ablle to get things working on a XP system, so
I do have some (not much) smarts on how to install things.

Nelson.
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:30:13 -0400, "Philip K"
<wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:

>Just curious -- how are you attemping to install them? The prescribed way is
>to cable up the phone and let the new device dialog appear, then browse over
>to the driver .inf and punch it.
>
>"Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks I have downloaded both and neither will install.
>>
>> Has anyone installed the w2k drivers?
>>
>> Thanks
>> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:32:44 -0400, "Philip K"
>> <wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 8:54:08 PM

The phone is recognized on my XP system, I can't get my Y2K system to
recognize it. I have tried installing it via MPT and just letting the
device manager install it. No luck either way. The phone actually
creates two "unknow n devices" in my device manager. When I attempt
to update the driver, I get the same result as when the bnew devizce
is first detected. I point the installation to the path where the 815
drivers are and I click ok,. The installation program reverts to
c:\winnt\inf , flashes something in the dialog box (too fast and I
don't know how to freeze the frame) and the program tells me that it
can not find the approprate driver. I then have the option of
disabling the device or trying again.

Any ideas?

System info:
p866
Win 2k
devices:
two ide hard drives
1 ide zip drive
1 ide dvd r/w
1 scsi cd rom
1 scsi cd-rw
1 usb 2.0 hub - I am connecting the phone to the hub

Devices on the hub:
scanner,
printer
ipod

Thanks

NelsonOn Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:42:03 -0400, Nelson Wilbury
<nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote:

>I've tried installing a few ways... Letting Moto Tools walk me thru it
>and also just plugging it in. In both cases when I point to the
>driver, the installation reverts back to c:\winnt\inf and a screen
>flashes then I get a dialog box telling me something about not finding
>the correct driver. I can not freeze the screen (because I don't know
>how)
>
>I have gone into devices and tried to update the drive and the end
>result is the same.
>
>Funny thing is, I get two unknow devices when I plug the phone in.
>
>Just so you know, I am ablle to get things working on a XP system, so
>I do have some (not much) smarts on how to install things.
>
>Nelson.
>On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:30:13 -0400, "Philip K"
><wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:
>
>>Just curious -- how are you attemping to install them? The prescribed way is
>>to cable up the phone and let the new device dialog appear, then browse over
>>to the driver .inf and punch it.
>>
>>"Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
>>> Thanks I have downloaded both and neither will install.
>>>
>>> Has anyone installed the w2k drivers?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:32:44 -0400, "Philip K"
>>> <wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 9:07:47 PM

> The phone is recognized on my XP system, I can't get my Y2K system to
> recognize it. I have tried installing it via MPT and just letting the
> device manager install it. No luck either way. The phone actually
> creates two "unknow n devices" in my device manager. When I attempt
> to update the driver, I get the same result as when the bnew devizce
> is first detected. I point the installation to the path where the 815
> drivers are and I click ok,. The installation program reverts to
> c:\winnt\inf , flashes something in the dialog box (too fast and I
> don't know how to freeze the frame) and the program tells me that it
> can not find the approprate driver. I then have the option of
> disabling the device or trying again.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> System info:
> p866
> Win 2k
> devices:
> two ide hard drives
> 1 ide zip drive
> 1 ide dvd r/w
> 1 scsi cd rom
> 1 scsi cd-rw
> 1 usb 2.0 hub - I am connecting the phone to the hub
>
> Devices on the hub:
> scanner,
> printer
> ipod
>
> Thanks

I have neither the phone nor the cable yet, but I will start working on this hand-on next week some
time.
I am fairly certain that W2K can be used successfully, but the devil is in the details. Please
post the
same question over at Howards and see if you can get someone to respond. Can you link in the
thread
here if you do post the question so I can follow? Thanks.

Phil
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:16:40 AM

Here is the link.