Get rid of password

mjlageman

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
I was told I could go on this site and get rid of my password - re-booting our router always sends us back to password statis - we don't want it

Your wireless network is always going to have a password to join the wireless homegroup but once a computer has that password then it doesn't need it entered again even if the router is rebooted.
If your referring to the user name and password that you need to enter the routers internal settings , then you could go into the router and select change password and then leave it blank and set the user name to the brand of the router.
If your referring to the security key then you also have to go into the routers internal settings and under the wireless tab and wireless security select disabled in the drop down menu for both frequency bands if you have a dual band router. In the drop down menu you have a series of choices and one of them should be disabled. Most routers of different brads will have thier internal pages set up differently so this one is from a Linksys and you may have to look around a little to find the security key generator page but it should be called wireless security.