  • RPG
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
March 13, 2005 9:13:44 PM

Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?

More about : eve online

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 11:13:28 PM

"mike allegretto" <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?

No one really talks about it here.. I recommend
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 11:57:15 PM

mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> once tried to test me with:

> Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?

Sort of. We do like to bash it here. Apparently.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
March 13, 2005 11:59:05 PM

On 13 Mar 2005 20:57:15 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

>mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> once tried to test me with:
>
>> Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?
>
>Sort of. We do like to bash it here. Apparently.

bash? it seems to be a very pretty involved game. not like EQ but
still nice in its own way. What don't you like about it?
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 2:51:59 AM

>> Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?

> No one really talks about it here.. I recommend
> comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim

EVE-Onine is a mmorpg just as any other mmorpg, its not a SPACE SIM. This
group does fine for talk about EVE-Online or any other mmorpg tbh.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 2:54:33 AM

>>Sort of. We do like to bash it here. Apparently.

> bash? it seems to be a very pretty involved game. not like EQ but
> still nice in its own way. What don't you like about it?

EVE-Online make use of a skill training system that goes on 24/7 even you
play the game or not. You dont level up in any way by bashing mobs for
experience. And that is the biggest reason why many simpletons (hehe),
doesnt like EVE. If you want to start play EVE, you really should look at it
like a long time gaming project.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 3:57:25 AM

Thusly mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> Spake Unto All:

>Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?

Given that most here, or at least the most vocal, are WoW fans and so
more or less by necessity EVE haters... doubtful. Isn't there a
webforum you could go to? Or perhaps the space-sim group? I think
you'll get mostly abuse here...

--
"Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
-- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:

> It's a scam as everyone who has ever played Eve knows.

Plz show us on this doll where CCP touched you.

It's just a different way of implementing advancement. Don't fear
change, Luddite.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:21:28 PM

"Erland Andreassen" <wsg@-nospam-lways.online.no> writes:

> many simpletons

Well, that would be just "shadow". Noone else seem to attack it much.

If I were to "attack" it it would be for the lack of "game" there, too
much "set a destination, go read a book" travel or "start mining, read
a book". The more interesting bit I found when I played was to hunt
NPC pirates, that had some variety and interactivity.

But I acknowledge that it first and foremost is an economy sim.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 2:04:49 PM

"> It's a scam as everyone who has ever played Eve knows. Your
> character progresses based on time which can be spent
> off-line. You will never be as good as anyone else who has paid
> the devs longer than you.

You have no friggin clue what so ever about EVE which is quite obvious.

> It, currently, takes an IQ over about 90 to comprehend
> this. That's why only Eve On-line 14k accounts. 10k of them are
> dups by people sitting at home with mom upping a "character" over
> the next year.

The last figured I heard was 55+ subscribers. Your numbers are wrong.
Did you give it a try for 14 days and someone ganked you in low sec space or
something?
Did someone hurt your boo boo? Did they make you cry? *rolleyes*
March 14, 2005 2:04:50 PM

On 2005-03-14, Erland Andreassen <wsg@-nospam-lways.online.no> wrote:

> The last figured I heard was 55+ subscribers. Your numbers are wrong.
> Did you give it a try for 14 days and someone ganked you in low sec space or
> something?
> Did someone hurt your boo boo? Did they make you cry? *rolleyes*

Played for a couple of months since launch. You know the beta
days when they didn't have any content in the game? Well they
still don't.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 8:40:48 PM

">> The last figured I heard was 55k+ subscribers. Your numbers are wrong.
>> Did you give it a try for 14 days and someone ganked you in low sec space
>> or
>> something?
>> Did someone hurt your boo boo? Did they make you cry? *rolleyes*
>
> Played for a couple of months since launch. You know the beta
> days when they didn't have any content in the game? Well they
> still don't.

Well, if you don't like the game, fine, find something else to occupie your
time with. But there
is many that actually like to play EVE regardless of your views tbh.

NOTE: If you played a couple months since launch, then you wouldnt have a
clue about what it is today
compared to back then, unless you played it.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 12:58:38 AM

Time for a bigger monitor? lol
I'm having trouble finding a mmorpg I like well enough to play more
than a couple months.
Is the demo still available?
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 2:35:04 AM

In message <h9g9311usp7krenq8kdhvtkt4cq93njl54@4ax.com>, Mean_Chlorine
<mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> writes
>Thusly mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> Spake Unto All:
>
>>Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?
>
>Given that most here, or at least the most vocal, are WoW fans and so
>more or less by necessity EVE haters... doubtful. Isn't there a
>webforum you could go to? Or perhaps the space-sim group? I think
>you'll get mostly abuse here...

I asked this question on the space-sim group and got a good long useful
answer (as well as a couple of the usual smart Alecs). The thread should
still be around, or Google it.
--
John Secker
!