Netgear wireless adapter installation problem on gigabyte motherboard

swapneshpaliwal

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hello,
I am trying to install netgear WG311 v3 PCI adaptar in my new Gigabyte MB, the momemnt i start the comp after inserting it in PCI slot, it make a noise and shuts down on its own. Please help.

There may be something wrong with the card if you say that the computer makes a noise and then shuts down. There could be a dead short in the card someplace that would cause an imediate tripping of the power supplies circut protection.
Are you sure that your putting it in a pci slot ? You want to make sure that your not putting it into a Pci-e slot.

swapneshpaliwal

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

Thanks Inzone for your response, I am sure I am using PCI slot only. I discussed this with Netgear, they say 4 GB RAM is a problem in my computer and not only theirs but any adapter / USB adapter will not work with 4 GB RAM. I am bit surprised with this answer. Please let me know if this makes some logic or advice me a better adapter whichcan work with 4 GB RAM. Thanks again for your help. Since my adapter is working in my other computer with 2 GB RAM and old P4 processor so I don't anticipate any problem with the adapter.