Two Quibbles with new V188

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
July 28, 2005 2:27:48 AM

I just got a Motorola V188 from T-Mobile, and have a couple of irksome
issues with the phone. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

1) One-touch Speed Dial for the number "1" seems to be reserved for Voice
Mail access. There is even a symbol printed on the key to indicate Voice
Mail. There doesn't seem to be a way to change this. I can store a
different number in location 1, but it still dials Voice Mail access when I
use it.

2) With a call in progress, pressing a key for DTMF signalling of a remote
device will Speed Dial if you hold the digit down too long. My previous
phone, a V60c, would disable the one-touch speed dial feature while a call
was in progress, avoiding this problem.

- Earl
remove both 'x' from my e-mail address

More about : quibbles v188

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 4:57:28 AM

If you enter the message center screen (the screen where you read and create
text messages), and press the center menu button you should see a Voicemail
setup option. In that menu you can change the number it dials when you hold
the 1 button down.

"E Jones" <earl_jonesx@usax.net> wrote in message
>I just got a Motorola V188 from T-Mobile, and have a couple of irksome
> issues with the phone. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
>
> 1) One-touch Speed Dial for the number "1" seems to be reserved for
> Voice
> Mail access. There is even a symbol printed on the key to indicate Voice
> Mail. There doesn't seem to be a way to change this. I can store a
> different number in location 1, but it still dials Voice Mail access when
> use it.
>
> 2) With a call in progress, pressing a key for DTMF signalling of a remote
> device will Speed Dial if you hold the digit down too long. My previous
> phone, a V60c, would disable the one-touch speed dial feature while a call
> was in progress, avoiding this problem.
>
> - Earl
> remove both 'x' from my e-mail address

Anonymous