Sign in with
Your question

Urgent help. no incoming data in Tp link router.

Tags:
  • Routers
  • LAN
  • Internet Connection
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
February 8, 2013 4:08:40 PM

Hey, I have a LAN internet connection. I generally insert the LAN cable into the router which emits wifi signal and it covers whole of my house. Everything was working perfectly until recently when internet stopped working. The problem is that the router doesn't receive any data.. In the router's page, the received column says 0!! But when I connect the lan cable directly into the laptop or Desktop and apply the appropriate ip, subnet mask and all... the net works fine.. I dont understand what the problem is...!!! Why doesnt my router receive data from the LAN? when my pc AND LAPTOP CAN..??? I double checked all the settings in the router.. They are absolutely identical to the settings I apply when I connect it directly to the computer and those settings are also confirmed to be the settings suggested by the internet vendor.. They are also unable to troubleshoot.. Can anyone help?? please??

More about : urgent incoming data link router

February 8, 2013 10:02:43 PM

Could be a bad router, by LAN internet connection I take it you mean you are connecting an Ethernet cable from your modem to the router correct?

Did you try a power cycle on the router? Try a full factory reset on it.

If neither works, you probably need a new router.
m
l
February 8, 2013 10:42:27 PM

Maybe a dumb question, but do you have the network cable plugged into the LAN port on the router?
m
l
Related resources
February 9, 2013 12:10:15 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Could be a bad router, by LAN internet connection I take it you mean you are connecting an Ethernet cable from your modem to the router correct?

Did you try a power cycle on the router? Try a full factory reset on it.

If neither works, you probably need a new router.

I have done that... not once but more that thrice. Ya, ethernet.. :p  I factory reset everything and setup everything from the start.. my tablet and phone connects to the router and interacts but cant connect to the internet.. The router's page says it received zero data. but as soon as I connect the ethernet directly to the CPU, boom... Everything works perfectly! How can I be sure if my router is trashed? And am sure that there is nothing wrong with the way i set it up.. I have done it many times previously for the last one year!!.. It never gave me trouble..
m
l
February 9, 2013 2:00:41 AM

lifesamd said:
I have done that... not once but more that thrice. Ya, ethernet.. :p  I factory reset everything and setup everything from the start.. my tablet and phone connects to the router and interacts but cant connect to the internet.. The router's page says it received zero data. but as soon as I connect the ethernet directly to the CPU, boom... Everything works perfectly! How can I be sure if my router is trashed? And am sure that there is nothing wrong with the way i set it up.. I have done it many times previously for the last one year!!.. It never gave me trouble..

From what was done already, it sounds like the internet port on the router is bad, try it at someone elses house. If it works there, then you know it's OK.
m
l
!