Need help with a Motorola i860 - Data Cable question

Last response: in Brands
July 27, 2005 11:45:04 AM

I wonder if it is possible to send files from phone to computer and
vice versa using a data cable with the i860. Anyone know if this is
possible? Do I actually have to add ringtones and files only thru my
cell service? Can I not add them using a data cable connection?

Thank in advance.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:41:37 PM

cool, yeah I saw that. Only problem is that it only goes from phone to
computer, not the other way around.
July 28, 2005 11:59:38 PM

Sorry, missed the other computer to phone section. That one is iDEN
Web Java Application Loader. Commonly called WebJAL. Is not directly
easy to find a link to download. Start looking at some of the iDEN
sites, such as www.nextelmodz.com or www.howardforums.com.
August 20, 2005 3:54:11 PM

"ProEJockey" <kddodd@msn.com> wrote in news:1122475504.387626.248100
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I wonder if it is possible to send files from phone to computer and
> vice versa using a data cable with the i860. Anyone know if this is
> possible? Do I actually have to add ringtones and files only thru my
> cell service? Can I not add them using a data cable connection?
>
> Thank in advance.

Sure, DataPilot by Susteen offers software and cable. Radio Shack has a
similar package. I got the cable for 8.90 from Cellphoneshop and purchased
DataPilot software for $35 from Susteen. They even offer downloading so was
up and running in a few mintues after ordering cable.

Good Luck,
Robert
!