Security Update

Is anyone having an issue with Microsoft's new activation tech update for Windows 7? I don't. I downloaded the update, it ran no issues found at this time. I think it is a good tool to tell if your system has been unknowingly hacked and pirated. It does however, want to recheck every 90 days. I simply opened Task Scheduler, went to microsoft/windows/windows activation technologies. open that. there will be 2 tasks set to start every 90 days. I opened properties/triggers/edit and reset it to 365 days. no problem. FYI
7 answers Last reply
More about security update
  1. I never installed it because as far as I'm concerned they can eat my shorts. :lol:
  2. I didn't install it either. Unlike mousemonkey, I don't have a hidden (or maybe not so hidden anymore) grudge against Microsoft :), I just know that my copy is genuine, so there's really no need to bother checking.

Unless of course Microsoft is hacking their own keys for distribution through Technet... haha.
  3. The_Prophecy said:
    I didn't install it either. Unlike mousemonkey, I don't have a hidden (or maybe not so hidden anymore) grudge against Microsoft :), I just know that my copy is genuine, so there's really no need to bother checking.

Unless of course Microsoft is hacking their own keys for distribution through Technet... haha.

I don't got a grudge, I just don't see why my OS should keep phoning home every 90 days.
  4. I was only joking... haha.
  5. I know, I just can't elaborate on what I'd like to do to MS for trying to get me to install that update. :lol: Hint: It involves pineapples, ground glass and an orifice you can't show in public. ;)
  6. Ewwwww..... lmao.
  7. Mousemonkey said:
    I never installed it because as far as I'm concerned they can eat my shorts. :lol:

Well, this was more FYI I was curious as to wither or not the 90 days was set in stone, modifiable, or the update would have to be removed manually. ( other much less savvy household and family members) So I Guinea pigged myself to find out. The 90 day recheck is NOT set in stone, the task can be modified via task scheduler properties/triggers dialog.
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Windows 7 Microsoft