Need help with a Motorola i860 - Data Cable question

I wonder if it is possible to send files from phone to computer and
vice versa using a data cable with the i860. Anyone know if this is
possible? Do I actually have to add ringtones and files only thru my
cell service? Can I not add them using a data cable connection?

Thank in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about need motorola i860 data cable question

    Yes, it is called MediaDownloader.
    http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/html/media_download.html

    cool, yeah I saw that. Only problem is that it only goes from phone to
    computer, not the other way around.

    Sorry, missed the other computer to phone section. That one is iDEN
    Web Java Application Loader. Commonly called WebJAL. Is not directly
    easy to find a link to download. Start looking at some of the iDEN
    sites, such as www.nextelmodz.com or www.howardforums.com.

    "ProEJockey" <kddodd@msn.com> wrote in news:1122475504.387626.248100
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > I wonder if it is possible to send files from phone to computer and
    > vice versa using a data cable with the i860. Anyone know if this is
    > possible? Do I actually have to add ringtones and files only thru my
    > cell service? Can I not add them using a data cable connection?
    >
    > Thank in advance.

    Sure, DataPilot by Susteen offers software and cable. Radio Shack has a
    similar package. I got the cable for 8.90 from Cellphoneshop and purchased
    DataPilot software for $35 from Susteen. They even offer downloading so was
    up and running in a few mintues after ordering cable.

    Good Luck,
    Robert

Motorola Cable