query on speed of wav files and transferring between diffe..

Last response: in Home Audio
January 6, 2005 3:10:14 PM

I've been using the ZOOM PS04 to record my guitar playing, primarily
as a learning tool
(see
http://ranchjp.home.mchsi.com/JerrysWorld/Experiencewit...)

One aspect of this tool is that we can retrieve the tracks recorded on
the PS04 (in their format) to a WAV, send them off to someone else
with the PS04, and then theoretically import tracks into a PS04 and
add tracks.

The problem is, when I acquire a wav file from a friend, and upload
into my PS04 to add a track, it is about half speed.

So what parameters do I need to change to my wav to adjust this speed
issue?

Or do you think this is an issue with the PS04 itself

Thanks
Jerry
January 6, 2005 3:32:41 PM

It is not saved as a "windows wave" file.
It is saved as a 16 bit linear PCM wave file with a sample rate of 31.25
kHz.

Open the file as a PCM and set those values and you should be ok.

When you receive a file from a friend import it to your DAW and convert to
those values before putting it on your chip.

Rich

"Jerome Ranch" <ranchjp@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> I've been using the ZOOM PS04 to record my guitar playing, primarily
> as a learning tool
> (see
> http://ranchjp.home.mchsi.com/JerrysWorld/Experiencewit...)
>
> One aspect of this tool is that we can retrieve the tracks recorded on
> the PS04 (in their format) to a WAV, send them off to someone else
> with the PS04, and then theoretically import tracks into a PS04 and
> add tracks.
>
> The problem is, when I acquire a wav file from a friend, and upload
> into my PS04 to add a track, it is about half speed.
>
> So what parameters do I need to change to my wav to adjust this speed
> issue?
>
> Or do you think this is an issue with the PS04 itself
>

> Thanks
> Jerry
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 3:50:33 PM

I assume 32 is close enough
anyway it worked
thanks a bunch Rich

BTW can you direct me to a good FAQ to explain what sampling freq etc
is in digital audio files. I need to learn this stuff
Thanks
Jerry

!