Arx Fatalis: Return to the Underground

I can only find German links to this game, will it be made for the rest of
the world?

--
If at first you don't succeed, see if the loser gets anything.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> skrev i meddelelsen

> I can only find German links to this game, will it be made for the
> rest of the world?

Nein, absolutelich nicht! :)

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

>I can only find German links to this game, will it be made for the rest of
>the world?

It's just another name for plain old Arx Fatalis. The sequel
has not been showed anywhere yet. It will use HL2 engine.

-Moa Dragon

Quoth The Raven "Arcana Dragon"<this@ress.is.invalid> in
423b81ae$0$208$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk
> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> skrev i meddelelsen
>
>> I can only find German links to this game, will it be made for the
>> rest of the world?
>
> Nein, absolutelich nicht! :)

schitte

--
ERROR: Too much diskspace detected, Windows will generate data.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Quoth The Raven "Mils Michael"<mickmils@hotmail.com> in
d1hab2$nem$1@news.tiscali.fr
>>I can only find German links to this game, will it be made for the
>>rest of the world?
>
> It's just another name for plain old Arx Fatalis. The sequel
> has not been showed anywhere yet. It will use HL2 engine.
>
> -Moa Dragon

well then thats ok. thanks

--
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." -Stanislow Jerzy
Lec

"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>I can only find German links to this game, will it be made for the rest of
>>the world?
>
>It's just another name for plain old Arx Fatalis. The sequel
>has not been showed anywhere yet. It will use HL2 engine.

Is Arx Fatalis any good? I got it with a video card.

Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> looked up from reading the entrails of

>"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>I can only find German links to this game, will it be made for the rest of
>>>the world?
>>
>>It's just another name for plain old Arx Fatalis. The sequel
>>has not been showed anywhere yet. It will use HL2 engine.
>
>Is Arx Fatalis any good? I got it with a video card.

It's a kind of second rate Ultima Underworld.

The same kind of feel in a lot of ways, except for those times you have
control of the character taken away from you for a cutscene - when, just
like KotOR and others, it puts you somewhere you'd never have gone
willingly.

A lot of choices simply aren't there at all, they're made for you during
a cutscene.

The "draw the runes" spell system is also intensely aggravating since
it's "handwriting learner" breaks and suddenly stops accepting runes
drawn _exactly_ the way you drew them before.

There were also numerous bugs at release - those might have been fixed -
I don't know since I never had any impulse to play the game again,
unlike Ultima Underworld.

Xocyll

Quoth The Raven "Bateau"<Gamera@work.stomping.aza> in
afiq31pd7uroas9hedt38ekhlhd63m6d3j@4ax.com
> "Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>I can only find German links to this game, will it be made for the
>>>rest of the world?
>>
>>It's just another name for plain old Arx Fatalis. The sequel
>>has not been showed anywhere yet. It will use HL2 engine.
>
> Is Arx Fatalis any good? I got it with a video card.

difficult control system to get used to, but otherwise very engaging

--
If truth were a matter of opinion, then the majority would always be
right.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Yes that helped a lot. I can't say I loved the spell writing
interface myself but I also found myself getting much better at it, the
more I used it. i.e. it became a non-issue.

Xocyll wrote:

> The "draw the runes" spell system is also intensely aggravating since
> it's "handwriting learner" breaks and suddenly stops accepting runes
> drawn _exactly_ the way you drew them before.

The worst is the fireball, which you usually need in a hurry. One rune
is something like a Z and very often gets interprented as some other
rune. Having been eaten far too often by various monsters my wizard gave
up and bought a large sword.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:31:08 +0000, Cardinal Fang <fang@spam.me>
wrote:

>Xocyll wrote:
>
>> The "draw the runes" spell system is also intensely aggravating since
>> it's "handwriting learner" breaks and suddenly stops accepting runes
>> drawn _exactly_ the way you drew them before.
>
>The worst is the fireball, which you usually need in a hurry. One rune
>is something like a Z and very often gets interprented as some other
>rune. Having been eaten far too often by various monsters my wizard gave
>up and bought a large sword.

Been a while since I played that game, but I seem to recall a "spell
charge" system, where you could "pre-sign" and store up to three
spells. These spells could then be fired off in an emergency by
clicking on a rune icon in the corner of the screen. Don't recall how
that was done, as I said, it's been a while.

If 3 fireballs doesn't do it, I guess you run or use that sword.

MCheu

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:31:08 +0000, Cardinal Fang <fang@spam.me> wrote:

>Xocyll wrote:
>
>> The "draw the runes" spell system is also intensely aggravating since
>> it's "handwriting learner" breaks and suddenly stops accepting runes
>> drawn _exactly_ the way you drew them before.
>
>The worst is the fireball, which you usually need in a hurry. One rune
>is something like a Z and very often gets interprented as some other
>rune. Having been eaten far too often by various monsters my wizard gave
>up and bought a large sword.

Did you not think to have them preloaded? That way you can fire one off at a
button press. If it takes more than 3 to take it down then you need to use
other tactics of course but it does make things a lot easier.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 05:30:46 -0500, MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:31:08 +0000, Cardinal Fang <fang@spam.me>
>wrote:
>
>>Xocyll wrote:
>>
>>> The "draw the runes" spell system is also intensely aggravating since
>>> it's "handwriting learner" breaks and suddenly stops accepting runes
>>> drawn _exactly_ the way you drew them before.
>>
>>The worst is the fireball, which you usually need in a hurry. One rune
>>is something like a Z and very often gets interprented as some other
>>rune. Having been eaten far too often by various monsters my wizard gave
>>up and bought a large sword.
>
>Been a while since I played that game, but I seem to recall a "spell
>charge" system, where you could "pre-sign" and store up to three
>spells. These spells could then be fired off in an emergency by
>clicking on a rune icon in the corner of the screen. Don't recall how
>that was done, as I said, it's been a while.

As you are casting hold down the Stealth button and let go of the Magic button
first. It will then appear in the list of 3.

Quoth The Raven "Cardinal Fang"<fang@spam.me> in
d1m6j6$1mn$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk
> Xocyll wrote:
>
>> The "draw the runes" spell system is also intensely aggravating since
>> it's "handwriting learner" breaks and suddenly stops accepting runes
>> drawn _exactly_ the way you drew them before.
>
> The worst is the fireball, which you usually need in a hurry. One rune
> is something like a Z and very often gets interprented as some other
> rune. Having been eaten far too often by various monsters my wizard
> gave up and bought a large sword.

in a quiet moment you can queue up a few gestures for spells to cast in a
panic with a hot key. that saved my but a few times

--
"Design is the art of effectively communicating a message while making
the communication medium invisible."

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me