fullmetaljester

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2002
Which disk defragger for NTFS 5 is the best? Ive tried the MS one and im currently using the Norton 2002 Speed Disk, but it sucks face on my 30 GB partition and never finishes. Any ideas?

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
If it doesn't finish then that's probably a whole other problem.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

SEB

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
Which disk defragger for NTFS 5 is the best? Ive tried the MS one and im currently using the Norton 2002 Speed Disk, but it sucks face on my 30 GB partition and never finishes. Any ideas?
Ever since i have installed norton systemworks 2002 i have had nothing but problems. I like their stuff for 98 but 2002 sucks. My recomendation uninstall. Windows defrag is good enough. besides a god defrag prog isnt going to give you any huge performance boosts.

:cool: <font color=blue><b>BAD ASS BOYS OVERCLOCK BAD ASS TOYS</b></font color=blue> :cool:

Diskeeper 7.0 is the best defrag utility out there for Win2K/XP. It allows boot-time defragmentation to defrag your page-file... which can make a huge difference in performance. Toey also recommends this one. :smile:

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
I am with you on Diskeeper 7.0. I tried the 30 demo after Toey recommended it and then
bought the full version. It is quick and stopped a lot of by disk errors. I have Win2k
and WinXP with NTFS and it works great.

:smile: <b><font color=green>I took an I.Q. test today...it came back negative.</font color=green></b> :smile: