Internet problems

cyberia

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hey, recently out of the blue my internet's been playing up. The connection seems fine, I can browse and game as normal but when I tried to download a youtube video using YTD Video Downloader it said I had no internet connection.

When I try to update OSU using the OSU updater that crashes, Java doesn't update as that crashes. When I play Counter Strike Source you could join servers with custom maps that would automatically download as you connect, now it doesn't. Basically the only programs that seem to download are Chrome and uTorrent. However I downloaded something from a website the other day through Chrome that failed to start, giving me an error saying it wasn't a valid Win32 application which is apparently a downloading issue.

TLDR : Only programs that will download at all are Google Chrome and uTorrent, sometimes corrupt download and connection seems fine.

Windows XP SP3
Pentium 4CPU 2.66GHz
2GB of RAM
Radeon 9600 graphics card
Using an Edimax nLite wireless adapter, Broadband is sky and yes I have unlimited downloading.

Have you run your anti virus to see if there is any virus or malware that could be affecting your computer. Is your anti virus up to date ? Do you have a seperate malware program or is it included in your anti virus.

cyberia

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
About 2 days ago I ordered all the new components for a new PC, more for gaming. I'll update this if the problem persists so we'll know if it's PC based or my router/broadband provider etc..