Sign in with
Your question

IDE\\CDROMMATSHITA_DVD-RAM_UJ-820S DEVICE DRIVER

Last response: in Windows 7
June 5, 2012 4:23:03 AM

I have a Toshiba P35 S6112 that had windows xp home edition. I upgraded to Windows 7 home premium and now the Matshita DVD says it is disconnected or non existant. Are there any Windows 7 drivers for this DVD drive or do I have to revert back to Windows XP or buy a new DVD drive?
June 5, 2012 8:08:10 AM

You shouldn't need a driver for low level hardware like a DVD drive. First check your device manager to see if all devices are installed. Be sure you have installed your chipset driver (Very Important!). There is a chance that the IDE/SATA/RAID controller has not been installed yet so the system can't see that there is a DVD drive present. If you see that there are drivers missing in device manager then you should check Toshiba Support for anything you have not installed.
If none of these work then your next step would be to replace the drive.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 5, 2012 10:42:27 AM

Hi

to check for hardware fault or software/registry corruption see if you can boot from a bootable CD or DVD

eg Windows operating system disks, some Anti virus disks etc

There is usually a Bios option to boot from DVD before hard disk and often a F key to set boot option for one occasion (often F12 or F8)
see manual on on Toshiba support web site.

If you installed Windows 7 from DVD problem is probably software corruption.
What does bios say about existance of DVD drive ?

regards

Mike Barnes
June 15, 2012 2:42:32 AM

ngrego said:
You shouldn't need a driver for low level hardware like a DVD drive. First check your device manager to see if all devices are installed. Be sure you have installed your chipset driver (Very Important!). There is a chance that the IDE/SATA/RAID controller has not been installed yet so the system can't see that there is a DVD drive present. If you see that there are drivers missing in device manager then you should check Toshiba Support for anything you have not installed.
If none of these work then your next step would be to replace the drive.

In the device manager there is no cd/dvd showing at all. I have removed the drive and put it back in to make sure it was plugged in all the way, to no avail. I also tried replacing it with 2 other dvd drives just to see if it would acknowledge they were present. Nothing. Would this then verify that the IDE/SATA/RAID controller is not installed yet, or that the chipset driver hasn't been installed? I have checked on the Toshiba website and do not find any updates for this drive.
June 15, 2012 2:48:33 AM

mbarnes86 said:
Hi

to check for hardware fault or software/registry corruption see if you can boot from a bootable CD or DVD

eg Windows operating system disks, some Anti virus disks etc

There is usually a Bios option to boot from DVD before hard disk and often a F key to set boot option for one occasion (often F12 or F8)
see manual on on Toshiba support web site.

If you installed Windows 7 from DVD problem is probably software corruption.
What does bios say about existance of DVD drive ?

regards

Mike Barnes

I changed the bios to boot from CD first but because the computer doesn't recognize the drive it does not boot from the cd. When I push the button to open the drive it opens, I insert disk and close, after it starts to spin it shuts off.
!