l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
How do you reformat the entire system using Windows XP? It was easy to do with Windows 95 and such, but I can't seem to figure it out with XP. My comp is cluttered with useless stuff and I just want a fresh new install of XP. Thanks for helping a newbie out.
How can my feet smell if it doesn't have a nose?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by l3um on 01/23/03 05:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
When you go to do a new install from the CD, you'll get an option to reformat that partition in the setup menu.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
I must've not catch that or something. I'll check once again.

How can my feet smell if it doesn't have a nose?

l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
Nope there isn't an option to reformat the system drive in XP Hom Edition. When I reinstalled Windows my old files were still there. I want a completely new and fresh harddrive, and XP isn't making it easy. Any more help please?

How can my feet smell if it doesn't have a nose?

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
remove the partition where your stuff used to be, repartition it and then it's all clean

<b><font color=blue>Press 1 if you want to be on hold, 2 for disconnect, 3 for a representative who will put you on hold before disconnecting.</font color=blue></b>