REQ: E815 Driver for W2K

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Can someone pls point me to a site to download the Moto E815 driver
for Win 2000? I can't fond it on Howards or the Moto site

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about e815 driver
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    I think the E815Drivers.zip file:

    http://saturn.spaceports.com/~djap32/E815Drivers.zip

    in the HoFo thread:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=674803

    contains both XP and 2000 drivers. I think the Windows 2000 "driver"
    is little more than a .inf file, specifically USBMOT2000.INF.

    I have just ordered the phone myself and am getting ready.

    Phil

    "Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
    news:v9i5e1hnf2kon3a18hau4vono0hj7nrp4d@4ax.com...
    > Can someone pls point me to a site to download the Moto E815 driver
    > for Win 2000? I can't fond it on Howards or the Moto site
    >
    > Thanks
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Thanks I have downloaded both and neither will install.

    Has anyone installed the w2k drivers?

    Thanks
    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:32:44 -0400, "Philip K"
    <wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:

    >I think the E815Drivers.zip file:
    >
    >http://saturn.spaceports.com/~djap32/E815Drivers.zip
    >
    >in the HoFo thread:
    >
    >http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=674803
    >
    >contains both XP and 2000 drivers. I think the Windows 2000 "driver"
    >is little more than a .inf file, specifically USBMOT2000.INF.
    >
    >I have just ordered the phone myself and am getting ready.
    >
    >Phil
    >
    >"Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >news:v9i5e1hnf2kon3a18hau4vono0hj7nrp4d@4ax.com...
    >> Can someone pls point me to a site to download the Moto E815 driver
    >> for Win 2000? I can't fond it on Howards or the Moto site
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Just curious -- how are you attemping to install them? The prescribed way is
    to cable up the phone and let the new device dialog appear, then browse over
    to the driver .inf and punch it.

    "Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
    news:5177e11tdjif2gr606hr4holgu6f74ft9k@4ax.com...
    > Thanks I have downloaded both and neither will install.
    >
    > Has anyone installed the w2k drivers?
    >
    > Thanks
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:32:44 -0400, "Philip K"
    > <wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    I've tried installing a few ways... Letting Moto Tools walk me thru it
    and also just plugging it in. In both cases when I point to the
    driver, the installation reverts back to c:\winnt\inf and a screen
    flashes then I get a dialog box telling me something about not finding
    the correct driver. I can not freeze the screen (because I don't know
    how)

    I have gone into devices and tried to update the drive and the end
    result is the same.

    Funny thing is, I get two unknow devices when I plug the phone in.

    Just so you know, I am ablle to get things working on a XP system, so
    I do have some (not much) smarts on how to install things.

    Nelson.
    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:30:13 -0400, "Philip K"
    <wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:

    >Just curious -- how are you attemping to install them? The prescribed way is
    >to cable up the phone and let the new device dialog appear, then browse over
    >to the driver .inf and punch it.
    >
    >"Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >news:5177e11tdjif2gr606hr4holgu6f74ft9k@4ax.com...
    >> Thanks I have downloaded both and neither will install.
    >>
    >> Has anyone installed the w2k drivers?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:32:44 -0400, "Philip K"
    >> <wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:
    >
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    The phone is recognized on my XP system, I can't get my Y2K system to
    recognize it. I have tried installing it via MPT and just letting the
    device manager install it. No luck either way. The phone actually
    creates two "unknow n devices" in my device manager. When I attempt
    to update the driver, I get the same result as when the bnew devizce
    is first detected. I point the installation to the path where the 815
    drivers are and I click ok,. The installation program reverts to
    c:\winnt\inf , flashes something in the dialog box (too fast and I
    don't know how to freeze the frame) and the program tells me that it
    can not find the approprate driver. I then have the option of
    disabling the device or trying again.

    Any ideas?

