Problems with internet on windows 7

DimeDogg

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Hey guys about year ago I decided to build my own system and have been problems with the internet ever since, seems like I have tried everything but nothing seems to be working.

ok so here is the problem, I will be using the computer and it always stops working after some time, sometimes a few days, sometimes a few hours and sometimes even minutes, I don't know what to do but it's driving me mad!

What happens is I get the "limited connectivity" symbol, the triangle with the exclamation mark in the middle. When I try to diagnose it will tell me it is a problem with the router and it is not getting any internet, anyway after a while the internet will start working again, or sometimes I will have to restart the system but even then sometimes it will not work!!

Someone please give me some suggestions I have searched forums all over the internet and no one seems to have a solution to this problem, appreciate your time and thanks in advance :)

DimeDogg

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Sorry just to clarify, it is not a problem with the router as it is working with all other devices in the house, also my wireless adapter is working find as I changed it as I thought that was the problem at first but obviously not as the problem still persists!

DimeDogg

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
specs:

Intel core i7 950
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
Corsair Vengeance 6GB DDR3 1600 MHz 1.50v 8-8-8-24
CPU cooler-stock
1GB Sapphire HD 6870 Toxic, 4600MHz GDDR5, GPU 970MHz, 1120 Stream Processors
850W Corsair TX850 V2
samsung F3 spinpoint 1TB
Cooler master HAF 922