Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

v60g: Add Language/Change Browser Settings + more ques

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 6:03:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Hi and thanks in advance for your help!

I have a motorola v60g which I bought s/h off eBay.(I also got the data
cable, TrueSync Software and Mobile phone Tools software)

1. I don't seem to be able to access the browser settings on the phone.
When I go to the Browser feature on the phone it just starts to
connect. It might be accessing the previous owners settings. I have my
own settings which came with my sim pack inc phone number which I have
to enter. Anyone know how to change these settings?

2. It only has 2 settings in the language menu: automatic and English;
is it possible to add French?

3. The previous owner must have been using a number of lines on the
phone as when I go to check my phone no it first says Line 1 which I
the press to get my no; it also says '1' on the screen whith a phone
handset symbol beside it. How do I remove this.

4. When I open the phone it has cingular on the outside screen, how do
I remove this?


Flax Version: 92291xybsa13f
Technology: TriBand GSM
Software Version: PHX8_G_03.30.10R
DSP S/W Version: 00003813
Language List: 0001
Data/TrueSync/Browser/Mp3 : Yes.


thanks
JimBob
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 4:09:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

> 1. I don't seem to be able to access the browser settings on the phone.
> When I go to the Browser feature on the phone it just starts to
> connect. It might be accessing the previous owners settings. I have my
> own settings which came with my sim pack inc phone number which I have
> to enter. Anyone know how to change these settings?

Main Menu / Settings / Browser Setup /

Then use the Menu to edit an existing Setup or New Entry to add another
setup.

> 2. It only has 2 settings in the language menu: automatic and English;
> is it possible to add French?

Language list 5 has Dutch and French as well.

> 3. The previous owner must have been using a number of lines on the
> phone as when I go to check my phone no it first says Line 1 which I
> the press to get my no; it also says '1' on the screen whith a phone
> handset symbol beside it. How do I remove this.
>

Not sure what you mean but a Master Reset (under Main Menu / Settings /
Other Settings / Initial Setup) will set the phone back to default factory
settings and a Master Clear will delete all your data on the phone - use
with care.

> 4. When I open the phone it has cingular on the outside screen, how do
> I remove this?

Its part of the flex so built in.

> Flax Version: 92291xybsa13f
> Technology: TriBand GSM
> Software Version: PHX8_G_03.30.10R
> DSP S/W Version: 00003813
> Language List: 0001
> Data/TrueSync/Browser/Mp3 : Yes.

Al
!