    System info:
    p866
    Win 2k
    devices:
    two ide hard drives
    1 ide zip drive
    1 ide dvd r/w
    1 scsi cd rom
    1 scsi cd-rw
    1 usb 2.0 hub - I am connecting the phone to the hub

    Devices on the hub:
    scanner,
    printer
    ipod

    Thanks

    NelsonOn Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:42:03 -0400, Nelson Wilbury
    <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote:

    >I've tried installing a few ways... Letting Moto Tools walk me thru it
    >and also just plugging it in. In both cases when I point to the
    >driver, the installation reverts back to c:\winnt\inf and a screen
    >flashes then I get a dialog box telling me something about not finding
    >the correct driver. I can not freeze the screen (because I don't know
    >how)
    >
    >I have gone into devices and tried to update the drive and the end
    >result is the same.
    >
    >Funny thing is, I get two unknow devices when I plug the phone in.
    >
    >Just so you know, I am ablle to get things working on a XP system, so
    >I do have some (not much) smarts on how to install things.
    >
    >Nelson.
    >On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:30:13 -0400, "Philip K"
    ><wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Just curious -- how are you attemping to install them? The prescribed way is
    >>to cable up the phone and let the new device dialog appear, then browse over
    >>to the driver .inf and punch it.
    >>
    >>"Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >>news:5177e11tdjif2gr606hr4holgu6f74ft9k@4ax.com...
    >>> Thanks I have downloaded both and neither will install.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone installed the w2k drivers?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:32:44 -0400, "Philip K"
    >>> <wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:
    >>
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    "Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
    news:9vv7e19crsir14b1haao3sggeu56vsbdth@4ax.com...
    > The phone is recognized on my XP system, I can't get my Y2K system to
    > recognize it. I have tried installing it via MPT and just letting the
    > device manager install it. No luck either way. The phone actually
    > creates two "unknow n devices" in my device manager. When I attempt
    > to update the driver, I get the same result as when the bnew devizce
    > is first detected. I point the installation to the path where the 815
    > drivers are and I click ok,. The installation program reverts to
    > c:\winnt\inf , flashes something in the dialog box (too fast and I
    > don't know how to freeze the frame) and the program tells me that it
    > can not find the approprate driver. I then have the option of
    > disabling the device or trying again.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > System info:
    > p866
    > Win 2k
    > devices:
    > two ide hard drives
    > 1 ide zip drive
    > 1 ide dvd r/w
    > 1 scsi cd rom
    > 1 scsi cd-rw
    > 1 usb 2.0 hub - I am connecting the phone to the hub
    >
    > Devices on the hub:
    > scanner,
    > printer
    > ipod
    >
    > Thanks

    I have neither the phone nor the cable yet, but I will start working on this hand-on next week some
    time.
    I am fairly certain that W2K can be used successfully, but the devil is in the details. Please
    post the
    same question over at Howards and see if you can get someone to respond. Can you link in the
    thread
    here if you do post the question so I can follow? Thanks.

    Phil
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Here is the link.

    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38#On Sun, 24 Jul 2005
    17:07:47 -0400, "Philip K" <wryboy@y-a-h-o-o-REMOVE-DASHES.com> wrote:

    >
    >"Nelson Wilbury" <nelsonwilbury_nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >news:9vv7e19crsir14b1haao3sggeu56vsbdth@4ax.com...
    >> The phone is recognized on my XP system, I can't get my Y2K system to
    >> recognize it. I have tried installing it via MPT and just letting the
    >> device manager install it. No luck either way. The phone actually
    >> creates two "unknow n devices" in my device manager. When I attempt
    >> to update the driver, I get the same result as when the bnew devizce
    >> is first detected. I point the installation to the path where the 815
    >> drivers are and I click ok,. The installation program reverts to
    >> c:\winnt\inf , flashes something in the dialog box (too fast and I
    >> don't know how to freeze the frame) and the program tells me that it
    >> can not find the approprate driver. I then have the option of
    >> disabling the device or trying again.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> System info:
    >> p866
    >> Win 2k
    >> devices:
    >> two ide hard drives
    >> 1 ide zip drive
    >> 1 ide dvd r/w
    >> 1 scsi cd rom
    >> 1 scsi cd-rw
    >> 1 usb 2.0 hub - I am connecting the phone to the hub
    >>
    >> Devices on the hub:
    >> scanner,
    >> printer
    >> ipod
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >
    >I have neither the phone nor the cable yet, but I will start working on this hand-on next week some
    >time.
    >I am fairly certain that W2K can be used successfully, but the devil is in the details. Please
    >post the
    >same question over at Howards and see if you can get someone to respond. Can you link in the
    >thread
    >here if you do post the question so I can follow? Thanks.
    >
    >Phil
    >
Ask a new question

Read More

Motorola Download