EVE Online?

Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?
13 answers Last reply
More about online

    "mike allegretto" <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?

    No one really talks about it here.. I recommend
    comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim

    mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> once tried to test me with:

    > Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?

    Sort of. We do like to bash it here. Apparently.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    On 13 Mar 2005 20:57:15 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

    >mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> once tried to test me with:
    >
    >> Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?
    >
    >Sort of. We do like to bash it here. Apparently.

    bash? it seems to be a very pretty involved game. not like EQ but
    still nice in its own way. What don't you like about it?

    >> Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?

    > No one really talks about it here.. I recommend
    > comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim

    EVE-Onine is a mmorpg just as any other mmorpg, its not a SPACE SIM. This
    group does fine for talk about EVE-Online or any other mmorpg tbh.

    >>Sort of. We do like to bash it here. Apparently.

    > bash? it seems to be a very pretty involved game. not like EQ but
    > still nice in its own way. What don't you like about it?

    EVE-Online make use of a skill training system that goes on 24/7 even you
    play the game or not. You dont level up in any way by bashing mobs for
    experience. And that is the biggest reason why many simpletons (hehe),
    doesnt like EVE. If you want to start play EVE, you really should look at it
    like a long time gaming project.

    Thusly mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> Spake Unto All:

    >Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?

    Given that most here, or at least the most vocal, are WoW fans and so
    more or less by necessity EVE haters... doubtful. Isn't there a
    webforum you could go to? Or perhaps the space-sim group? I think
    you'll get mostly abuse here...

    --
    "Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
    -- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

    shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:

    > It's a scam as everyone who has ever played Eve knows.

    Plz show us on this doll where CCP touched you.

    It's just a different way of implementing advancement. Don't fear
    change, Luddite.

    "Erland Andreassen" <wsg@-nospam-lways.online.no> writes:

    > many simpletons

    Well, that would be just "shadow". Noone else seem to attack it much.

    If I were to "attack" it it would be for the lack of "game" there, too
    much "set a destination, go read a book" travel or "start mining, read
    a book". The more interesting bit I found when I played was to hunt
    NPC pirates, that had some variety and interactivity.

    But I acknowledge that it first and foremost is an economy sim.

    "> It's a scam as everyone who has ever played Eve knows. Your
    > character progresses based on time which can be spent
    > off-line. You will never be as good as anyone else who has paid
    > the devs longer than you.

    You have no friggin clue what so ever about EVE which is quite obvious.

    > It, currently, takes an IQ over about 90 to comprehend
    > this. That's why only Eve On-line 14k accounts. 10k of them are
    > dups by people sitting at home with mom upping a "character" over
    > the next year.

    The last figured I heard was 55+ subscribers. Your numbers are wrong.
    Did you give it a try for 14 days and someone ganked you in low sec space or
    something?
    Did someone hurt your boo boo? Did they make you cry? *rolleyes*
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 2005-03-14, Erland Andreassen <wsg@-nospam-lways.online.no> wrote:

    > The last figured I heard was 55+ subscribers. Your numbers are wrong.
    > Did you give it a try for 14 days and someone ganked you in low sec space or
    > something?
    > Did someone hurt your boo boo? Did they make you cry? *rolleyes*

    Played for a couple of months since launch. You know the beta
    days when they didn't have any content in the game? Well they
    still don't.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    ">> The last figured I heard was 55k+ subscribers. Your numbers are wrong.
    >> Did you give it a try for 14 days and someone ganked you in low sec space
    >> or
    >> something?
    >> Did someone hurt your boo boo? Did they make you cry? *rolleyes*
    >
    > Played for a couple of months since launch. You know the beta
    > days when they didn't have any content in the game? Well they
    > still don't.

    Well, if you don't like the game, fine, find something else to occupie your
    time with. But there
    is many that actually like to play EVE regardless of your views tbh.

    NOTE: If you played a couple months since launch, then you wouldnt have a
    clue about what it is today
    compared to back then, unless you played it.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Time for a bigger monitor? lol
    I'm having trouble finding a mmorpg I like well enough to play more
    than a couple months.
    Is the demo still available?
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    In message <h9g9311usp7krenq8kdhvtkt4cq93njl54@4ax.com>, Mean_Chlorine
    <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> writes
    >Thusly mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> Spake Unto All:
    >
    >>Is this a good newsgroup to talk about EVE online?
    >
    >Given that most here, or at least the most vocal, are WoW fans and so
    >more or less by necessity EVE haters... doubtful. Isn't there a
    >webforum you could go to? Or perhaps the space-sim group? I think
    >you'll get mostly abuse here...

    I asked this question on the space-sim group and got a good long useful
    answer (as well as a couple of the usual smart Alecs). The thread should
    still be around, or Google it.
    --
    John Secker

PC gaming Newsgroup Games IBM RPG Video Games